The attention of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria has been drawn to a tweet by @DrJoeAbah , a passenger who complained of being charged a fee of N2,000 for carrying a dutiable item in his travel suitcase,
and sought explanations on the legal basis for charging this fee.
For the purpose of clarity, the N2,000 is not a fee charged on dutiable items, as only the Nigerian Customs Service is empowered by law to collect duties.
The N2,000 is a CARGO SURCHARGE, and it is only applicable to items that are supposed to be facilitated through the cargo section of the airport, but being brought in through passenger terminals.
FAAN TEMPORARILY CLOSES RUNWAY 18R IN LAGOS.
The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria hereby announces a temporary closure of Runway 18R/36L at the Murtala Mohammed Airport, Lagos.
The closure is due to a landing incident involving a Boeing 737 Azman Air aircraft with registration 5N SYS, and flight number ZQ2325. The aircraft had a tyre burst after landing on this runway.
All passengers and crew on board the aircraft were safely evacuated at 1908 hours, and officials of FAAN Air Rescue and Fire Fighting Services, AIB and NAHCO are already working to ensure the aircraft is towed out of the runway, so as to restore normalcy.
LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT INSPECTS FACILITIES AT MMIA; EXPRESSES SATISFACTION AT FAAN'S PREPAREDNESS
Ahead of the recommencement of international flight operations at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos on Saturday September 5, 2020,
2. the Lagos State Government has expressed satisfaction at the level of preparedness of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria to restart.
This disclosure was made when officials of the State Government paid a working visit to the airport to ascertain its level of.....
3. preparedness. Speaking after a comprehensive inspection of facilities, the Deputy Governor of the State, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat who led the delegation from Lagos State Government noted that he had gone through the various measures put in place to ensure safety and security.....
FAAN OFFERS NO CASH SERVICES TO PASSENGERS ...URGES PASSENGERS TO RESIST AND REPORT SUCH REQUESTS ON THE SPOT
As the nation's airports begin to reopen gradually for flight operations, the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria has advised passengers to desist from
2. giving money and to report any official from any agency that requests money under any guise.
The Authority will like to inform passengers and other airport users that there is no aspect of its services at the airports that is being paid for by cash.
3. Arriving passengers are expected to have gone through the Covid-19 test before boarding their flights from ports of departure, therefore they should not pay any money whatsoever to any airport official for the purpose.
PUBLIC STATEMENT 1. The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) notes with dismay, two acts of infractions on the rules and guidelines for air passengers and airport users. The first incident occurred on Saturday, July 11, 2020, at the Aminu Kano International Airport,
2. when the former governor of Zamfara State, Alhaji Abdulaziz Yari, declined to adhere to the Port Health protocols and procedures.The second incident occurred on Tuesday, July 14, 2020, when the Governor of Adamawa State, Alhaji Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri,
3. arrived at the Port Harcourt International Airport, in company of eight other passengers. He also fragrantly refused to observe the airport security and port health protocols.
1. The Management of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) hereby strongly condemns the conduct of the Governor of Adamawa state Alh Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri, who arrived Port Harcourt international Airport aboard aircraft 5N-IZY, at 17:08 hrs on 14th July 2020
2. with 8 others, and who flagrantly refused to observe the Airport Security and Public Health protocols as directed by the Federal Government through the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on #COVID19 by refusing to have his temperature checked, or being sanitised by the health....
3. officials. His whole entourage of 8 did exactly as he did. The team that came to receive them drove right through the barricades up to the terminal building ignoring traffic and Aviation Security instructions.
January 22, 2020 1. FAAN TRAVEL ADVISORY
In an effort to protect passengers from the epidemic ravaging some countries and to prevent the spread of such communicable diseases into Nigeria, the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria hereby advises passengers and other
2...airport users to comply with all quarantine procedures at the nation's airports. All the equipment and personnel used in combating the deadly ebola virus in 2014 are still very much in place at the airports.
3. FAAN has always had thermal scanners in her airports that monitor temperature of passengers and capture their pictures. When passengers walk pass the scanner, it registers their temperature and If too high, they are pulled aside for observation.
FAAN COLLAPSE MAKE SHIFT TENT AT PORT HARCOURT AIRPORT, MOVES LOCAL OPERATION TO OLD INTERNATIONAL TERMINAL.
Following the recent commissioning and movement of international operations to the new international terminal
at the Port Harcourt International Airport, the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) has collapsed the make shift tent at the airport.
With this development, all domestic arrivals have now been moved to the old international terminal.
Also, the former local departure lounge will henceforth serve as local arrival hall, while the erstwhile international departure lounge has now been converted to local departure lounge.