Rishi Sunak Profile picture
Apr 14, 2023 5 tweets 3 min read Read on X
At home and abroad, our focus is on building a better future.

This week ⬇️ 1/5 Prime Minister Rishi Sunak ...
On Wednesday @POTUS and I reflected on the huge progress made in the 25 years since the Belfast (Good Friday) Agreement.

In that time Northern Ireland has become a thriving and dynamic part of the UK, and I know has an even brighter future ahead.

2/5 Prime Minister Rishi Sunak ...
We also launched the #UKIreland2028 Euro bid ⚽️

I’ll never forget the summer of ‘96 and how it brought people together. Hosting Euro 2028 won’t just draw spectators – it will get the next generation lacing up their boots to get out and play 👇 3/5
I spoke to @ZelenskyyUa this morning, discussing accelerating military support to 🇺🇦

We continue to work with our allies to bolster the Ukrainian position.

🇳🇱 are a key partner. I thanked @MinPres for Dutch efforts, including pursuing justice for alleged war crimes. 4/5 Prime Minister Rishi Sunak ...
And it was also good to speak to Prime Minister @narendramodi, discussing progress towards a Free Trade Agreement and the close cultural ties our nations share 🇬🇧🤝🇮🇳

Happy #Vaisakhi to everyone celebrating both here in the UK and in India today!

5/5 Prime Minister Rishi Sunak ...

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Rishi Sunak

Rishi Sunak Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @RishiSunak

May 29
I want every young person to get the opportunities they need to thrive.

That's why we're taking bold action to deliver 100,000 more apprenticeships a year.

🧵Here's how we'll do this 👇

1/6
Since 2010, we have revolutionised our apprenticeship system, delivering over 5.8 million starts, now with nearly 70% of occupations covered by apprenticeships.

But we want to go further to ensure the next generation have the security of a high-quality career.

2/6
That's why we have a clear plan to deliver 100,000 more apprenticeships a year by the end of the next Parliament.

We will pay for this by cracking down on rip-off degrees that make students poorer, saving £910 million by 2029-30.

3/6
Read 6 tweets
May 26
Introducing National Service. Wondering how it will improve your or your child’s future?

Here are the five things you need to know 👇

🧵  1/6
Every 18-year-old will get the choice of how they do their National Service.

Deciding to either serve their country in the Armed Forces or serve their community by volunteering.

2/6
This bold new model will open up a world of opportunity.

It will make sure young people in the UK get the same chance in life as their peers in allies like Sweden, Norway, Denmark and France - which have all recently introduced or announced new forms of national service.

3/6
Read 6 tweets
May 25
We all know that Labour doesn’t have a plan.

But what does that actually mean if they got into power? (1/6) 🧵
Uncertainty.

Who knows what they would do in government?

They won't tell us how they would fund any of their policies.

They refused to meet our defence spending pledge.

But what is the cost of this uncertainty?

(2/6)
An uncertain future has consequences.

Our enemies notice.

The world becomes more dangerous as they take advantage of our weakness.

This leads to higher prices of food and fuel, as well as a greater risk of attacks against our nation.

(3/6)
Read 6 tweets
Apr 19
We’ve seen a worrying trend in our welfare system.

More and more people are being written off work unnecessarily, and spending is growing at an unsustainable rate.

So we’re doing something about it🧵 Graphic with the text: Our plan for the welfare system.
We now spend £69 billion on benefits for people of working age with a disability or health condition.

That's not right. It's not sustainable.

Today is not about making our safety net less generous. It's about eligibility and who should be entitled to support. Graphic with the text: Spending on benefits for people of working age with a disability or health condition is going up.
We are changing how the system works.

That includes targeting support to the most vulnerable, and matching the help we give them to their individual needs.

But that’s not all. Graphic with the text: We're ending the one-size fits all approach to welfare.
Read 7 tweets
Nov 15, 2023
Following today’s ruling, I’m taking the extraordinary step of introducing emergency legislation to confirm Rwanda is safe.

I will not allow a foreign court, like the European Court of Human Rights, to block these flights.

Here’s the plan in full ⬇️
1/5 Prime Minister Rishi Sunak: "When I said I would stop the boats. I meant it."
We need to end the merry-go-round.

We’ve been working on a new international treaty with Rwanda and we will ratify it without delay.

We’ll provide a guarantee in law that those who are relocated from the UK to Rwanda will be protected against removal from Rwanda.

2/5
I will not take the easy way out.

I am prepared to change our laws and revisit those international relationships to remove the obstacles in our way.

If the ECHR chooses to intervene against Parliament, I am prepared to do whatever is necessary to get flights off.

3/5
Read 5 tweets
Oct 25, 2023
Anti-social behaviour is more than just a nuisance - it ruins communities.

In March we launched an Action Plan to stamp it out, making our streets safer and building a better future for our children and grandchildren – and it’s working.

Action taken so far 👇🧵 Prime Minister Rishi Sunak visits Kilburn Police Station where he met with Metropolitan Police Commissioner Mark Rowley and other serving officers.
❌ From 8 November nitrous oxide, also called laughing gas, will be illegal.

We won't tolerate intimidation on our streets, or children’s play areas being littered with empty nitrous oxide canisters.
✅ We’ve provided over 30,000 hours of extra uniformed police patrols in ‘hotspot’ areas.

That’s on top of delivering our 2019 commitment to recruit 20,000 more police officers across England and Wales. Delivered over 30,000 hours of extra uniformed police patrols.
Read 5 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(