Гіль🔪 Profile picture
Oct 30, 2023 9 tweets 4 min read Read on X
I’ve read the @time article with @ZelenskyyUa quote and it struck me but not for the grim picture it painted. I was bamboozled by the amount of anonymous comments. Now walk with me here ⬇️ Image
For starters, weird justification of russian strikes on 🇺🇦 civilians, despite nothing russia do in Ukraine can be “in response”. Also the weird assumption that Patriots air defence systems are there to protects “Zelenskyy office” and not a 4 mln of civilians in Kyiv. But then ⬇️
Almost every paragraph of Shuster’s text included some type of context commentary from “close presidential aides” or “advisors” or “officials”.
None of the longtime members or aides are on the record. And the commentary they provide to the main storyline of Zelensky’s reality (almost 2 years into full scale russian invasion and almost a decade into 🇺🇦-russia war) are subtly painting Ukrainian defence as a failure.
These are all different instances. All these supposed advisors and aides are this quick to be frank and honest and share their deepest doubts with a foreign journalist midst war and constant misinformation campaigns? Am I missing something here?
Again, according to Shuster’s “sources” the atmosphere of despair and disbelief. Every “close president team member” commentary so just happen to perfectly match the most popular narratives about “negotiations with 🇷🇺, failed counteroffensive”, and, russia’s fave, “corruption”
Overall the article makes you think if “it’s all worth it in the end”. A perfect conclusion for someone that watches the genocide of Ukrainians like a tv show. But not for us. We, Ukrainians, don’t have a choice. Image
Oh. Never mind, the journalist that wrote the article is russian. Thanks for the objectivity @time
Even better. Why not Christopher miller then? Both are making money off of our genocide they themselves enabled.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Гіль🔪

Гіль🔪 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @i_gil_

Jan 25
Once in a blue moon, western media do listen to Ukrainian voices, and in this case the piece from @OKhromeychuk in @guardian is highlighting smth the progressive western society does not want to admit:
1/ Image
For some twisted reason it’s Ukrainians that are pressured to justify themselves in public spaces. Censored, pushed aside and forced to reach out to “russian opposition, ordinary russians”, while the latter show nothing but fascist imperialist hate and never advocate for 🇺🇦. Image
Russian war crimes, no matter how horrible and wide spread, no longer making the news and people in the west are openly annoyed whenever Ukrainians bring them up. We were supposed to win this fascist russian Goliath with drops of the military aid and without ruining the mood.

Read 7 tweets
Nov 1, 2023
I see an alarming number of fishy fundraisers daily, targeting foreigners, so here are a few rules, we, 🇺🇦, are following when donating money:
1) ❌ no anonymity. Unit or brigade often provides official requests or video confirmation. This helps to track the donated items.
⬇️ Image
2) ❌ no anonymous campaign runners. Ukrainian volunteers that gather donations are using their real legal names, photos. No nicknames or even fellas profiles. That ensures transparency and accountability
Biggest examples: @sternenko @dim0kq @LyrYevhen @igorlachenkov @bo_pavlo
3) ❌ “we can’t tell because it’s for soldiers safety”.
Ukrainians call bs. Unit# is to find people from there and check if the request is real. If you protect the soldiers, be ready to provide your info so people can later request the receipts and reports from you (see p 2)
Read 8 tweets
Oct 23, 2023
. @pivonkaaa_ is right.“GIANT NAZI FESTIVAL” was held in 🇺🇦 2014-19, lastly in Bingo club, Kyiv (capacity 1500). No data, but let’s say it sold out. Still too many, I agree. Almost 5 millions voted for a far right party in 🇩🇪. But the latter won’t matter for @pivonkaaa_
why? 1/
@pivonkaaa_ is “morally consistent” when “exposing” nazies and fascists. But only if they are in 🇺🇦. Not her home Czech Republic. Because… “not many people are interested”, still blocks people that bring it up. She admits that tweets about nazies in 🇺🇦 are more popular online

As anti fascist @pivonkaaa_ can even justify when a far right party gets the majority of votes in Slovakia (doesn’t that mean that 24% of a 5.5 mln country voted for nazies?) and wants to stop aid to 🇺🇦. She’s sympathetic towards 🇸🇰, never demands them to “publicly condemn” it.

Read 9 tweets
Sep 7, 2023
After recent missile strike on #Kostiantynivka Bellingcat and Julian röpcke endorse ruslan leviev: an ex navalny team member that spreads narratives about “Kiev regime” and calls #NAFO “putin’s assets” (see below)

CIT, a part of which leviev is, routinely spreads conspiracy theories like with russian missile strike in Dnipro and Kramatorsk train station. theories that are widely used by the Kremlin. leviev now claims he is fiercely fighting smth he’s a part of - russian propaganda machine.

Why the “missile came from northwest” claims are ridiculed? Starting from the CIT (conflict intelligence team🤡) inability to find a the town with the same name to the logic of the missile trajectory or CITs inability to explain air raid alert in Donetsk at the same time. Image
Read 5 tweets
Aug 17, 2023
Since @nytimes made my eyes bleed again, I want to remind the western allies and 🇺🇦 supporters:

russian liberals are not the solution. They are not Ukraine’s allies. They will ever lead russians against Putin, nor they will ever address 🇷🇺 imperialism. Let me explain 1/ Image
One thing you would never see a single russian liberal do is LET OTHERS SPEAK: they don’t elevate 🇺🇦 voices, don’t advocate for sending more weapon to Ukraine. They never address or acknowledge 🇷🇺 war crimes in Syria, Georgia, Moldova, Chechnya. They just need a spotlight 2/
part of the rhetoric of so called 🇷🇺 opposition and “putin’s critics” is west-oriented performance. Pevchikh has photoshoots & red carpets in the US. Shulman has panels (50£ tickets!) in London. Navalny team is looking for coordinator in 🇫🇷 and opening 🇬🇧 speaking channels 3/

Read 11 tweets
Aug 6, 2023
Today I want to talk about yet another russian liberal who’s voice is elevated and taken seriously by 🇺🇦 supporters abroad.
Take Leonid Ragozin, for example. A "nationality: journalist" as his profile says. His first piece about 🇺🇦 during the Revolution of Dignity. I was there 1/ Image
In that piece Ragozin… criticises Navalny? And using phrases like "problems faced by the Russians in Ukraine." "the danger posed by the Ukrainian nationalists, "Russian regions of Ukraine" and the «artificial nature of Ukraine's borders".
Does that wording seem familiar? 2/ Image
He repeatedly insists that russians are tired of Ukraine, that’s why no russian liberals are organising support protests to support Ukrainians fighting for their right to remain independent from russia’s influence and says that Russia “released Ukraine”. 3/ Image
Read 11 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(