CryptoCondom Profile picture
May 20, 2022 12 tweets 10 min read Read on X
On #Ethereum, @CurveFinance acts as a DeFi lynchpin w/20+ protocols that are built ontop of or around $CRV.
On #Arbitrum, I see @GMX_IO as an evolving defi primitive that will act as a base layer as well. 10+ protocols are building ontop of it w/more every day. 👀
👇🧵
IMO, we're going to s👀n start seeing a @cosmos -like effect begin to develop on the #ETH L2s: Modularity at its finest.
Microcosms of dApp communities will evolve on specific rollups: #Arbitrium for DeFi, @polygonhermeztr for GameFi, @starkware for centralized services, etc
👇
Among the present rollups, #Arbitrum is uniquely positioned to take avg of alt L1 volume moving back to the safety of #Ethereum.
Degens who have gotten used to cheap fees & fast txns will benefit greatly from @OffchainLabs's Nitro w/fees now $0.25-$0.50...ideal for DeFI
👇
Perhaps the great feature of #Arbitrum's DeFi ecosystem is its composability.
Protocols like $UMAMI, $DPX, $JONES, $TCR are all working synergistically to create new defi primitives built upon @GMX_IO w/yield earned in native $ETH rather than a 💩coin.
👇
A native token for #Arbitrum is likely to incentivize TVL to the rollup via both airdrop hunters & yield farmers alike.
@DefiLlama demos TVL to be $1.7B. At first glance, this is not impressive. However, bc of the recent 🐻market, TVL is N🚫T useful to measure adoption.
👇
Using @nansen_ai, we can monitor #Arbitrum adoption in the 🐻 market by looking at the # of unique addresses holding $WETH (L) & $USDC (R) as well as the # of txns on #Arbitrum vs #Ethereum. All 3 metrics support evidence of rapidly growing adoption even during recent 📉.
👇
As MORE users migrate from L1 to L2 #Arbitrum, the interest in for ⬆️ yield & delta neutral strategies will exponentially grow.
IMO, the success of $GMX can partly be attributed to moving away from yield based, native token inflation to yield based on ACTUAL income.
👇
The growth & revenue of $GMX is undeniable. Even in a 🐻 market, more unique users are interacting w/the platform even if they are placing smaller perp bets.
Degens will degen & composability w/@dopex_io Atlantics & $UMAMI's ERC4626 vaults will likely ⬆️⬆️ TVL on $GMX & $GLP.
👇
Greater TVL in the @GMX_IO index will transiently result in yield dilution for $GLP holders. HOWEVER, the rise of $DPX Atlantics will permit insurance for perps that is ALSO likely to increase $GMX trading fees.
A larger $GLP index fund means:
⬆️ leverage = ⬆️ perp bets =💰💰
👇
@GMX is not as lg as @dYdX & they do not offer as many trading pairs or as much leverage...but only bc they lack collateralization at this early stage of the platform.
Tokenomics are 🔥, UI is clean & composability w/other ecosystem partners is 🔑 to eating $DYDX's lunch.
👇
TLDR: As growing #Arbitrum TVL + token brings new degen DeFI users, expect $GMX to become increasingly important for yield farming, perp trades, 0 slippage swaps, MEV revenue & the creation of new/evolving DeFi primitives. 🍌
Full Disclosure:
I hold the Arbitrum ecosystem tokens $GMX, $UMAMI.
I have never been & never will be, compensated for my tweets; opinions are my own. This 🧵 is meant to be educational. As always, DYOR to be safe. NFA.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with CryptoCondom

CryptoCondom Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @crypto_condom

Jun 21, 2023
RIP Other-Guys DN Vaults 2022-2023
Delta neutral is HARD. I mean fucking HARD.

Frens, Enemies & Onlookers:
Let us take a walk down memory lane & visit why @umamidao is still alive & kicking
🧵👇
1. @rage_trade Made the decision to shut down their under-performing GLP vaults to "focus" on their perps product.
2. @Dsquared2 Presently shut down due to a team vs investor disagreement

Read 7 tweets
May 14, 2023
Someone asked me today what I look for in a 🌱seed project & how much is too little/too much to invest...it made me realize there just isnt enough info out there for the avg degen to consider if you want to angel/seed invest.
My take might not be popular: but its honest 🤷‍♀️
🧵👇 Image
Rule #1: Try NOT do seeds/angel investments.
Why? Well, the honest trust is that $ETH will likely 3-5x ROI in the next 2yr by simply hodling
OR, u can give 💰 to a start-up that wont show ROI for >2 years + risks exploits, irrelevance, forking/copy-cats & lack of a value moat.
👇
@tbr90 touched on this back in Jan when he noted it is often better to be the 2nd 🐭.
I have used the metaphor of the 2nd mouse in relation to seed investments several times since. The ref relates to a clip in Catch me if You Can w/Christopher Walken:
👇 Image
Read 10 tweets
Apr 19, 2023
On request from @ani578 & @VirtualCD_CTEn,
here are some indicators I've documented w/@irncrypt to monitor for oversold vs overbought conditions.
As always, this is NFA, all indicators should be considered in context of broader macro/market conditions.
🧵👇 Image
1) @GCRClassic was the first big CT account to note : Volume traded > market cap is suggestive of a potential top as this is often indicative of high turn over in the circulating supply.
@Asymmetry_Fi also had a good commentary on this recently as well and is worth a follow.
👇 Image
2) Clean wallet funding is bullish for whatever token they're buying in context of fund accumulation vs P&D buying. I monitor for clean wallet accumulation from @ElBarto_Crypto amazing free dash, Block 119, block119.io/dashboard
👇
Read 12 tweets
Apr 3, 2023
Is @Ninjascalp's Binance Cartel real?
TLDR: YES
Let's take a look.
🧵👇
I used @DeBankDeFi Time Machine to look at the @binance hot wallet, 0x28c6c06298d514db089934071355e5743bf21d60 on 3/12/23...the day before @cz_binance announced his $1b liquidity purchase.
On this day, the hot wallet held $157m $BUSD.
👇
On 3/13/23, @cz_binance announced a plan to swap the Binance Recovery Foundation wallet funds into crypto.
👇
Read 8 tweets
Apr 2, 2023
Everyone is talking about Mt Gox & Shanghai...but no one is talking about one of the OTHER biggest stories of April 2023: @amazon's NFT marketplace GALLERY
Let's dive in bc it's something worth watching 👀
🧵👇
Reported 1st by @michael_bodley, @amazon will be launching a NFT marketplace on/around April 24th.
The (nft) GALLERY reportedly will:
✅Feature famous web3 nfts
✅Permit sale/resale of NFT gift cards + subscriptions
✅Host minted content tied to real world tokenized assets
👇
So which NFT collections have partnered with @amazon ? Apparently a bunch but most are bound by NDAs. The ones leaked so far include:
🐧 @pudgypenguins
🧮 @ArtifactLabs_
🧾 @ProofCollective
🎨 @beeple
👇
Read 11 tweets
Apr 1, 2023
Wen researching tokens & fee revenue, you REALLY need to pay attention to sources.
Just bc someone claims to have data supporting their conclusions...trust but verify.
🧵👇
The most easily accessible source of fee revenue is @tokenterminal. This is unfortunate because they tend to have institutional subscriptions & funds+researchers who ACTUALLY believe their data wo questioning it. 🎗️Remember: easy != accurate
👇
Case in point: there has recently been a CT discussion regarding @QuickswapDEX vs @traderjoe_xyz revenues.
Both are gud projects from @0xPolygon & @avalancheavax respectively. However, TT does NOT represent a comparison of their fee revenue accurately.
👇
Read 8 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(