Andrew Follett Profile picture
Apr 15, 2021 5 tweets 3 min read Read on X
So I recently tried to share a @TimKennedyMMA video ...only to be told "independent" fact checkers found it "partly false" that authoritarian regimes used gun control.

instagram.com/tv/CNdK-V9Fm86/

So I went down a rabbit hole...and TLDR is that fact checking is a total lie.
1/5
"Independent" Politifact claims theres "no direct link" between said regimes and gun control.

Politifact's position is literally "Yes, Tim K's right that this happened, but authoritarian regimes didn't say they murdered people bc they were disarmed so he's wrong."

2/5
That is...extremely stupid.

Something someone could only believe if they were being paid to do it.

Speaking of that, seems like "independent" is owned by the Poynter Institute...so who funds Poynter?

politifact.com/who-pays-for-p…

3/5
So...I went to Poynter's website and...it lists its "Major Funders" as Facebook (which owns Instagram) and Google. And Soros of course.

poynter.org/major-funders/

So Facebook/Instagram's "independent" fact checker is...paid for by Facebook.

4/5
In summary, "independent" fact checkers are Fake News.

They are SO NOT INDEPENDENT that there's literally only one layer of separation...which can be tracked down in about 50 seconds.

Also, Big Tech wants to take our guns.

#2A #FakeNews

5/5

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Andrew Follett

Andrew Follett Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @AndrewCFollett

Dec 18, 2023
This is the most obvious attempt to bait @elonmusk I've seen in a while, but since I'm always here for #OliverDebunked I'll look into it.

As usual, Oliver is almost hilariously dishonest.
First off, I'd just like to say that I've been doing this for...a while...with Oliver.

I started after realizing that whenever Oliver covers a topic I know anything about he's mindbendingly dishonest. Not dumb, lying.
At the 5 min mark in this, Oliver wines that Musk (correctly) said "I've done more for envrio than any single human on early" which Oliver calls "Messianic."

I'd call that...accurate.

And I say that as a person with a track record of Elon skepticism! I was wrong! Image
Read 29 tweets
Apr 1, 2023
The following are true stories:

I was once told by an NSF grant guy that the ENTIRE Western United States from CA Texas should be a "national science park" and people living there relocated to "more ecologically friendly" cities.

He didn't understand my problem with that.
A senior professor (who I know darn well will read this) once blew up at me for questioning the importance of "diversity in geochronology."

I later learned he...the whitest dude in America...was having research funded by a diversity grant by having a poor RA act as a front.
Another senior professor once showed my class pics of fracking site where trees had been cut down 2 ominously predict "u can't think there won't be ecological consequences."

When I, being me, asked him 2 Google "lithium mine" looked like, he panicky responded "that's different."
Read 9 tweets
Mar 19, 2023
This is why calling for GOP protests in major cities is such a dumb move.

Wokes largely OWN those places and will use any excuse to wreck even the most peaceful protest, then tie up our activists in court for years using taxpayer cash.

Is this unfair? YES! But that's reality.
Stop mimicking what you think the left would do.

We're not left and they can do different things...they've spent decades building up protest infrastructure and we haven't. That isn't getting fixed by Tuesday.

Instead of LARPing like ur a leftie, do something more productive.
What every single person reading this CAN do that'd be productive is research and telling others just how awful these left wing DAs are.

Bragg, who is allegedly about to indict Trump, is infamous for making it policy to let lifelong criminals walk.
Read 9 tweets
Jan 25, 2023
I know I'm late to party here...

According to Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade Database, 12.5 million Africans were shipped to New World and 10.7 million survived Middle Passage.

12.5 million minus 10.7 million is...1.8 million....almost 40 times LESS than what this guy claims.
Of the 10.7 million Africans moved during the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade...how many were shipped to North America (which includes Haiti and Jamica)

Only about 388,000.

That’s right: about 1 in 28....or around 3 percent!

slavevoyages.org/voyage/databas…

pbs.org/wnet/african-a…
The inability of CRT advocates to understand numbers...and willingness to flat out LIE about numbers to make them sound bigger and more impressive... is pretty much entirely unique to adherents of Critical Race Theory.
Read 29 tweets
Dec 29, 2022
I see Libs sharing this flat out false "blue states pay for everything" meme a lot.

Libs only repeat this bc they're mathematically illiterate.

California is the poorest state in the Union...worse than Alabama or WV. Its not even close. Big =/= rich

census.gov/content/dam/Ce…
Similarly, the "Blue states pay more taxes" thing is a flat out lie...

In order to even claim its close to true, you have to ACTIVELY EXCLUDE the SALT DEDUCTION! And this is AFTER the cap!

Which you'll note CA gets ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE more benefit from than other states.
Now, since Libs are illiterate re more than math, a SALT deduction is a federal tax subsidy for high-tax states...like CA and MA...allowing them to write off a portion of their state taxes at the cost of federal taxpayers.
Read 5 tweets
Dec 20, 2022
Quake was at the juncture of Cascadia and Juan de Fuca plates...quite frankly we are lucky it was so relatively weak.

Pacific Northwest is a timebomb for a 9.0+ quake (so 2011 Japan level) 37% chance of it in next 50 years

livescience.com/6513-odds-1-3-…
A devastating mega-quake occurs there once every 240 years or so, according to USGS

web.archive.org/web/2016062417…

The last one occurred in 1700...322 years ago. There's records of the associated tsunami HITTING JAPAN.

pubs.usgs.gov/pp/pp1707/pp17…
That VERY LONG recurrence interval may indicate a larger than usual buildup up stress, meaning that the associated quake/tsunami will be even bigger when it inevitably happens.

In some ways, the COMPARATIVELY small quakes like today's are good.
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(