Michelle Cohen, MD Profile picture
Jul 13, 2021 12 tweets 5 min read Read on X
Dr. Charles Hoffe tells Laura Lynn Tyler Thompson that after vaccination it’s “absolutely inevitable that blood clots will form” and that “spike proteins will predictably cause blood clots… it is guaranteed.”

MISINFO THREAD
Hoffe’s proof? He’s doing D-dimer tests for pts vaccinated in the past 7 days and claims 62% are positive. D-dimer is a test to investigate blood clots.

D-dimer is ALSO a test that will be false positive for roughly ½ of ppl who take it. It’s a notoriously useless test.
Let me be clear: Hoffe's many claims are pseudoscience.

He uses medical terminology and sounds very technical and erudite, but there’s logic missing in much of what he says and it can be hard to pick up on that without - for example - knowing what a D-dimer is.
Hoffe has claimed (along with other MDs) to be undergoing “silencing” or “canceling” to hide the “truth” from the public. He’s contributed to the explosion of misinfo that fuels COVID vaccine hesitancy.
So who is Laura Lynn Tyler Thompson?

Her podcast Laura Lynn & Friends has platformed many a COVID denialist over this past year. She's also prolifically connected on social media - Parler included obvi.

And don’t forget to visit her store and stock up on some merch!
In case you had any doubts about Laura Lynn's politics, her Twitter makes it REAL CLEAR.
Other notable Laura Lynn & Friends guests include Amanda Vollmer, who it seems is STILL calling herself a naturopath despite receiving a cease & desist from the College of Naturopaths of Ontario last year.
You may remember Vollmer from early in the pandemic when she invited people to her store in violation of public health orders because “germs don’t cause disease.”
globalnews.ca/news/6722026/o…
Of course, I didn’t have to scroll far to find a far right politician in the Laura Lynn & Friends catalog.

Here’s Maxime Bernier. And here’s the rest of his “End the Lockdown Caucus” posing for what I can only assume is their debut album cover.
I’ll finish this thread by the tying the ends together.

One of the videos Hoffe and his fellow anti-vax MDs participated in makes false claims such as the classic “masks trap CO2”, but also newer misinfo like “mRNA vaccines are gene therapy.”
factcheck.afp.com/canadian-docto…
Note from the article linked above who two notable amplifiers of this video were.

None other than End the Lockdown Caucus band members and prominent spreaders of COVID misinfo, Randy Hiller and Derek Sloan.
Vaccine hesitancy has a political aspect that we seem to shy away from discussing in Canada.

I see American media starting to reckon with the impact of Fox News and its many imitators on attitudes towards vaccines, and I think we could use a similar analysis here.

FIN

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Michelle Cohen, MD

Michelle Cohen, MD Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @DocMCohen

Nov 26, 2022
A good overview of the new anti-vax documentary and the rise of #DiedSuddenly propaganda by @crackedscience mcgill.ca/oss/article/co…
I did a thread earlier this year on one of the pieces of pseudoscience that prop up #diedsuddenly and similar anti-vax disinfo
More on why certain aspects of this propaganda (ie, that doctors in particular are victims) is compelling to anti-vaxxers
Read 4 tweets
Oct 27, 2022
From the big picture thinkers at CAERS (Canadian VAERS) comes a radical new idea: what if elders dying of COVID is good actually? Nowhere is the contrast between values and science more evidToday, many people have never witnessed the death of an anim
I mean, did we ever stop to *ask* elderly people if they wouldn't mind dying a little bit for the economy?
Read 7 tweets
Oct 17, 2022
UPDATE: the made-up number of Canadian doctors killed by COVID vaccines is now increased to 80.

The new number represents ANY death under age 70 since Dec 2020...out of a total of 92,000 doctors in Canada. 🧐 Vaccine Choice Canada tweet...Screenshot from Bright Ligh...
In a global pandemic that triggered a health care system collapse where doctors and other HCWs were exposed to the virus and struggled with the bomb set off in their workplaces, it's obviously vaccine murder because nothing else could be possible.
Read 5 tweets
Oct 16, 2022
The solution to a wave of respiratory illness isn't making ppl get sick to "boost" their immune systems.

Just like the solution to widespread dysentery wasn't to make ppl drink dirty water as prevention.

We need to clean our indoor air just like we learned to clean our water.
You can only blame lockdowns for respiratory illness for so long. It sounds nonsensical enough in 2022, it will only get more ridiculous as time goes on.

As some point health care needs to decide if it's on the side of sickening ppl or keeping them well.
Idk how you can simultaneously promote the idea that respiratory infections can be serious and ALSO that respiratory infections are necessary to be healthy.

It can't be both things. Yes there are more and less virulent viruses, but we all know even a "mild" virus can be fatal.
Read 5 tweets
Sep 29, 2022
I have never heard of the kind of massive COVID workplace outbreaks that my patients are now telling me about DAILY.

Entire departments struck down. 20+ people affected at a single workplace. This is a new and horrible phase we're in.
No. I've been through >15 cold/flu seasons in health care and I have never heard about workplace outbreaks to this extent and so frequently.
Yeah, they're not wasting their time calling my office if they've got a little case of the sniffles. A lot of suffering happening right now.
Read 6 tweets
Aug 24, 2022
This article gets written roughly once/yr in Canada by my estimation.

It will be posted by ppl who say things like, "only N. Korea has a system like Canada's!"

It's fuel for the empty dichotomy "for" or "against" privatization that takes the health care debate nowhere useful. National Post headline:  Th...
This poll shows that Canadians "should be allow to spend their own money for the health care they want."

Guess what: everyone but the poorest ppl in Canada are ALREADY doing this.

You've probably paid privately for some form of health care in recent yrs (if you can afford to). The right-leaning think tan...
The article itself admits that private health care exists for the wealthy in Canada. But it's tightly controlled. Like all the other countries used as examples of public/private health care in this article.

So the argument is we don't have *enough* boutique care for rich ppl? The Canadian system does al...
Read 6 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(