David Gibson Profile picture
Oct 4, 2017 7 tweets 1 min read Read on X
I've been conducting a lot of interviews lately and want to share some feedback/advice for anyone going into an interview soon. #gamedev
1. Check your ego at the door. Its better to be humble & introspective about your past work than to flaunt what things you've accomplished.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with David Gibson

David Gibson Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @PoodleTime

Apr 2, 2019
This is a great article highlighting a lot of what goes on in AAA games. I have so many thoughts about it, but need to think a bit more before I say anything. You should read it whether you're in the game industry or thinking about getting in....

kotaku.com/how-biowares-a…
...I keep thinking about the "stress casualties." I've been there. In an unhealthy work environment where I can't possibly work harder or be better. I'm not happy, fulfilled, & I lose motivation. For a good chunk of my career I thought it was me. I thought I was the problem. 1/7
I put the stress on myself, to fix myself & sort out what was wrong with me. With more time & experience I've come to realize that its almost always: poor leadership & management isn't communicating properly. But the people in the trenches still carry all that stress. 2/7
Read 8 tweets
Aug 15, 2018
Hi Everyone, meet Bruffles. He's the first NPC character being developed for @linethegame. How did we arrive at this design & how will we get him in-game? Well, gather 'round & watch this thread as I detail the whole process. (Bruffles concept by the amazing @FromHappyRock)
For development, Bruffles is being used as a target for look development & animation/character exploration. At his core he teaches the player how to hill-slide, since that's his favorite way of moving through the world. He also allows us to explore how diverse our designs can be.
The design for what would eventually become Bruffles started with a sketch(attached) from my good friend Scott Flanders: artstation.com/scottflanders. He was helping out by doing lots of character lineup exploration for Line over a year ago.
Read 25 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(