A WONDERFUL NIKOLA-TESLA RELATED STORY YOU NEVER HEARD 💜⚡️

My favorite professor during my undergraduate studies in Aerospace-Engineering was an extremely old Serbian gentleman who taught us 1st year Physics (Electricity).

He seemed a million years old. From another era.
1/
2/
90% of the students enrolled to another professor - a young hotshot that wrote a textbook on the topic and taught how to pass the exam.

They said the oldtimer "wasted time telling stories".

My friend and I stayed with the old professor exactly for these stories.
3/
Example story:
One day he came to class wearing a sweater - pretty weird during springtime.

He stood with a mischievous smile on his face and told us since topic was static electricity, he came equipped for an experiment

He then rubbed film on his tummy, happy like a child
4/
Another story (next one will be Tesla😋) was that when he was 5yo he had his 1st experiment with electricity:

He stuck a nail into the socket and learned that electricity is dangerous

He also learned something unique to him- why his entire block was in blackout for 3 days😂
5/
He also told us how when he was a student, they collected funds several times, to pass money to their compatriot Nikola Tesla, who was pennyless abroad

He said Tesla's name with awe, used his inventions in several topics we learned, taught us a lot about him and swept us all.
6/
Exam that year was different, and we had to THINK.

But we knew how to tackle the subject, so I scored 100 and so did my friend

Most of our group scored higher than those studying with the hotshot equations guy
7/
Several years later I still visited him whenever work brought me to the U

Mostly we talked engineering and physics. He was older than the moon but as curious as a child
8/
Last time I saw him he told me he doesn't actively teach anymore, "the students say he tells stories instead of teaching"

Tha fools.

I told him "They just want to pass the exam for that semester. You taught us to love science, so we can pass exams all our life"
9/
It was true - he taught us that physics is FUN, and that the key to ace it is to keep curious, to always search for the hows and whys

This had a huge impact on my engineering career ever since
--
A couple of years later he passed away.
I will never forget this wonderful man💜

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Connecting the Dots⚡🚗 to Disruption🌎🚀🔴✨🏄‍♀️🌟

Connecting the Dots⚡🚗 to Disruption🌎🚀🔴✨🏄‍♀️🌟 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @ConnectingODots

Apr 23
TESLA'S PERFECT STORM // ELON'S GAMBIT
Opinion, Not Investment Advice, Let's Discuss

Shortly before Tesla announced that they're bringing Elon's Comp Plan to shareholder's vote, I sent my patrons a video containing predictions

They requested public debate, so here we are
1/🧵Image
Despite widespread belief that tesla was about to appeal, I suggested considering the option of them bringing it to vote (which was later announced) and of the vote failing (explained later in thread)

In this case, I expect Elon to leave, ONLY IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE...
As some of you know (and shown with numerous examples in my Highland video), Elon is a disciple of Henry Ford. This could be important.

In my latest video I told the story of how the court forced Ford to pay shareholders dividends instead of investing in growth. Ford hated that
Read 28 tweets
Jan 5
WELL, THIS AGED WELL...
When Tesla had its 2022 AI Day, a group of robotics experts and nerds mocked Tesla's efforts on a live-thread led by @ctwy

Now that @Tesla_Optimus is about to enter productive work in factories, I thought it's a good time to check how well their expert predictions aged

➡️Here they mocked the presentations "as a grad student/TA doing a class presentation for a bunch of undergrads. Feels very 101."

(Considering the progress we saw, I guess the grad student and undergrads learned pretty fast😎)
1/🧵
@GoingBallistic5 @ICannot_EnoughImage
2/
➡️They mocked Tesla's choosing 5 fingers, when two finger pinchers or vacuum cups (like what her employer @PlusOneRobotics does) are better for warehouse duties

(could be, but let's see them use vacuum cups to operate power tools)Image
3/
They didn't get why Tesla favored a humanoid form, when purpose-built shapes are better

(Yeah, better for one specific task it was purposely designed for)Image
Read 12 tweets
Sep 15, 2023
TESLA GIGACASTING UPPER BODY + DIFFERENT US HL M3?

In this thread I'll explain (w. video) why "Entire underbody in one piece" rumor is wrong, as is "Entire car in one shot"

In fact, I see new rumor as GIGACASTING the UPPER BODY. I also see a possible DIFFERENT US HL M3
1/🧵
2/
Patent is for casting entire car, but is that what Tesla is doing now? I think not!

"Entire underbody" prevents Gen3's parallelization. It is the exact opposite of "let's let robots huddle in parallel around each body section (front, mid, rear), then attach them together"
3/
Video here explains the UPPER BODY.
This was predicted before investors day.
Ignore model name guesses and what will be on Highland and what on Gen 2, I'm still sure I got most of the tech right.
Read 4 tweets
Aug 9, 2023
VIDEO IS LIVE!
HARAKIRI: WHO KILLED THE JAPANESE CAR INDUSTRY? (It starts with a "C")

I thought I knew why Japanese carmakers are all EV laggards on their way to bankrupcy

I thought I knew - but I WAS WRONG , bc what we know is just the tip of the iceberg, and what's… https://t.co/wosf269PzNtwitter.com/i/web/status/1…
2/
Going down this rabbit-hole was like unraveling a detective story, as the deeper I dug, the THICKER the plot became!

Pics show a few of the chapter markers (sans spoilers)

Vid here:
https://t.co/qakM8oyb81

NOTIFICATIONS LIST 👆VID IS LIVE
@HollyCurto64214 @freifallspoiler
@jefffw3001
@Drowkin1
@Shawnelle157
@mrti_rodrigues
@funagenda
@wallach_marc
@DrSKPruschinski
@luckeb
@a_baby_cow
@jace_d
@fortuneitBrent
@LD86004142
@open_red_door
@jchen5588
@AleM_LB
@judgerboy
@FlexibleDemean3
Read 4 tweets
Aug 4, 2023
XUBER - Tesla 's Ride-Hailing Weapon

I got a SNEAK PEEK into TESLA's upcoming RIDE-HAILING APP!

You did too. You're using it right now!

@Uber+@Lyft's main value for @Tesla is millions of users on their app
But click a button here on X for a Robotaxi, and BOOM! Uber's dead!
1/ https://t.co/by6K4cLatt
2/
I always thought @Tesla should buy @Lyft
(NOT @Uber! Why pay full price for the biggest player you're about to disrupt and kill?)

But things changed, bc Tesla now has its own ride-hailing app. Would you rather now exit to order on Uber, or click a button while reading this? Image
3/
@Garyblack00 would rightfully say that Uber's database has ride-hailing users, and many here don't use it

Fine! Just offer @X users one free robotaxi ride in each region you're invading, and you'll have ride-hailing users here as well

Free is easy, as no need to pay a driver
Read 8 tweets
May 28, 2023
ENERGY STORAGE SYSTEMS - ESS
Just watched an interesting interview of @RhoMoIola from @rhomotion by @LithiumIonBull and @RodneyHooper13 on RockStockChannel. Link in last tweet, first main points

1. ESS doubled in 2022 to 75GWh. Expected doubling in 2023 to 140-150GWh
1/🧵 Image
2/
Majority of market is China+US, mostly due to policies.

In US mostly stabilizing grids. In China mostly for adding renewables, province legislations make storage compulsory when adding renewables

In US mostly CA+TX + investment tax credit in IRA giving 30-50% Capex credit
3/
EU slow to move, except UK + Ireland. UK undergoing slow reforms but currently not there yet
Read 13 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(