Fidelis To Justice Profile picture
May 27, 2023 5 tweets 3 min read Read on X
1/ One catalyst to misogynistic toxic masculinity is men feeling left behind or alone. That's not an excuse for oppressing and abusing women. Not at all. Rather, we need to overcome the false MAGA narrative that progress for me and mine has to be (Cont)
#ResistanceUnited
#ONEV1 Image
2/ a zero-sum game that requires revenge and retribution to win. The MAGA way is a recipe for calamity and catastrophe for all. Democrats are enacting policies to benefit all. Indeed, men without a college education are the primary beneficiaries of Joe Biden's (Cont) ImageImage
3/ infrastructure and clean energy policies. Dignity of work and self-worth is a vital component to masculinity. GOP wants us men to feel left behind, victimized, and alienated as if only others who are angry accept us. Let us acknowledge that being a man poses (Cont) Image
4/ unique challenges. And when young men in particular feel alone and encircled, they're vulnerable to rabble rousers that validate their insecurities. Thankfully, Democrats have an inclusive narrative supported by the facts that compassion, tolerance, and inclusiveness (Cont) Image
5/ are both easier and better for all. But we need to get busy in telling it and not just whine that the media is unfair or the Democrats message is unfair. WE THE PEOPLE need to be the messengers. Friend to friend. Family relative to relative. Neighbor to neighbor. Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Fidelis To Justice

Fidelis To Justice Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @FidelisToJusti1

Jun 29
🧵*Content of below thread is my opinion.

1/ All national elections are about choosing which gang is in charge of the levers of public institutional power. Character of the titular leader defines that gang's ethos.
#ProudBlueEditorials
#ResistanceUnited
#ONEV1
#VetsResist Image
2/ All elections in 2024 America are national. Republican Party has made even elections to local school boards a violent life and death struggle over what history children read, whether they should be vaccinated and what kid is allowed to use which bathroom.
3/ Although a gang's titular leader defines the ethos, it's We the People that validate, approve or reject them with our votes, activism or apathy. We the People define our civic character by deciding which political gang of faceless careerists and power brokers get their way.
Read 23 tweets
Jun 23

1/ In 1964, Associate SCOTUS Justice Potter Stewart when asked to describe his test for obscenity famously responded, "I know it when I see it."
#ProudBlueEditorials
#ResistanceRoots
#ONEV1
#VetsResist
history.wustl.edu/i-know-it-when…
2/ Beyond the debate of what is artistic or obscene expression, this quote reveals just how much impact flawed subjective human bias, prejudice and motivation of one Justice can have.

Indeed, a SCOTUS majority can exploit a case to categorize whatever it dislikes as offensive.
3/ What's ironic about this SCOTUS authority is much of it stems from "Judicial Review" and this power was never explicitly stated in the Constitution.

uscourts.gov/about-federal-…
Read 26 tweets
Jun 8

1/ Decades of activist experience has convinced me only by branding Democrats as the freedom party can we move our center of political gravity toward an inclusive populism.
#ProudBlueEditorials
#ResistanceUnited
#ONEV1
#VetsResist Image
2/ It is the singular message to engage and persuade small town rural America, independent conservative leaning voters, our core urban/suburban metro base and disillusioned progressives. Other strategies and messaging, well intentioned as they may be, is ineffectual noise.
3/ Hence, as my followers know, my messaging touchstone stems from FDR's "Four Freedoms Speech" to congress on 1/6/41 when democracy was on the brink:

➡️Freedom of Speech
➡️Freedom of Worship (or not to worship)
➡️Freedom from Want
➡️Freedom from Fear

I repeat it incessantly.
Read 27 tweets
Jun 7

1/ If I had a child who's recovery from drug addiction was jeopardized by sanctimonious sadistic political adversaries, there is no way could I summon any grace.
#ProudBlueEditorials
#ResistanceUnited
#ONEV1
#VetsResist
2/ We all know if Hunter's last name were "Smith" there would be no trials regarding his gun purchase or for tax offenses that had already been remediated via payment over $1 million of a tax liability that no longer needed to be collected.
3/ When deciding whether to move forward with criminal trials, prosecutors and judges are supposed to weigh the spirit of the law and if justice itself is being served. Hence, the end result for non-violent crimes is often plea agreements if defendants are already making amends.
Read 25 tweets
Jun 2
🧵Thread below is in the voice of Star Trek DS9 character, Garak to make a broader point.

Dearest Humans,

1/ I know a thing or two about lying. As a legendary operative for Cardassia's Obsidian Order, lying was my trade.
#ProudBlueEditorials
#ResistanceUnited
#ONEV1
#VetsResist
2/ My father, Enabran Tain was the head of the Obsidian Order. All I ever wanted was his approval and acceptance. So I told lies that toppled planetary governments opposed to Cardassia's empire and preserve our orderly state.

Lying you see becomes a kind of drug after awhile.
3/ In Cardassia, more lies we Obsidian Order agents told, the more we needed to say to justify our authoritarian state. In Cardassia, checks and balances meant competition between my former intelligence agency & the military led by aspiring tyrants such as my old enemy Gul Dukat.
Read 25 tweets
Jun 1

1/ This thread represents observations, challenges encountered and lessons learned from my recent engagement with an independent right leaning voter after Trump's conviction.
#ProudBlueEditorials
#ResistanceUnited
#ONEV1
#VetsResist
2/ This voter resides in a NY district that put control of the House in GOP hands in 2022. As a Blue State activist, one way I try to be a strategic Democracy Multiplier is to engage my network of friends, family & acquaintances in such districts that are fickle yet persuadable. Image
3/ I post such threads periodically of successes, failures and lessons learned to hopefully inspire as well help empower others in our resistance community to engage and persuade. My interpretation of these encounters are of course subjective.
Read 27 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(