28 April 1945.

#OnThisDay 76 years ago, Fascist Dictator of Italy Benito Mussolini along with his mistress Clara Petacci were lynched by Communist partisans.

The bodies were later hung upside down in a square at Milan. Image
Adolf Hitler was so disturbed at the news of how his friend met his end, made sure he would be spared this indignity after death.

Just 2 days later, Soviet troops had surrounded the Fuhrerbunker in Berlin.

Hitler committed suicide and gave orders for his body to be burnt.
#Mussolini came to power in 1922. Within 6 years, he had turned Italy into a one-party Fascist state.

Mussolini was a bumbling fool with a talent for oratory. But Italy had a slavish media that turned his every failure(Invasion of France and Greece) into a MASTERSTROKE! Image
Media covered Stage managed PR events where Mussolini, called 'Il Duce'(The Leader) interacted with children, engineers and farmers.

Editorji's wrote glowing op-eds after the disastrous campaigns in France and Greece, comparing 'Il Duce' to Emperors of the Roman Empire! ImageImage
In short, between 1922 & 1943, Mussolini was incarnate of GOD himself!

Anyone who disagreed with #IlDuce met an inglorious end in mysterious "encounters".
Giacomo Matteotti, a communist politician and the fiercest critic of Mussolini's Fascist regime, was killed during his morning walk along the River Tiber.

A carpenters file was found driven into his body 2 days later. Image
Opposition politician Carlos Roselli and his brother Elli were murdered in a resort in France where they were living in exile.

The brothers were running a newspaper critical of Mussolini's Fascist Regime and has also setup a partisan front "Justice and Liberty movement". Image
Mussolini's Fascism had many supporters among the Italian immigrant communities in the United States. These immigrant supporters helped to put in place soft American policies towards Fascist Italy initially.

That changed after Germany invaded Poland and Italy joined the Axis!
For 21 years, Mussolini was God of all he surveyed. However everything changed the moment US troops landed in Sicily.

Italians suddenly realised that their 'Il Duce' was not invincible and rose up in revolt.

This revolt ultimately ended with the lynching of Mussolini in Milan!
Hitler. Mussolini. Caucescu. Najibullah.

All Fascist dictators appeared invincible. But once people rose up in revolt, dictator and his regime fell like 9 pins. And all these dictators met their end in the street!

Those who don't learn from history are condemned to repeat it!
Every so often in history, we have had a dictator come along who believed he was God! And slavish media kept repeating that lie along with tales of invincibility nand "No option machaa!"

That Dictator was pulled down by the people and met his end on the street!

#Mussolini ImageImage
Never let anyone tell you 'The Leader' is invincible and there is "No option" but to suffer in silence.

Every dictator who believed he was God has met his end at the hands of the people he subjugated.

Regardless of what the "Editorjis" are telling us, People power always wins!
#TIL - Fascist dictator #Mussolini had a wife he refused to acknowledge in public - Ida Irene Dalser. Even a son - Albino Mussolini!

Ida was placed under surveillance by the police, and paper evidence of their relationship was tracked down and destroyed by government agents. Image
#Mussolini's first wife, who he never acknowledged, was sent into exile to San Clemente near Venice where she died due to "brain hemorrhage"!

Her tragic lifestory was the subject of the movie #Vincere released in 2009. Image
#Mussolini and Ida Dalser's son Albino suffered an even worse fate!

Albino was abducted by government agents and told that his mother was dead.

He was forcibly interned in a mental asylum, where he was murdered with a lethal injection at the age of 26. Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with 𝕂𝕒𝕝𝕖𝕤𝕙𝕚 𝔹𝕦𝕒 📎

𝕂𝕒𝕝𝕖𝕤𝕙𝕚 𝔹𝕦𝕒 📎 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @KaleshiBua

May 7
#breaking Major operation underway in Uttar Pradesh by Amit Shah to boost their falling numbers and cut @myogiadityanath to size.

Very disappointingly, Behen @Mayawati has chosen to play key role in helping the #GujaratMafia.

Thread 🧵 On Operation #ShahSharanamGacchami in UP!
After receiving negative Intel reports, a desperate #AmitShah called @Mayawati at midnight for help in 15 key seats in Uttar Pradesh & Behenji complied!

BSP Candidates in key seats like Jaunpur and Basti were switched at midnight so they would cut SP votes instead of BJP votes.
@Mayawati In Basti, SP has Kurmi candidate while BJP had put up a Brahmin Candidate. BSP originally had given ticket to a Brahmin #DayashankarMishra who would have divided the BJP vote.

