Senior NFL reporter for Yahoo. Always outnumbered. Email me at: WindyCityScribe@yahoo.com.
Oct 18, 2022 • 9 tweets • 4 min read
A quick thread on the Christian McCaffrey trade market for the #Panthers…
1. A handful of teams are interested but not pushing hard (yet) to deal for McCaffrey. The interest has been more of a “checking in” with Carolina after the initial #Bills report to see if he’s actually being shopped. At the moment the #Panthers are in a listening mode with CMC.
A #Browns thread on the Andrew Berry hiring...
1. From what I understand, the #Browns offered the GM position to Berry late last week and the two sides went to work on the contract. The 5-year deal dialing in the same length as HC Kevin Stefanski was of chief importance to Cleveland - making sure the two were tied together.
Jan 6, 2020 • 7 tweets • 2 min read
Quick thread on the Wade Phillips departure with the #Rams...
1. Wade suspected the writing was on the wall when the team parted company with DL coach (and Phillips confidant) Bill Johnson last offseason. There were some indications the defensive staff was going to get younger and more scheme-driven under McVay moving forward.
Jan 6, 2020 • 10 tweets • 3 min read
A brief #Cowboys coaching search thread...
1. The coaching search interviews are 100-percent Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones driven. This process won't be broad "group think" by any means and it's ultimately going to come down to how candidates have fared answering questions for Jerry and Stephen.
Nov 16, 2019 • 4 tweets • 2 min read
A few things triggered the move of the Kaepernick workout:
1.) There was a significant problem with the type of waiver #NFL requested. Kaepernick agreed to sign a normal Pro Day injury waiver. NFL asked for a more complex waiver with clauses about non-guarantees of employment.
2.) Kaepernick’s camp requested to tape the workout alongside the #NFL’s crew. They didn’t trust the NFL being the only ones with the tape. Kaepernick wanted it taped and released in its entirety to teams and the public after the workout. The NFL refused to allow them to tape it.
Aug 7, 2019 • 10 tweets • 4 min read
A thread on my too short training camp visit with the New York #Jets ...
1. Ryan Kalil addition is big. He could have gone elsewhere. Others would have jumped at him. That Kalil chose #Jets speaks to the new management making strides with their pitch. Part of anchoring this regime will be a culture sell and Kalil is a culture/program guy. He’s a win.
This will be the 2019 #NFLCombine measurements thread. (The league records prospect information in 8ths of an inch and does not reduce the fractions...if you don't like it, tweet management.)
#NFLCombine key measurements thread…
1. #Utah K Matt Gay
Arm: 30 4/8
Wingspan: 73 4/8
Jul 12, 2018 • 7 tweets • 1 min read
Multiple new items in LeSean McCoy story:
1. Police visited residence multiple times. July 2017, McCoy told police Delicia Cordon had items he borrowed from a jeweler. McCoy wanted them, but was concerned she’d “make false accusations about him” of a domestic violence nature.
2. Police responded to the residence in April and June of 2018, both times regarding McCoy trying to take furniture from the home. Both times it was resolved peacefully.