Jonathan Choe Profile picture
Dec 9, 2022 12 tweets 9 min read Read on X
#BREAKING: More details! Court documents show 2 suspects were arrested today in EAGR/EAGER tagging case and now facing FELONY level malicious mischief charges. @SeattlePD arrested them at 1208 Pine St in #Seattle, allegedly caught them in act. Big win for @MayorofSeattle.🧵👇🏽 Image
SUSPECT #1: Police say 36 year old Casey Cain admitted to tagging the wall of building today with “EAGER.” Report shows he also has a tattoo on him that says “EAGER.” Arrested for felony malicious mischief. Judge set $10K bail. #Seattle ImageImage
SUSPECT #2: Police say 37 year old Jose G. Betancourth was arrested at scene and facing felony malicious mischief charge. Judge set bail at $10k. He also has a $750k felony arrest warrant for another incident. He claims to be a mural painter. #Seattle ImageImage
STATEMENT FROM KING COUNTY PROSECUTING ATTORNEY’S OFFICE: They asked for $200K bail for both men. But judge reduced to $10K. Remain behind bars for now. Expected to be back in court Dec. 12. #Seattle ImageImage
PROLIFIC TAGGER: As I left court today, I passed through Jackson St. in #Seattle's Chinatown-ID. EAGR/EAGER's handiwork is everywhere.

SO BRAZEN: Authorities say EAGR/EAGER was caught in act. This notorious vandal is part of 3A/BTM crew. MASSIVE win for @MayorofSeattle's WAR AGAINST GRAFFITI.
Earlier this summer, look what happened to
@SeattlePD mobile precinct in downtown #Seattle.
EAGR/EAGER LOVES CID: This tagger hit up Chinatown-ID/Little Saigon on the regular. Nearby Central District as well. #Seattle
@MayorofSeattle

This was back in May when I saw this. 👇🏽
CONSTANTLY CLEANING: @MayorofSeattle and city teams have been consistently going out and painting over tags. But keeping up with these prolific vandals remains a challenge. #Seattle
DECLARING WAR ON GRAFFITI: In October, @MayorofSeattle doubled down on WAR ON GRAFFITI. Then a massive mural along I-5 on @wsdot property went up mocking the Mayor. Unclear who's behind it. But recently, others tagged over it.#Seattle
KEEPING HIS WORD: Back in April, @MayorofSeattle held a press conference, asking for state help as well and vowing to make a difference. EAGR/EAGER'S arrest TODAY is huge first step and sends message GRAFFITI vandalism will no longer be tolerated. #Seattle
REMEMBER THIS? I confronted these graffiti vandals back in April at Cal Anderson Park. Then one of them came after me. #Seattle
DISRESPECTING OTHER ARTISTS: Last month, volunteers were trying to help rejuvenate parts of Chinatown-ID, by repainting old columns under highway. Then the EAGR/EAGER tags showed up. #Seattle

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Jonathan Choe

Jonathan Choe Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @choeshow

May 6
Monday afternoon, University of Washington School of Public Health Prof. Amy Hagopian(@amyhagopian) was tabling in the Hamas encampment. She was answering questions about the Israel-Hamas war. We know what side she is on. But when one student decided to record her sitting down in this public space, she immediately became defensive and accused him of being hostile. Bizarre reaction to basic filming.
Hagopian is a self proclaimed social justice warrior. She has no problem sharing her hot takes. She calls Israel a "terrorist state."

She also shares plenty of opinions without context.

