Joshua Cypess Profile picture
Sep 15, 2021 8 tweets 5 min read Read on X
1/ One more #NFL thing before the Day of Atonement. Last night's #MNF was very satisfying as a #Steelers fan. The ending of the game was nuts and I want to reproduce the nutty live-texts I sent to my sleeping son, not expecting it to become a saga of silliness.
2/ [11:31 PM] 55 yard FG to send it into overtime!

{Little did I know that this would be the least surprising thing of overtime. I should also add that many people expected BAL to go to the Superbowl and the Raiders to get a top 5 pick in the 2022 draft} Screencap from the ESPN app, score 27-27.
3/ [11:40 PM]: RAIDERS WIN
[11:41 PM]: wait hold up
[11:42 PM]: CORRECTION. will be at the half yard-line

{It was so exciting to think LV would get the ball and then just drive down the field and score. Of course, it couldn't be that simple. TD taken back.} ESPN screencap. 7:22 in OT, score still 27-27, LV in red zon
4/ [11:47 PM]: Oh my Lord Carr threw a pick in the End Zone

{Can you imagine this? A TD was taken off the board and three plays later the QB throws an interception in the goal, which gives BAL the ball at the 20 & a FG will win it for them. They have the best kicker on Earth} 3rd and goal on the BAL 5, which means 3 attempts after losi
5/ [11:53 PM]: Holy moley, now a strip sack fumble of Jackson! This game is on drugs

{Jackson is the BAL QB, a former MVP, and BAL has a kicker that is possibly the best in NFL history. And they turn the ball over.} 3rd & 7 on the BAL 33. Carl Nassib strip sack, fumble, recov
6/ [11:55 PM]: After a delay of game a TD by OAK/LA/LV!

{It was more a tennis match than NFL and a big underdog victory after it looked like they were out of FG range. I'm also making fun of the constant Raiders city changes} 2nd down & 14 (after the delay of game) and a stunning TD
7/ I didn't intend to flood my son's phone with all these messages but, were I in his situation, I think I would have enjoyed waking up and following the action and emotion step-by-step.

Hence why I'm sharing with y'all. #HereWeGo

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Joshua Cypess

Joshua Cypess Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @JoshuaCypess

Apr 7
195.01/ Week one-hundred and ninety-five, April 6-12, 2024, thread begins here.

Week 194 below.
195.02/ Happy #Eclipse2024 Day for all who celebrate. Here's an interesting article about the halakhic implications of an eclipse by Rabbi Dov Linzer:
blogs.timesofisrael.com/solar-eclipse-…
195.03/ #Eclipse2024 My extended family went to a place of 100% totality and took this picture a few minutes ago. For me its 90% and can't be photographed (which is one reason I said shehechiyanu). Not paskening for anyone else, but for me this is a religious experience. The total eclipse of April 8, 2024
Read 10 tweets
Apr 2
194.01/ Week one-hundred and ninety-four, March 30-April 5, 2024, thread begins here.

Week 193 below.
194.02/ #ChochmatNashim for #Shemini 5784.
@ChochmatNashim
Downloadable PDF with working links to Divrei Torah by Orthodox women scholars on the parsha and other topics of the week. #Shmini #HaChodesh
drive.google.com/file/d/1bFHTfW…
194.03/ This is, 'how you say?, "awesome sauce"
Read 5 tweets
Mar 24
193.01/ Week one-hundred and ninety-three, March 23-29, 2024, thread begins here.

Week 192 below. #HappyPurim!
193.02/ This is now my preferred pshat
193.03/ #NachasAlert: Final (so far) tally of times my son leyned Megillah seven times; 3 last night, four times today. Including once for a home-bound Shoah survivor. So proud.
Read 9 tweets
Mar 17
192.01/ Week one-hundred and ninety-two, March 16-22, 2024, thread begins here.

Week 191 below.
192.02/ So today is #ZayinAdar and Saint Patrick's Day during Ramadan. What could go wrong?
192.03/ There's a resonance in having a fast that commemorates a community sacrifice for soldiers fighting a defensive war against raging antisemites. #TaanitEsther

And, hey, it's working already!
"IDF says 650 terror operatives captured at Shifa..."
timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry…
Read 14 tweets
Mar 10
191.01/ Week one-hundred and ninety-one, March 9-15, 2024, thread begins here.

Week 190 below.
191.02/ Last #MotzeiShabbatMovieNight of the season. How to top last week, and with a movie my youngest hasn't seen yet? "Fletch (1985)" en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fletch_(f…
191.03/ I agree with Prof. Simkovich, re: the Oscar guy.

Also, I see people wrestling to make sense of his convoluted phrasing, but I'm not inclined to give the benefit of the doubt to a declaration that inherently refuses to give others the same benefit.
Read 6 tweets
Mar 3
190.01/ Week one-hundred and ninety, March 2-8, 2024, thread begins here.

Week 189 below.
190.02/ #MotzeiShabbatMovieNight continues, 2 weeks left before we change the clocks so climbing to the finale. It's "Raising Arizona (1987)" night! I don't need to explain how great it is, right?
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raising_A…
190.03/ #ChochmatNashim for #Vayakhel #Pekudei 5783 (last year; this year it's Vayakhel-Shekalim)
@ChochmatNashim

Downloadable PDF with working links to Divrei Torah by Orthodox women on the parsha and other weekly Torah.
drive.google.com/file/d/1FLeFk2…
Read 8 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(