laurie allee (retired account) Profile picture
Nov 2, 2020 21 tweets 9 min read Read on X
Some ways to survive the next few days without going insane.

A thread.

First, a dawn to sunset HD livestream from one of the most beautiful beaches in the world: Oahu’s North Shore Pipeline Cam via @exploreorg 🙏🏼❤️ 🏝 🏄🏾
What about at night? Let the sounds of happy Kenyan hippos and elephants and monkeys lull you to sleep: African River Wildlife Live Camera (also powered by @exploreorg ) 🦛 🐘 🐒
If those awesome beasts are too distracting, how about some virtual camping? The crickets and owls in this 8 hour video are really great ...check out Relaxing Forest ...
Or, escape the planet altogether and chill out to the view from the NASA Mars Rover during Red Planet Exploration #Mar...
I like to look over at this calm water and listen to the birds...
This nightingale singing in a vibrant green morning forest is also great:.
Or, if you miss working from a table at a busy coffee shop, here’s a great ambient fake out: Coffee Shop Sounds for Study and Concentration
I prefer working to jazz... here’s a great source: WORK & COFFEE: Good Mood Jazz & Mellow Bossa Nova Cafe Music for Work...
Ever just wish you could escape to an alt timeline? This book is for you: The Midnight Library by @matthaig1 is a #mustread (my affiliate link to the book: amzn.to/35RtHLO )
As a hopeless #bookworm, I’m all about #books as coping mechanisms. Check out hundreds of my recommendations: bookswithlaurie.com/?m=1 (click around for all kinds of hidden bookish delights) I #amreading to get through the election.) 📚📚📚❤️❤️❤️
Instead of doomscrolling, check out these apps: @Happify @mindshiftworks
@MyLifeSBT
@calm
And if you have to be on Twitter, look at these folks:
@caenhillcc
@ticiaverveer
@Colossal
@dodo

And sign up to know when @DeepakChopra starts live-streaming meditations. 🙏🏼❤️
I goofed above on how to find MindShift: mindshiftworks.com 🙏🏼
Don’t fall into a benzo addiction with all this anxiety. My go-to natural chill pill is L-Theanine washed down with lemon balm tea (brewed minimum of 6 minutes.) Here’s why the combo works: lifeextension.com/magazine/2007/…
(Talk to your doctor before adding any supplements if you are on medication.)
If yoga or meditation require too much effort, look into Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) for a weird but oddly effective practice to calm yourself. (I know it’s weird. Just try it.)
Another cool, calming thing... a Tibetan Singing Bowl. My husband recently gave me one for our anniversary,and it’s as mysteriously inconsistent as it is beautiful. 🧘🏻‍♀️

Buy one here to arm yourself with zen bliss to face our unpredictable future.

theohmstore.co
I personally suck at meditating, but I do well with mala beads. (Google how to use them if you don’t know.) You can actually use any beads or rosary —before I had a mala strand I used a pearl strand— but if you want the real deal, I love the mala beads at buddhagroove.com
Finally, for nice escape-our-present-day nonviolent binge watches: I love The Last Tycoon on Amazon, The Queen’s Gambit on Netflix, Mr. Selfidge and Victoria on PBS Masterpiece, Home Fires on BBC and the old Bored To Death on HBO. 📺
Stay grounded and take care of yourselves, friends. ❤️🙏🏼💫

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with laurie allee (retired account)

laurie allee (retired account) Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @laurieallee

Sep 6, 2023
Wait...?

"the updated booster is not intended for everyone. It’s for people in high-risk groups – those who are age 75 or older, pregnant or immunocompromised...The general public should not expect to need to receive the latest COVID booster,"
pbs.org/newshour/healt…
H/T @tdarlawlyda for sending this. I can't wrap my head around it. So, no more boosters? Or just no "updated" boosters? And where does Novavax fit into this?

No masks ✅
No mitigations ✅
No tracking ✅
No free tests ✅
No booster?! ✅

But GET THAT FLU SHOT! 🙄

Is this right?
So, I guess folks need to blitz these guys with messages?

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s independent panel of advisors is set to meet on Sept. 12 to provide a recommendation on who will be eligible for the shots."
msn.com/en-us/health/o…
Read 5 tweets
Sep 4, 2023
So the diarrhea plane wasn't actually disinfected, but mopped up and redeployed. A few months ago the bloody plane attendants gave cleanser and paper towels to passengers themselves, then landed and deployed again.

Explain to me why anyone would fly unless absolutely necessary?
For context here is the bloody plane story from a little while back:
cnn.com/travel/airline…
Read 6 tweets
Sep 4, 2023
Not "lockdowns" or vaccine mandates. Instead:

-Masks required in healthcare and transit.
-Ventilation, air purification, FarUVC in public buildings.
-Acknowledgement of
/physician education on post-acute Covid cardiovascular, brain, organ and immune system damage.
-Standard post-acute Covid screening tests to troubleshoot potential damage.
-Surveillance and tracking, not obfuscation and minimizing, by public health.
-Normalization of mask wearing
-Free, easy-to-access testing. Home tests should have number/website to record results.
-Remote work and school options, esp for vulnerable.
-Fast tracking of better vaccines, more tolerable treatments, prophylactic antivirals, Long Covid research.
-Widespread educational campaign similar to Safe Sex or Just Say No messaging that includes more than "handwashing."
Read 5 tweets
Aug 16, 2023
The Covid-aware community has been right all along. About need for concern, about MRNA limitations and "breakthrough" infections (that many of us, myself included, were suspended for tweeting relevant data about in 2021,) about post-acute organ, brain and system damage...
About fallacies of "herd immunity," "kids not transmitting" and "kids not being harmed by" Covid, about fallacy of "immunity debt," about mask science (masks work) and clean air science (ventilation helps,) about SarsCov2 being about MUCH more than acute infection...
About viral persistence (SarsCov2 makes viral reservoirs in the body,) about Paxlovid limitations and resistance. About Covid minimizing coming from a government reluctant to be accountable and business willing to trade American life and long-term health for short term profit...
Read 4 tweets
Aug 2, 2023
Y'all...a friend's son told her his roommate is being turned down for sperm donation. Had Covid in January, had donated several times last year.😳

This is first I've heard about in real world but will link related info below.
Read 9 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(