Emma 💛💙🇩🇰🇬🇧🇪🇺 Profile picture
May 30, 2023 17 tweets 7 min read Read on X
So, the latest #AntiVax bandwagon is that “no *healthy* young people died of covid in Israel”

As ever, given we know many under 50s died from Covid in the rest of the world, does this seem likely?

What do you think?!🙄

Let’s have a look at what’s going on….

🧵1/ ImageImage
I went to the link on @stkirsch’s tweet first (I always feel a bit yucky clicking on those, but I braved it!💪🏼)

And, as is often the case, this claim has come from a Freedom of Information request. This is a classic technique, to get an answer you can misconstrue.

2/
Here is a Google Translate of the FOI that was sent to the Israeli Ministry of Health.

The first three questions were about the average age of covid deaths in the vaxxed vs the unvaxxed.

The unvaxxed died younger - but unsurprisingly the AVers ignored that bit!🙄

3/ Image
It was the 4th Q that they’ve jumped on:

Basically it’s the classic “how many people under 50 died of Covid without underlying health conditions.

4/ Image
The answer was:
Of the patients that the MOH had details of an epidemiological investigation on, whose parents has CHOSEN to share underlying conditions, all the covid deaths happened in patients with an underlying condition
They state they don’t have access to medical records
5/
So these were clearly only a subset of the deaths in under 50s AND only a subset of THOSE where parents had given details of whether they had other health issues.

But of course, the AVers jumped on that and claimed “no healthy under 50s died”

6/
Let’s not even go down the road of what “healthy” and “underlying conditions” means.

A 20 year old with Asthma who dies from catching covid is a very REAL covid death and should NEVER be dismissed.

7/ https://t.co/rqFLXSqI3U
And it got worse….

The Israeli MOH got wind of this misinformation thanks to Elon Musk retweeting it (because, of course he did 🙄).

So they issued an explanation.

But was that sufficient to put the falsehood to bed?

8/ Image
Nope, of course not!

@DrEliDavid decided to screenshot their response, deliberately cutting it in half to remove all the context🤦‍♀️

At this point there can be no doubt that he knows he’s spreading lies.

But he knows his followers believe every word.

9/ ImageImage
So @IsraelMOH have had to issue a full explanation, all because some AV grifters, who get a kick out of lying to their followers, felt the need to twist an FOI (as I said, that’s a really common trick).

10/ Image
11/ Image
12/ Image
13/ Image
14/ Image
So to clarify:

356 people under 50 have died from Covid in Israel so far.

Of those, the MOH itself only had records on 184 of them.

Of those, only 27 had the question on underlying conditions answered by relatives.

Presumably those without, didn’t answer the question?

15/
The MOH has no access to medical records.

So asking THEM for the info was, I’m guessing, a deliberate attempt to get a twisted answer.

Just another day, and another AV lie.

It’s exhausting and frustrating- to see their followers never once questioning anything🤷‍♀️

16/
So please call out this stuff when you see it

These grifters are pivoting strongly towards trying to stop all vaccinations, despite childhood vaccine programmes the world over saving millions of lives, especially in the developing world

#VaccinesWork
#VaccinesSaveLives

17/17 Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Emma 💛💙🇩🇰🇬🇧🇪🇺

Emma 💛💙🇩🇰🇬🇧🇪🇺 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @MonkEmma

May 27
I see lots of Right wingers are using places like Denmark as a shining beacon of why National service is great.

It’s funny, cos they don’t ever seem to champion all the OTHER aspects of life for young Danes.

Little 🧵

1/12 Image
Free education.

Thats free education to whatever level you chose to go to, in whatever area you want to study

For as many years as you want to study

And not just free education - you get paid a grant to cover your living expenses, while you study.

2/12
Heavily subsidized child care

Generous parental leave and child benefits

Generous sick pay, disability pay and unemployment cover

Just a decent safety net available for all so you know that if the shit hits the fan in your life, you’ll be OK.

3/12 Image
Read 17 tweets
May 26
Congratulations to the Telegraph for managing to find a private school that’s closing and attempting to to pin it on Labour🙄

But is it true that it’s closing under a Tory government because of a Labour policy that hasn’t happened yet?

Here’s a little 🧵

You decide!

1/11 Image
Firstly, my heart goes out to the pupils, teachers and parents of Alton School. It must be awful to be part of a school that has to close down - particularly those sitting exams next year. 💔

2/11 Image
However, the idea they’re closing because of future Labour policies doesn’t really stack up.

They’ve been struggling for years. Expenses greater than income, and dwindling numbers for 5 years.

3/11 …of-charities.charitycommission.gov.uk/-/charity-deta…
Read 13 tweets
May 1
Imagine being the Prime Minister of a country and celebrating the decline of what can be considered one of Britain’s greatest exports - Education. 🙄

Sunak posting one of his stupid tweets has made me cross, so here comes quick(ish) thread! 🧵

1/16 Image
UK Universities have attracted the world’s elite for decades, if not centuries!

The UK is the second most popular destination for international students after the USA.

Despite comprising only 0.84% of the worlds population, we have 4 of the top universities in the World

2/16
International students bring in around £20 BILLION a year into our economy through:

Tuition fees
All their living and spending costs
Families visiting and spending money

In fact they and their visitors support over 940,000 jobs in the UK

3/16
Read 16 tweets
Apr 19
This is the message everyone should be taking home from today’s despicable announcement.

The number of people of working age with a health condition or a disability is going up.

And not because they’ve all suddenly become work-shy scroungers🙄

Long (sorry!) 🧵

1/25 Image
Shall we take a look at THAT rather than pretend the problem is that too many “undeserving” people are claiming long term sick benefits?

Maybe if those issues started to be addressed, some of these people could actually get better and get back to work🤷‍♀️

2/25
10.6 million working age people in Britain have a long term health condition (up from 8.5 million in 2016)

The majority are in work

2.8 million, however, are not (up from 2 million in 2019)

3/25
Read 30 tweets
Apr 5
The more I see this, the worse it becomes!

First the tweet itself - I addressed that last night 👇🏼

1/8
🧵

Next the claim: 2nd most powerful country?!

I’ve found 2 world rankings for power:

We rank 5th in both

1st US
2nd China
3rd Russia
4th Germany or India depending on the study
5th UK

2/8
The most comprehensive poll has us ranking 9th overall, down from 8th 2 years ago.

They rank us:

4th for entrepreneurship
5th for power
6th for cultural influence

And then pretty mediocre for everything else (45th in ‘open for business’😬)

3/8
Read 8 tweets
Apr 4
Talking down our country you say?

Let’s take a look at the people who’ve actually been talking down our country and our great British institutions….

🧵

1/9 Image
How did Cleverly describe Stockton, again?

Oh yes - a sh*t hole.

Nice 🙄

2/9 Image
Gullis - 15p Lee (I love that description!!) - describes his own constituents as savages, scrotes and scumbags 🤷‍♀️

3/9 Image
Read 11 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(