1) Advertising: We overestimate our capacity for independent thought.
2) Poker: Life is probabilistic. We can do everything right and still lose.
3) Architecture: We're influenced by our environment, especially when we don’t realize it.
5) Logistics: Most of the economy is invisible to you. The world is way, way bigger than you think.
6) Politics: People's stated preferences can differ widely from their revealed ones.
8) Investing: A small number of events account for the majority of outcomes.
9) Writing: If you read what everybody reads, you'll think what everybody else thinks.
11) Comedy: The deepest truths are hidden behind a veneer of humor.
12) History: The wisdom of civilization is written and forgotten, written and forgotten, written and forgotten.
14) Nutrition: Eliminating junk is the fastest path to self improvement.
15) Restaurants: People over-estimate how much they value good food, and under-estimate how much they value ambiance and aesthetics.
16) Manufacturing: Quality and quantity aren’t always add odds with each other. Sometimes, you can have more of both.
17) Public Speaking: Laughter is the fastest way to create trust and connection.