Day 25: In one of the previous tips of #25DaysOfMediaMagic, I mentioned how you can add overlays on top of images and videos.
Today, we'll celebrate #Christmas by applying multiple image transformations and advanced facial attributes detection to images to christmas-ify them!😁
The dynamic image manipulation URL below adds the Santa hat exactly above the auto detected eyes while rotating the hat to perfectly match her face. The hat is dynamically resized and padded in order to fit well as an actual hat
Day 23: I discovered that lots of folks think only developers can use the media tricks I have mentioned since Day 1.
That’s a false narrative.
No, you don’t have to know code, all your team members can manage digital assets via the dashboard/DAM solution #25DaysOfMediaMagic
That's my dashboard. I do a lot of these tricks no-programmatically from the dashboard. The Media Library provides you access to all your digital assets and is the main touchpoint into the @cloudinary DAM solution.
@cloudinary From the Media Library view, you can do the ff:
- Upload new images, videos, audio, or other files
- Create folders or share folders according to your work or teams.
- Select multiple assets to perform bulk operations including delete, add/edit tags, move, download, or review
Day 22: Missed this yesterday, but no fears. We will cover it today and still cover Day 23. #25DaysOfMediaMagic
The year is 2019, and it's the season for Hanukkah. There are photos of dreidels for Hanukkah with a color combination of blue, red and dark green. 😍
I want to change a part of these dreidel colors to something else. I want to theme it with a vibrant @ouredenlife color. How?
Easy stuff. There's a transformation parameter @cloudinary provides that allows you switch certain colors amongst a variety of colors #25DaysOfMediaMagic
@ouredenlife@cloudinary The parameter is `e_replace_color`. I'll recolor our driedels by finding the blue colors (to a tolerance of 80 from the color #2b38aa) and replacing them with parallel shades of green, taking into account shadows, and lighting like so:
Now, you can decide to do an `in-between`. What I mean is that you can tilt the video to whatever angle you want. A positive integer value rotates a video clockwise; a negative integer value, counterclockwise.
1. Upload a video to @cloudinary 2. Set your total duration for the preview video you want to create. 3. Layer on additional copies of the video with the corresponding beginning/end of each clip 4. Set the desired dimensions of the preview video
@cloudinary 5. Remove the audio. Well, that's optional and totally dependent on you!
So, with code, this is how you go about it. Using Node.js as an example:
Breaking it down:
- "MLB2" is the public id of the video
- duration of the clip is set to 12
- specify start offset & end offset
@cloudinary - "x_50" and "y_50" configures the maximum allowed displacement in the horizontal and vertical directions.
- "l_docs:zoom_map" represents the public_id of the image map to use as a displacement template.
With the information provided above, let's look at another example.