Of course, one could claim that Turkey occupies Cyprus in similar grounds. But...
1) Russia waited for local referendums, actual suppression, alerted organs of international community for ~ a decade 2) In criminal law, past is not erased. Turkey & Germany have a genocidal past.
Jan 9, 2022 • 17 tweets • 7 min read
"there is no evidence"
1/ The greatest logicians & scientists of humankind rarely, if ever, used the phrase "there is no evidence" to prove any point.
Instead, this became the strongest modern "scientific" argument by atheists, demagogues & charlatans. Why? 2/ There are major defects in that phrase
a) defect of pure logic "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"
b) Intellectual weakness & bad faith. Demagogues escape the labor of a serious debate (to show opposing evidence are weak or bad) by "there is no evidence".
Jan 5, 2022 • 36 tweets • 13 min read
What is gene therapy?
1/ After my previous thread I continue getting criticism, under the assumption that "gene therapy" is defined with three words "modify the DNA".
I'm left with two options. Either to burn my books in genetics, or to debunk that myth. 2/ For a healthy debate we need to make an agreement, a social contract: we'll try to use domain-specific terminology.
- not Kindergarten dumbed down vocabulary (like Fauci)
- not made up terms (like @nntaleb or Fact Checkers)
- not made up data (from Mathematica)
Jan 4, 2022 • 28 tweets • 9 min read
1/ Are mRNA vaccines "just vaccines" or tools for gene therapy?
2/ According to Anthony Fauci, the mRNA vaccine "has nothing at all to do with modifying your DNA, it's an mRNA that codes for a protein".
He didn't say there is a LOW risk.
He didn't say there is INSIGNIFICANT risk.
He said "NOTHING at all to do".
Jan 2, 2022 • 4 tweets • 3 min read
Dynamic hedging 101
1. Insult, daily, little accounts 2. Insult some w/ larger following ONLY if they're benign (e.g. insult @PTetlock as "rat") 3. Insult large+effective accounts ONLY AFTER they're gone ex: do NOT pick on Trump, Malone etc. until they're out, they may crush you
Example: @nntaleb was silent on Malone. He wrote 4 comments insulting him *hours* after he was cancelled (Dec 29, 2021). He suddenly remembered an old embarrassing video of Marjorie Greene after she was cancelled. Would he picked on her, personally, if she was active?
Dec 27, 2021 • 14 tweets • 5 min read
Scientific publications & Spy networks
Robert Maxwell, father of Ghislaine Maxwell.
He refused accusations for being an Israeli spy. However, according to Washington Post his funeral was set in Israel with honours of a national hero (attending ministers & the Prime Minister).
Paul Rosbaud worked as a spy for MI6, Great Britain. A unique kind of spy, working at Springer to infiltrate Nazi scientific networks.
Dec 7, 2021 • 26 tweets • 8 min read
Principles of law
There are two major pillars where the law stands on:
1) a network of legal principles that EXPLICITLY give logical coherence
2) a worldview by the authors (philosophy, doctrines, symbols etc) that IMPLICITLY overshadows the law and inspires new principles
In the west we have two major legal traditions (French civil code, English common law) and both are founded on the shoulders of philanthrope Christian doctrines.
Let's skip the history of Providence in FR Civil Rights or Christianity in EN Common law, and focus on *today*.
Dec 5, 2021 • 5 tweets • 2 min read
Fear monitor, the thread.
1/ Follow this for updates on what you should be afraid, terrified & urgently react to.
2/ Switzerland, the cradle of panicked democracy.
"The panic Omicron sparked was felt in Geneva, where health officials from around the world met this week and decided to start negotiating an agreement to prevent, prepare for and respond to pandemics."
2/ Alexander Hamilton: "On the other hand, it will be equally forgotten that the vigor of government is essential to the security of liberty; that, in the contemplation of a sound and well-informed judgment, their interest can never be separated; "
Mar 31, 2021 • 9 tweets • 3 min read
1/ Why Constantine waited until the end to get baptized?
Baptism was not simply an act to become Christian. According to NT & "The Symbol of Faith" (Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed) baptism's purpose was clearly the remission of sins.
@amnesty chose this background
When Greece-Turkey conflict was in the news, @amnesty took the side of.... Turkey.
People "trapped at Turkish border?!" What does this mean? Residents of Turkey desired to illegally enter Greece. The responsibility, according to Amnesty, belonged to Greece.
Nov 13, 2020 • 9 tweets • 4 min read
Unbelievable & crazy stuff
1) You send vote via mail & they verify the signature! From a database! The most ridiculous verification system conceived? 2) Rejection rate of those mail-in ballots dropped to 0.3%! 2) The signatures NOT reviewed 3) 1 monitor observe 10 tables. WTF?
1) It's *extremely* contagious. I got it from an event I didn't attend, effectively the same day with my relative who attended this event and brought COVID home. In total more than 20 people got positive from this single event.
2) The earliest symptom in my case was an incident of sweating "out of the normal". It reminded me the famous "B symptoms" by activated B-lymphocytes. It was so strange that I immediately suspected COVID and isolated myself almost a week before fever & other symptoms appeared.
Jul 14, 2020 • 15 tweets • 3 min read
Before 14 of July France had...wait for it... constitutional monarchy 🤣 Curious now to read that Constitution ;)
My comment from 2019: When 1 average Complexity Scientist talks about complex political systems, 10 Constitutional Law professors are rolling on the floor laughing.
Basic Review on FR revolution:
1) The objective was NOT to overthrown monarchy but to create UK-style monarchy
2) Constitutional Monarchy was established in 1791 and the King immediately abused his constitutional powers. He vetoed all important parliamentary reforms. Dead-end.
Jun 18, 2020 • 6 tweets • 2 min read
Twitter showed that humanity is abundant with courage. Courage against "all scientists", against Harvard, against WHO, against UN, against the police... against tigers and monsters. Lots of courage.
We're the most brave generation, a society of heroes.
In classics, heroism was when a Jew (like Jesus) criticised the Jews, not the Romans. When an Athenian (like Socrates) criticised Athens, not Sparta.
Cult members may consider themselves heroes against State religion. Going against the cult .... that's another story.