@Mayawati changed ticket without explanation suddenly to a Kurmi candidate so as to cut SP votes!
Read 7 tweets
Feb 17
Since leaving India 4 years ago, I have kept other Indian immigrants at arms length.

It is a conscious choice. Upper Caste Indians have changed since the #MadKing came to power. And I have no place in my life for that kind of Toxicity and Hate!

I am finally in a happy place!
Have not attended a single Desi event in 4 years. Have not even ordered from a Desi restaurant!

Upper Caste Indians now have a literal stink of arrogance - that distinct Toxic energy they think is *confidence*!

I prefer to keep a healthy distance from that Thank you! 🙏
Racist Bolo! Kuch bhi bolo! Have been called worse!

I don't do business or pleasure with this lot! Not anymore!

Have even passed on Job offers because the team was 70% Desi!

It is not Racism! It is a conscious choice to keep away from Nazi Shit! I cannot take it!
Read 6 tweets
Oct 2, 2023
Nathya Godse real name was "Ramachandra". His parents had lost 3 boys before their 4th year.

A guruji in Sangamner told his superstitious parents that this was because of a curse on the family and advised them to raise Nathya as a girl.

Nathuram - one who wears a Nose ring
Nathya Godse was thus raised as girl wearing woman's attire till his 7th year.

He continued to display feminine behavior well into adulthood. Like most "confirmed bachelors" with a pathological hatred for women, Godse joined the RSS and edited a Marathi newspaper called Agrani.
As his own brother Gopal and #NarayanApte (sitting to his left in the photo) and would confirm later with obvious disgust, Nathya Godse had a number of relationships with men including Vinyaa Savarkar.

His longest relationship was with a "Holy Man" from Junnar (sitting in rear) Image
Read 5 tweets
May 20, 2023
Sources - Major Revolt brewing in BJP in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and UP!

Yogiji has ordered removal of Modi photographs from all Govt offices. Yogiji jockeying to replace Modi before 2024 polls.

3 way fight erupts in MP. Scindia removes BJP from Social Media Profiles. Image
Sources - @RSSorg has long been seeking to replace the #GujaratMafia. Growing feeling that the open corruption and loot by Gujarat Mafia is tarnishing #HinduRashtra and Sangh's reputation.

Growing feeling within RSS that Yogiji should take over and prepare for 2024 elections.
There is precedence.

#KeshubhaiPatel was elected CM of Gujarat. Modi was RSS pracharak.

Following Adani sponsored revolt where 40+ MLAs were flown to Khajuraho in a #JetAirways plane, Keshubhai was replaced by Modi.

Elections announced, #GujaratRiots happened and....well!
Read 13 tweets
May 19, 2023
Just saw a video of a Kannadiga participant #AjitShetty speaking Malayalam on a dance show.

Instead of appreciating his excellent language skills, the hosts and audience were making fun of his pronounciation!

What myran behavior man!
Last year, I met this Punjabi Sikh guy who had grown up in Dubai and now lived in Canada. He was married to his Malayalee classmate!

He spoke impeccable Malayalam IMO. But my mom was constantly picking out very minor pronunciation mistakes!

COME ONNN!

Why do we do this?
You know, Punjabis don't do this. Atleast my Jatt doesn't! He will keep using that "Madrassan" word but that is just to annoy me!

But they don't really criticize minor imperfections while we are trying to learn their language!

Why can't Malayalees do that?
Read 4 tweets
May 19, 2023
I see some LGBTQIA+ activists in India working on the ground with the community. Most don't have any money for even their day to day expenses.

OTOH, I have seen heads of some LGBTQIA trusts travelling Emirates First class to Dubai 4 times a year!

Who is paying for these trips?
I know a Trans activist who worked in one of these trusts. They looked forward to "Boss" returning from 'phoren'!

Boss would give each staff a "gift"! Some got a Rolex, some got Clothes.

One Dalit activist got a used bottle of water served on @emirates! 🙄

Shabari ke Ber! 😏
One of the 1st openly gay men I met in the 90s was a Professor in Pune University!

4/5 of us ran into him casually in one of the Uni canteens.

Very 1st thing I heard was a Casteist trope! I gave him benefit of doubt then - maybe he was being Sarcastic?

But now? I don't know!
Read 7 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(