Read 6 tweets
May 6
BREAKING: Sunday evening, University of Washington Hamas encampment organizers say someone tried to poison them and are now calling it "attempted murder." A few details were posted on social media, but I also corroborated this story with others on the ground. At least three people got sick after eating cookies allegedly laced with bleach but they managed to recover.
Another camper reportedly said his hot chocolate tasted like chlorine.
As a precaution, volunteers are now taking photos of people's ID's if they are dropping off food or drinks.
I reached out to school leaders for comment but so far no response. This is just the latest troubling incident at this rapidly growing encampment in the UW Quad.Image
Late Saturday, witnesses say a man wielding a blade ran through the Quad and cut up some tents. . Anti-Israel and anarchist graffiti is showing up on campus buildings. And with food and trash building up, there are reports of rat sightings.
We've also had numerous reports of Jewish students and supporters being prevented from entering the "Liberated Zone" in the Quad.
Read 7 tweets
May 5
UPDATE: It's Day 7 at the University of Washington's(@UW) Hamas encampment in Seattle. This situation is spiraling out of control. Late Saturday evening, witnesses say a man wielding a blade ran through the Quad and cut up some tents. He's still on the run.

School leaders have no plan to sweep. Cops patrol the outskirts of the camp but there is ZERO police presence nearby. Anti-Israel and anarchist graffiti is showing up on campus buildings. Organizers told the crowd if counter-protesters do show up and violence ensues, school administrators plan to call in Seattle PD and shut it all down. So they are desperately trying to keep the peace and hunker down until all their demands are met. Activists still want UW to divest from Israel and cut ties with Boeing.

Otherwise, the vast majority of these people are not students. The professional far-left activists and Antifa goons have set up a security perimeter and are preventing Jewish students from entering.
They are also pressuring UW to cancel the Turning Point USA(@TPUSA,@FrontlinesTPUSA) event on May 7 featuring Charlie Kirk(@charliekirk11).

Here are some other developments:

-Organizers proposed a mandatory mask mandate for people staying at the camp. FYI, the Quad is located outdoors.
-There are nearby porta potties, but the students want 24/7 access to the school buildings. Good luck with that.
-With food and trash building up, rat sightings were inevitable since this is now a glorified homeless encampment.
I think it's time for another follow up with UW's media team. Most of us in local Seattle media have been getting the same canned response.
Tons of antisemitic and cop hating graffiti all over the UW campus buildings and property.

Read 4 tweets
May 2
After carefully reviewing @thehoffather's video, dude with the Green Day hoody blocking the Jewish student at the University of Washington is none other than Gabriel Jones, a notorious far-left activist who assaulted me at a protest last year in Seattle. But when I defended myself, Jones claimed to be the victim and filed a Protection Order against me. Of course I won in that case and Jones has stayed away from me ever since.
Anyway, he is not a @UW student, but a loser outside agitator and Seattle Public Schools(@SeaPubSchools) worker.
According to his Linkedin page, this antisemite is a Special Education worker at Chief Selth International High. Can't believe SPS still employs this FAR-LEFT activist with violent tendencies. Image
Jones harassing journalist @KatieDaviscourt last year as well.
Read 6 tweets
Apr 30
ABSOLUTE MADNESS: Monday evening, more than a hundred migrants invaded Seattle's Central District and took over Powell Barnett Park, a popular play area for kids and dogs. There are now more than 30 tents set up on a grassy area and wooden pallets are scattered everywhere.
Group leaders say they won't leave until more money is provided for better living conditions. Sure sounds like extortion.
The usual far-left activists were there to help orchestrate this massive move. Old friend Rosario Lopez Hernandez spotted me right away and chased me out of the encampment with a cardboard box. She's facing charges for disrupting a Seattle council meeting in February.
Councilmember Joy Hollingsworth and Mayor Bruce Harrell say there are no more city resources and state funds won't be available for a few more months.
So now what? I'm staying on top of this with @FrontlinesTPUSA.
They are asking the public to donate resources so they can illegally stay in a city park. They don’t even allow the homeless
to do this anymore. Image
Earlier this month, this same group of migrants ran out of cash and got kicked out of a Kent motel. So they took over Garfield tennis courts to demand more loot. A donor helped them stay in the motel for a few more weeks, but that money has also run out.
Read 5 tweets
Apr 29
The latest group latching on to the pro-Hamas movement, “Fatties for Palestine.” The content is mesmerizing.
This Instagram page sells t-shirts for the cause. Image
Would you buy a t-shirt from these people? 😬

Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(