Sander Kerstens Profile picture
May 18, 2021 11 tweets 11 min read Read on X
Most of this week I am attending the @gartner Data & Analytics Summit - EMEA (from inside my home office. yay!). I will be sharing my appreciation for some of the speakers/sessions in this 🧵as well as knowledge that I gained and think is worthy of sharing!

#GartnerDA
Morning started off well with a great session by @danielmintz on how to 'Break the adoption barrier'!

Colleagues are so used to have seamless access to data in their personal lives, while accessing data at work is an horrendous struggle. The gap is huge!

#GartnerDA ImageImage
Participated in a Workshop around 'Creating an Effective Data and Analytics Strategy' with @mikerollings.

It contained some useful exercises that I will take with me in the discussions regarding @Vanderlande 's Data-Driven Strategy!

#GartnerDA #DataStrategy ImageImageImage
Next up; Data-Driven Foundations by @Alan_D_Duncan.

'By 2023, #DataLiteracy will become an explicit and necessary driver of business value, demonstrated by its formal inclusion in over 80% of data and analytics strategies and change management programs.'

#GartnerDA ImageImageImage
Wednesday morning;
Guest Keynote by @SafiBahcall on topics covered in his book Loonshoots: Lessons on Life, Leadership, and the Pursuit of Crazy Ideas.
Really enjoyable and it triggered me to add the book to my #goodreads #mustread list!

#GartnerDA Image
The workshop on 'The Foundations of #DataLiteracy and #DataDrivenCulture' by @Alan_D_Duncan was the most practical session so far. Lots off exercises I will reuse internally!

Loved the Icebreaker: Are you data literate?

#GartnerDA ImageImage
Next up; Workshop on 'How to Measure
and Improve Data and Analytics Maturity'. Again a very practical session! So far, I am very pleasantly surprised by how hands-on these sessions have been!

#GartnerDA ImageImage
Thursday morning started off slow, but the Workshop on 'The Art of Articulating and Quantifying the D&A Business Value' by @rsallam was interesting!

Using the attached template, we practiced telling the Business Value Story of our D&A initiatives.

#GartnerDA ImageImage
Participated in a Roundtable on People Change Management with @BIScorecard and @BodnarOvidiu.

Very open discussions with some of the attending peers. Really refreshing!

#GartnerDA Image
Last session of the summit for me is on the use of Sports Analytics to Communicate the Value of Business Analytics by @KurtSchlegel.

Some of the analogies mentioned were spot on and I might start applying this more in my day-2-day ⚽️. ImageImage
Now to get a nice personal #GartnerDA Summit summary, @threadreaderapp please unroll :)

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Sander Kerstens

Sander Kerstens Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @SLKerstens

Dec 18, 2023
Just got back from an amazing time in Japan 🇯🇵. Went there primarily for work, but added quite some holidays to the trip given that it was my first time in the country.

Writing this 🧵to put it all together for myself. Hopefully it inspires, helps or simply entertains others.

Day 1: After landing at Narita, Tokyo, I spent my first afternoon in nerds heaven (Akihabara). I got to buy some nice #MTG cards and Pokémon plushies (for the kids of course). Met early @17Lands dev @maxwindiff for dinner in the evening which was super nice!

Day 2: More Tokyo! Visited Uenopark, Sensō-ji, Skytree (went all the way to the top) and Kokyogaien by bike. Unfortunately the royal palace was sealed off. Really enjoyed the office area around Tokyo station. Reminded me a lot of Canary Wharf.

Read 21 tweets
Nov 9, 2022
#MTGBRO #Limited Archetype Skeleton stream with @TaJoordan, @Sierkovitz and @JasonILTG is a wrap!

Thanks to everyone who joint us and interacted with us in chat!

VOD:
Slides: docs.google.com/presentation/d…

In case 2 hours is to much for you, here is a TL;DR 🧵
Retro Artifacts (RA) are going to be a real piece of the format. A specific RA will show up roughly as many times as a regular card of similar rarity.

Most RA's are better in certain archetypes, but all of them are colorless and can be used by multiple drafters. Image
Artifact removal looks main deckable and we would run more than 1 piece. Disenchant > Shoot Down > Raze to the Ground.

Enchantment based removal will be tricky due to this, but even more with sacrifice being a serious part of the format.

Sweepers are almost non-existent. Image
Read 14 tweets
Feb 17, 2022
🏆🏆🏆I have found my personal lane/plan in #MTGNeon and am having succes thanks to it. Let me elaborate 🧵.

p.s. Note I am mostly playing BO1 at this stage of the format to see what other people play.

#MTG #MTGNEO #Limited @ArenaDraftlists @limiteddecks @fireshoes
Lets start with the logs of these 7-X decks so you get a feel for how I navigate:

BW: 17lands.com/draft/8726379f…

UBw: 17lands.com/draft/64edbe61…

UBr: 17lands.com/draft/5b068ded…
All 3 of these decks are pretty heavy B and this is no coincidence. First reason for this is very well captured in this slide from the Archetype breakdown stream @JasonILTG, @Sierkovitz and I did before the set came out.
Read 11 tweets
Jun 28, 2021
With the release of #MTGAFR nearing, I felt it appropriate to wrap up and look back on what overall was one of my 'better' formats, #MTGSTX BO3 #draft. At the moment of writing this, I am holding the 40th spot on the @17Lands leaderboard with 27🏆 and a 76,2% MWR.

#Limited #MTG
@17Lands I played 63 events. 47 on college with or without a slight splash, 16 in a straight up 3 color wedge and 1 allied color pair. I sadly never got into the patented @samuelhblack 'Dimir-mindset' and am a big proponent of staying on-college due to the presence of gold cards.
As a true @Chord_o_Calls student, I played W based aggro >50% of my drafts. Driven by W having 6 B-level commons that were undervalued throughout the format. Whether I ended up LH or SQ was mostly driven by either R (debate) or B (hunt) commons going late.
Read 6 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(