Dr Murphy WeightLoss Profile picture
Jun 5, 2023 13 tweets 11 min read Read on X
Hey @propublica here’s a story about a company named $CI using #AI DENIAL BOTS TO DENY COVID 19 TESTS. Mind you FFCRA & CARES ACT mandated covid test payments. I won’t review the law here but suffice it to say @Cigna has violated federal law here. Patients have sued $CI and we… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
But here is where the plot gets interesting @Cigna uses medical management decision to deny a federally mandated and @US_FDA APPROVED COVID-19 test called @BioFireDX using Medical Coverage Policy 0530. Yes, Yes insurer violating Federal law while @USDOL or @HHSGov doesn’t hold… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… ImageImage
PXDX remember this? propublica.org/article/cigna-… ImageImage
propublica.org/article/cigna-… HOLEEEE SHEEEEEETTTT!!! $CI USING AI TO VIOLATE FEDERAL COVERAGE MANDATES. @EdGainesIII can you imagine????
@michaelcburgess I’m missing you tomorrow due to Illness but you must discuss this. propublica.org/article/cigna-… $CI @Cigna using AI to violate a law YOU HELPED ENACT! They are thumbing their nose at you and Congress. No on @HHSGov nor @USDOL is enforcing the laws. What are you going… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Remember this? CONGRESS WANTED COVID TESTING AND ASSOCIATED SERVICES COVERED.
You didn’t expect Dave Cordani to use AI TO AUTODENY COVID TESTING CLAIMS @FrankPallone @michaelcburgess @mass_marion what is going on here?
$CI @Cigna is bold enough to put it on their letters. Covid testing denied using medical management AND ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE. Despicable. ImageImageImage
Oh and I totally forgot $DIS @Disney IS ALSO CULPABLE $CI doing this on behalf of @Disney #Disney100 #Disney @propublica how can you not see this story for what it is! INSANE. Image
How are they buying back shares? Oh, premiums dedicated for health care providers. ImageImageImageImage
@propublica @DutchRojas $CI with the “these are not the droids you are looking for” twitter.com/i/web/status/1… Image
As a reference, $CI $UNH $ELV $CVS denying the medical care provided at the testing AND the #COVID19 testing.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Dr Murphy WeightLoss

Dr Murphy WeightLoss Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @TakeWeightOffMD

May 17
#polybio #longcovid take aways so far? It appears academia is catching up to the theories that doctors like myself are already treating for. This is good.
#longcovid is anyone live tweeting this? Image
Altered germinal center responses vs Convalescent. Small numbers of individuals it appears which limits discovery.
Read 7 tweets
Nov 7, 2023
I used #ChatGPT4 to appeal #Medicare claims to a judge. Here’s how a 🧵
Step one ask “As you are knowledgeable in medical billing, with your expert opinion give me the step by step process to appeal a Medicare claim at all levels”
This will produce a list for each step. Most people don’t know, there are 5 levels of hell (appeal) for a denied Medicare claim. Who denies these? Well, NOT MEDICARE. They outsource it to low level business people AKA MEDICARE ADMINISTRATIVE CONTRACTORS (MACs)incentivized to deny claims. In this case @NGSMedicare You can find your MAC by looking on this website
Read 11 tweets
Oct 30, 2023
A story about @Optum owned by $UNH @UHC Image
So a patient received a lab order, without the doctor being involved in the order. Tech Bros at work.
The patient clearly is distressed. This is what happens when insurance companies “play doctor”
Read 13 tweets
Aug 9, 2023
A lovely little $CI @Cigna thread. Just when you think they can’t get more mafia. Read this little gem. At appeal is a COVID-19 test #COVID19 was mandated to be covered during the pandemic by Congress. Watch @michaelcburgess and @FrankPallone clarify this. @FrankPallone confirms
NO COST FOR COVID TEST AND SERVICE TO THE PATIENT. So, why charge the patient when the law says no cost? Well apparently, if a patient can receive services at NO COST, CIGNA won’t pay. Despite the law mandating coverage for COVID-19 tests during the pandemic. Read closely Image
There is no coverage for charges that would not have been billed if the person had no insurance and/or Image
Read 9 tweets
Jul 8, 2023
Oh @ConnectiCare Why are you breaking the law? Again and Again. In this case you literally denied due to timely filing. I talked about this since I discovered it in May. So @USDOL are you ever going to enforce these? They literally responded today on the… https://t.co/obVO4gEdAs https://t.co/nZdl19Od9a
twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
It’s not only them $UNH getting in on the game. Responding July 8th but dating it July 10th. We see your games. Does @USDOL @UHC ? @DGlaucomflecken ? Either I travelled to the future or you dated this 7/10/23 to try and game the rules.
@USDOL @UHC @DGlaucomflecken No I am not traveling back to the future 🏎️ $UNH DATED THIS JULY 11th 2023. @USDOL are you paying attention to these games? Today is July 8th. Can you believe this @EdGainesIII ? What about you @mass_marion ?
Read 7 tweets
May 21, 2023
Given the huge amount of traction this post gave. I want to dive into what it means for you, as a patient who may have gotten their medical claim denied by insurance. You can read the thread.
But TLDR; if your medical care claim was denied due to timely filing it was a violation of federal law and YOU HAVE LIMITED TIME AND MUST DO THIS NOW. What’s this?
You must appeal your claim in writing with tracking to the insurance in the back of your card BEFORE JULY 10th 2023!
Read 5 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(