Jerrad Christian For Congress 2024 Profile picture
Aug 19 11 tweets 4 min read Read on X
After Trump told Elon that “nuclear warming” is a bigger threat than global warming, I asked my team to dig up Trump’s past comments on nuclear war. I was NOT prepared for what they found.

I’m convinced Donald Trump is a pathetic psychopath… Thread. 🧵 /1
In 1985, Trump claimed to be in talks with the Reagan White House on a plan to stop countries from developing or buying nuclear weapons. 

“The Trump Plan,” would see the U.S. combine forces with the Soviet Union and wipe out other countries’ economies. /2 Image
“There are so many of these countries that are so fragile and we have a vast power that’s never been used. They depend on us for food, for medical supplies… You go in and clean it out.” - Trump in 1985 /3 Image
Trump said he would approach countries “as nicely as possible,” then attack.

“You do whatever is necessary so these people will have riots in the street, so they can’t get water… Band-Aids… food. That’s the only thing that’s going to do it — the people, the riots.” /4 Image
I know what some of you are thinking. “Jerrad, that was 40 years ago! If Trump still wanted to do that, he could have.”

Look at what he said about the U.S. in 2014. See why I said he’s a psychopath? But I’m not done yet. /5

In his interview with Elon, Trump agreed that nuclear war isn’t as scary as people think, since Hiroshima and Nagasaki were rebuilt after being hit with atomic bombs in 1945.

In Hiroshima alone, 80,000 people -including babies and children - were killed instantly, vaporized. /6
Suggesting that using weapons of mass destruction isn’t actually a bad thing? That’s the mindset of a psychopath – but what else would you expect from a guy who wants to starve entire countries to have more power for himself? /7
Trump already told us why he didn’t start nuking countries when he was in office.

At a rally in January, he celebrated Truman dropping atomic bombs even though he could’ve been indicted. Trump said that’s why “you have to give a president full and total immunity.” /8
Now we risk this psychopath HAVING “full and total” presidential immunity to bomb other countries without consequence.

If he wins in November, then the only thing stopping Donald Trump’s dreams from becoming reality is a Democrat supermajority in Congress... maybe /9
As the next representative for OH-12, I will fully support every effort to reform the Supreme Court, hold corrupt justices accountable, and pass a constitutional amendment making it clear that NO PRESIDENT IS ABOVE THE LAW. /10 Image
It is up to the next Congress to reinforce our system of checks and balances and make sure no one like Donald Trump ever has unlimited power.

Can you spare $12 today to help me flip OH-12, defeat one of his MAGA loyalists. and defend our democracy? secure.actblue.com/donate/j_twitt…

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Jerrad Christian For Congress 2024

Jerrad Christian For Congress 2024 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @JerradChristian

Sep 18
I know National Voter Registration Day was yesterday, but I need to share some scary shit Republicans have been planning so you can’t vote this year.

Let’s talk about Cleta Mitchell, ALEC, the CNP, and why you need to check your voter registration RIGHT NOW. Please share! 🧵 /1
Cleta Mitchell is an attorney who has represented the National Republican Senatorial Committee, the National Republican Congressional Committee, and the proud sponsor of school shootings, i.e. the NRA.

She also represented “political outsider” Donald Trump way back in 2011. /2 Image
Since 2012, Cleta Mitchell has become the go-to attorney for Republican efforts to thwart democracy.

She was even on the January 2021 call when Donald Trump pressured Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to change the state’s vote count. /3
washingtonpost.com/politics/trump…
Read 15 tweets
Sep 14
Children locked inside homes, families terrified, teachers and city officials afraid to go to work.

This is what we might expect in a town taken hostage by terrorists, in another country.

But the country is ours, the town is my family’s, and the terrorists are American. /1 🧵 Image
I have family in Springfield. It’s where my grandma spent her final years, and I still visit to see family members.

Before this past week, everyone was fine. Now people are living in fear. /2
The Springfield City School District had to close for two days after extremists who heard Trump’s comments at the debate made BOMB THREATS against an elementary school and several city offices. /3 Image
Read 10 tweets
Sep 9
Donald Trump won’t talk about his agenda during tomorrow’s debate because most of it is #Project2025. Instead he'll focus on two things.

First, he’ll paint Kamala as radical. He knows she isn’t, but it’s his only strategy since he can’t attack her age (see clip below).🧵
When Trump isn’t attacking Kamala on the debate stage tomorrow, he’ll waste time lying about his first four years in office.

This was his strategy in June: lie about the last term to avoid talking about the next one.
If Trump does answer questions about policy tomorrow, ask yourself if his answer makes any sense.

If it does, then consider which of his billionaire donors the policy might help more than it would help us.

If it doesn’t, like this answer, then why would you vote for him?
Read 5 tweets
Sep 3
🧵I hate that I have to talk about this. I hate that this is where we’re at. But no one is raising the right alarm: not our leaders, not our media, and not enough people here on Twitter.

We are quickly approaching 1930s Germany, and I refuse to pretend we can’t see it. /1

After WWII, German pastor Martin Niemöller spoke about what he considered his complicity at the start of Hitler’s regime. You might have read this quote before…

In our case, first they came for women - and it’s not just abortion bans. /2 Image
Lawmakers have introduced bills that would ban IVF and allow law enforcement to track women’s pregnancies, to prosecute women who even consider abortion.

We know they won’t stop at women’s rights. Just look at the terms they want to ban. It’s page 4 in Project 2025. /3 Image
Read 11 tweets
Aug 23
🧵Some people might think I’m anti-Republican because I call out Donald Trump, the Federalist Society, the Heritage Foundation, the Council for National Policy, etc.

I’m NOT anti-Republican. I’m anti-corruption and anti-criminals, and it’s not MY fault they took over the GOP. /1
I'm not anti-Republican. I know most Republican voters aren’t bad people because I was raised by Republicans and started out Republican myself. I only abandoned the party because the party abandoned people like me.

I haven’t seen the Democrats do that in my lifetime. /2 Image
I also haven’t seen Democrats try to vilify Republicans as a whole the way they have vilified us. There are people who have been so tricked by the GOP’s identity politics that they’ve forgotten there are good people in every party /3 Image
Read 15 tweets
Aug 9
If you haven’t figured this out already, I’m running for Congress because I care. I’m honestly not a fan of “party politics.” That includes backdoor deals, hidden agendas, and corruption of any kind – whether or not it threatens our democracy.

This kind of corruption does. 🧵 /1 Image
While we were busy celebrating Kamala announcing Tim Walz as her running mate, the Georgia Election Board passed a new rule that could give Trump loyalists a free pass to reject the election results in November.

What does this mean? /2
The new Georgia Election Board rule is so vague that all we know for sure is it gives partisan election officials an easier path to send the election to the courts. And the officials who voted for it talked to Donald Trump first. /3
Read 8 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(