Ash J Profile picture
May 3, 2023 10 tweets 8 min read Read on X
Unions, leftist groups, & anti-colonial groups in NYC marched from Union Square to Grand Central yesterday for #MayDay with stops at the recently-collapsed First Republic Bank, real estate agency HJ Kalikow & Co, & Starbucks. NYPD on foot & in NYPD vehicles followed the march. ImageImageImageImage
While people gathered in Union Square in NYC yesterday for #MayDay, people gave speeches & The Raging Grannies sang some songs.
Unions, leftist groups, & anti-colonial groups took over the streets of NYC yesterday for #MayDay & marched from Union Square to Grand Central. They made stops at HJ Kalikow & Co, First Republic Bank, & Starbucks. NYPD cops on foot, on scooters, & in cars followed the march.
Unions, leftist groups, & anti-colonial groups in NYC marched from Union Square to Grand Central yesterday for #MayDay. They made stops during the march with the first stop being at First Republic Bank, which recently collapsed & was bailed out by the government & JPMorgan Chase.
Unions, leftist groups, & anti-colonial groups in NYC marched from Union Square to Grand Central yesterday for #MayDay. They made stops along the way with the second stop being outside of real estate agency HJ Kalikow & Co.
Unions, leftist groups, & anti-colonial groups in NYC marched from Union Square to Grand Central yesterday for #MayDay. Here's a look at some of the NYPD cops on foot who were following & surveilling the march.
Unions, leftist groups, & anti-colonial groups in NYC marched from Union Square to Grand Central yesterday for #MayDay. As soon as protesters got into Grand Central & chanted, the MTA began doing PSAs over the loudspeaker in order to drown out the chants.
Unions, leftist groups, & anti-colonial groups in NYC marched from Union Square to Grand Central yesterday for #MayDay. The march made stops at real estate agency HJ Kalikow & Co, the recently-collapsed First Republic Bank, & then ended at the Starbucks in Grand Central.
Unions, leftist groups, & anti-colonial groups in NYC marched from Union Square to Grand Central yesterday for #MayDay. Here's some more pics from the march: ImageImageImageImage
Unions, leftist groups, & anti-colonial groups in NYC marched from Union Square to Grand Central yesterday for #MayDay. Here's some more pics of the (uniformed & plainclothes) NYPD cops who followed & surveilled the march: ImageImageImageImage

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Ash J

Ash J Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @AshAgony

Aug 20
Protesters countered the Hindu fascist displays at NYC’s India Day Parade on Sunday. Protesters followed the Ram Mandir float, passed out info to people, put up radical artwork along the parade route, & displayed a banner saying “Inquilab Zindabad” (“Long live the revolution!”).

Protesters chanted & spray painted “Azadi!” (“Freedom!”) along the parade route, spoke up for oppressed groups victimized by Hindu fascist violence in India & the US, & also waved Palestine flags while denouncing the Hindu fascist support of Israel.

All the videos & photos in this thread were sent to me anonymously.

Here’s the communique the protesters released:
Read 33 tweets
Jul 14
A group called the Transit Liberation Front smashed 10 OMNY machines in subway stations across NYC in response to a call from Black revolutionaries in Atlanta calling for a summer of resistance against the US & Israel's colonial/state violence & surveillance. Image
The photo was sent to me anonymously.

Here's the communique:
"Recently, Black Revolutionaries in Atlanta sent out a call for a Summer of Resistance, [...]"
Read 24 tweets
Jun 6
The NYC Police Foundation (a group of rich plutocrats who funnel money to NYPD) is holding a gala today. So far there’s a small group of protesters & an army of NYPD cops putting up barricades everywhere. Cops are making the protesters go almost a block away from the entrance.
On the way to this protest, I spotted NYPD Sgt Ahmed Abdalla (badge #: 2823) in uniform talking on the phone & smoking a cigarette. You can see him trying to hide it. That definitely goes against the NYPD Patrol Guide. Will he get disciplined for this? Let’s see. But I doubt it.
The NYC Police Foundation (a group of rich plutocrats who funnel money to NYPD) is holding a gala today. Protesters are near the entrance for (affluent) gala attendees walking & driving in. Protesters are chanting at & booing gala attendees as they walk to the gala.

Read 12 tweets
May 31
I just got to Brooklyn Museum where pro-Palestine have made a stop during a march. Lots of NYPD cops in helmets & batons here to surveil and repress the protest. Protesters just dropped a banner saying “Free Palestine, Divest from genocide” from the top of the museum.
The connection sucks for me around here so my tweets are posting late. Lots of arrests though. Protesters are still outside Brooklyn Museum.
I’ll post more videos later when I’m somewhere with a better connection. Pro-Palestine protesters are still outside Brooklyn Museum. An army of NYPD cops are still here along with drones & a helicopter. Lots of brutal arrests today both inside & outside the museum.
Read 42 tweets
Apr 30
I just got to the Gaza Solidarity Encampment at NYU. Looks like cops put up barricades around the encampment. People are here outside the barricades to show solidarity with the students. NYU students demand that NYU divest from Israel, close NYU Tel Aviv, & get cops off campus.

NYPD cop Anthony Smith (badge #: 23039) is here spying on protesters outside of NYU’s Gaza Solidarity Encampment.
“Over 40,000 dead!
NYU your hands are red!”

Pro-Palestine protesters are marching now outside of NYU.
Read 33 tweets
Apr 15
Anarchists in NYC redecorated multiple Chase banks near Wall Street yesterday for its investments in Israeli weapons company Elbit Systems.

“Funder of genocide”, “Drop Elbit”, & “Free Gaza” were written in blood red paint, & the doors were chained & sealed shut with spray foam.

Chase Bank is the 6th largest stockholder in Elbit Systems. Even though NYPD tried to quickly take off the chains & foam & open the doors, much of the blood red paint still remains.

Here’s some more pics that were sent to me:

Here’s the group’s communique:

WALL ST FUNDS  GENOCIDE!  CHASE BANK HAS BLOOD ON ITS HANDS! FUCK WALL ST!  FUCK CHASE!   Initiating the global call for an economic blockade on April 15, early in the morning of Sunday, April 14, an autonomous group of anti-capitalist/anti-imperialist anarchists targeted multiple Chase Bank locations for its investments in Elbit Systems and the zionist entity in large  — Chase Bank is the 6th largest stockholder in the weapons manufacturer creating the tools of mass destruction for the genocide in Gaza. Through concentrating efforts around Wall St., which WOL is marching on this Monday, we...
Read 13 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(