Fidelis To Justice Profile picture
Jun 10, 2023 5 tweets 3 min read Read on X
1/This George Orwell quote from 1984 defines the GOP:

"The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or happiness: only power, pure power. (Cont)
#ResistanceUnited
#ONEV1
2/We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it."

Orwell's quote is the GOP's true mission. Only difference between Republicans and Orwell's 1984 party is that they're also devoted to redistributing wealth from wage earners to their elites. (Cont) Image
3/And if Republicans prevail in 2024, they WILL NOT relinquish power in most of our lifetimes. Given that reality, merely voting yourself is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. We must all become force multipliers for democracy. Engage, persuade, and mobilize as many friends, family, and (Cont) Image
4/neighbors as you can. Especially those in touch with folks in Red States or districts. Inspire them to do the same. Lives and freedom are at stake. Don't wait for Jack Smith or Biden to save us. Let us pledge to each other TODAY to have no regrets we didn't do enough. (Cont) Image
5/ Achieving FDR's vision articulated in his Four Freedoms speech in 1941 is up to us. We're the ones to make it happen. Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Fidelis To Justice

Fidelis To Justice Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @FidelisToJusti1

Aug 24
🧵*Content below is my opinion.

1/ It was the fall of 1982. NFL players were in the midst of a seven week strike and my dad was watching one of those evangelical preacher scam artists on cable TV. It was a teaching moment.
#ProudBlueEditorials
#ResistanceRoots
#ONEV1
#VetsResist
2/ Today, August 24th would have been my dad's 90th birthday and random memories are popping up like this one.

NFL player's strike had disrupted our Sunday routine. Nonetheless, dad was an observant yet liberal Jew, so I was confused as to why he was watching this preacher.
3/ Dad like many Jewish Americans felt threatened by the assault on separation of church and state waged by the so called "moral majority."

At 13, thanks largely to him, I was already a political current news events junkie thinking about larger issues.
Read 25 tweets
Aug 18
🧵*Content of below thread is my opinion.

1/ I've struggled to finish this🧵 numerous times since JD Vance's 2021 comments about "childless cat ladies" resurfaced. What he said is also hurtful to us childless lonely men.
#ProudBlueEditorials
#ResistanceUnited
#ONEV1
#VetsResist
2/ People waging their finger at you about being alone or not having kids is inexcusably cruel, condescending and insulting.

We all have unique back stories, traumas and circumstances that shape our lives. And there are moments when being single and alone cut to the bone.
3/ One such moment happened to me just prior to Covid sheltering NY in place. I was in Astoria Queens scheduling a colonoscopy for February 2020 at a GI doctor's office. A young woman passed on info I needed. She then tells me it's required I be accompanied to the procedure.
Read 25 tweets
Aug 17
🧵Content below is my opinion.

1/ Lizard Brain. It's the most primitive part of our mind regulating survival urges and instincts warning of danger. It's our inner lizard that controls our desires and responses to threats.
#ProudBlueEditorials
#ResistanceUnited
#ONEV1
#VetsResist
2/ We all have a lizard brain. Indeed, we all need it to live. Our impulses to mate, feed, fight or flee, stem from the always alert inner lizard in our minds. Our inner lizard also helps us survive winner take all hostile social environments such as middle school or an office.
3/ Example, as a financial crimes compliance professional, I depend on my inner lizard. Investigating transactional activity that facilitates crimes such as human trafficking while surviving backstabbing corporate politics is a job for my inner lizard.
Read 25 tweets
Aug 11
🧵Content below is my opinion.

1/ I am white man hear me roar.

Roaring whiney white men has defined the GOP since 1964. It's now been 60 years of the GOP offering nothing of value to most Americans. That's all they got.
#ProudBlueEditorials
#ResistanceRoots
#ONEV1
#VetsResist Image
2/ Their decades long misogynistic and xenophobic primal scream has been a cultural weapon of mass destruction. The real purpose of their white men hear us roar paradigm was to dupe working people into accepting a grotesquely unfair risk/reward life ratio.

3/ It's a formula Republicans adopted from racist Dixiecrats within the Democratic Party. Remarkably, whiney roaring white men racism facilitated acceptance of cultural misogny from white women. Meanwhile, their misogynistic patriarchy was embraced by too many non-white men.
Read 26 tweets
Aug 8
🧵@MarlingaForMI10 belongs to the political party that champions freedom for all and as responsibility from all and also knows when to mind its own damn business. GOP incumbent John James is an enabler of hate, anger and oppression.
#ResistanceBlue
#Allied4Dems
#ONEV1
#VetsResist Image
Read 12 tweets
Aug 6
🧵It's called synergy. Volunteer, donate and turn out the vote for Pennsylvania congressman @ChrisForPA and you also help @VP win the state. Win Pennsylvania and we defend freedom against oppressive evil weirdo MAGA GOP terrorists.
#ResistanceBlue
#Allied4Dems
#ONEV1
#VetsResist Image
Read 11 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(