Semrush Profile picture
Dec 9, 2021 11 tweets 8 min read Read on X
Hi! I’m Martha, the CEO and co-founder of Schema App. We do structured data 365 days a year and have seen some amazing results with structured data. I want to share some of those AHA’s with you, so you can stand out in search and measure the ROI! @marthavanberkel #SEOthread
Do you ever wish you could wave your magic wand and transform how your brand stands out in search? You can! When SEOs and content marketers work together, they can achieve rich results with Structured Data. @marthavanberkel #SEOthread
There are 32 different ways to take control of your brand with rich results (FAQ, HowTo, Videos, Rating). ID which ones you want and all you’ve got to do is have the right content and schema markup and BAM! #SEOthread @marthavanberkel
Results! In addition to getting your brand more visibility in the search result, you can measure clicks that come directly from your decorated results.
@marthavanberkel #SEOthread
So how do you get started? First you need to choose what rich results you want to achieve for your different types on your site. Look at Google’s Search Gallery (bit.ly/3ot2Pec) to get inspired. @marthavanberkel #SEOthread
SEOs + content teams need to work together to add/evolve content to meet the requirements to get these results. This is when the magic happens!
Here’s an example of how the Sharp Healthcare team worked collaborating to capture more real estate for their physicians, by having a Rating and FAQ content to answer future patients’ questions, directly in the SERP! @marthavanberkel #SEOthread
Another example would be SAP, who wanted to stand out for early awareness questions like “What is ERP”, and build FAQs into their content to support their structured data.
How do you know it’s working? Check out your markup report in #Semrush or watch for SERP features in the keyword magic tool. Here is where you find coverage today and opportunities to get more rich results! @marthavanberkel #SEOthread
It’s easy to show the ROI of your structured data efforts. Google Search Console has a Search Results by Search Appearance report for rich results which shows you exactly how many clicks you’ve achieved from this new fancy rich result!
Structured data is a journey with measurable results. At @schemaapptool, we see the best results when content teams and SEOs work together to iterate on content together towards a shared goal: brand visibility and clicks.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Semrush

Semrush Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @semrush

Jul 3
Okay so you might know the most basic information about your audience, but do you know how they really feel and act online?
Let’s show you how to uncover psychographics and demographics with the Audience Intelligence app 👀
Just enter the handle of an X account that has a relevant follower base. (For example, your own handle or the handle of a popular influencer in your niche.)
Once the report loads you can dive into the audience’s characteristics with the tabs at the top. For example, the Demographics tab will give you high-level info like gender, age, and location.

But we want to dive deeper.Image
• Go to Interest Categories to see what their top interests are.
• Go to the “Personality” tab to see details about their personality, needs, and values.
• The Buying Mindset tab will show you what influences their purchasing decisions the most.
• Online habits will show you how & where they spend their time onlineImage
Read 4 tweets
Nov 17, 2022
Hey 👋

I’m Erica, the Head of Content at @getgrizzle, a content marketing agency.

I'm taking over SEMrush's account to talk quality content.

-Why it matters in SEO strategies
-How to scale it

Learn how to make your content rank & convert:

@ericasmyname #SEOThread
Quality content builds trust, traffic, & conversions.

⚡️It's:

-Intent-driven
-Authoritative
-Empowering
-Educational
-Memorable
-Interesting
-Engaging
-Targeted
-Detailed
-Helpful
-Unique

🛑 It's NOT:

-Regurgitated, fluffy, lazy, boring, & unhelpful.

@ericasmyname #SEOThread
Relevant content is more likely to resonate with your audience.

This leads to more:

-Clicks
-Engagement
-Backlinks

Which positively impacts rankings, authority, awareness, & revenue.

Low-quality content might rank but won't convert as successfully.

@ericasmyname #SEOThread
Read 10 tweets
Nov 17, 2022
Did you miss our Twitter Space yesterday with @crestodina and @HennekeD?👀

No worries, listen to it here🎙️twitter.com/i/spaces/1BdGY…
Our guest expert @crestodina had some great takeaways about what to do when you're out of content ideas👀

#SemrushOpenSpaces
What posts are performing the best? Here are some key takeaways from @HennekeD 👇

#SemrushOpenSpaces
Read 4 tweets
Nov 8, 2022
Have you read blogs titled ‘12 best footer examples’ to find one brilliant example and one that’s blah?

When I wrote for @klaviyo, I had to sort through 300 emails to find the perfect 15.

I was pulling my hair out finding ones highlighting Klaviyo AND the article’s intent. Image
🔥 So I developed a matrix for scoring quality examples👇

(My actual Matrix for Klaviyo in the last tweet!)
👉1. How recent is the example? (Importance 5/5)

The world–especially the digital one–changed completely post-covid. Any examples from before 2020 should be analyzed heavily for relevance today.
Read 12 tweets
Nov 7, 2022
A seemingly simple question, but we want to know…what does lead gen mean to you? bit.ly/3yxu5ht.

A1: Taking on any new project that pays the bills
A2: It depends…
A3: Pursuing & vetting businesses to partner with
A4: Other (comment below)
Because of lead generation’s complexity, we wanted to share a couple of ways to unleash your lead gen powers⚡️

Industry research⭐️
Discover who in your industry could benefit from your team’s talents by searching sites like the BBB, local Chamber of Commerce or Market Explorer.
Niche conferences⭐️
Speaking at conferences related to your target audience presents you as a thought leader & exposes you to a large, relevant audience.
Read 4 tweets
Nov 3, 2022
SEO’s make recommendations 100% of the time. But according to a recent Ttwitter poll, they only get implemented around 30-40% of the time. 😱So what gives? Why is implementation such a blocker 🛑 and how can you overcome it?

#SEOthread @JohnMorabitoSEO
Let’s start with the top reasons your recommendations sit in a dev queue.

✅Lack of understanding of the why and how
✅Lack of senior-level buy-in
✅Not tied to OKRs or KPIs
✅Not properly prioritized
✅Simply not possible

Each can be overcome.
#seothread @JohnMorabitoSEO
Lack of understanding of the why and how behind an SEO recommendation is a sure fire way to not get anything done. 😕 Make sure the team you are asking for help understands exactly what they need to do, and WHY you are asking them to do it. 💬

#seothread @JohnMorabitoSEO
Read 10 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(