Trinitian and Royalist, Politician, Minister of Power and Energy, Member of Parliament for the Matara District, SLPP
Jul 25, 2022 • 7 tweets • 2 min read
National Fuel Pass Update (1-7)
1) National Fuel Pass will be implemented islandwide from Tuesday 26th July in Multiple locations at CEYPETCO & LIOC. The system will be in place with the Last Digit of Number Plate until the 1st of August.
2) Stations not equipped or having technical difficulties will follow the last digit & fuel quota allocation until the technical issues are rectified. 60% of the locations has already been equipped & tested and will be given a priority in fuel distribution.
May 27, 2022 • 5 tweets • 1 min read
1) A rapid renewable energy generation plan will be in effect from 1st of June. The Fuel bill for power generation has exceeded USD $100 million per month. Average cost per unit generation has increased to Rs 48.
2 quick solutions 👇🏾
2) a) Convert Industries, Govt, Hospitals, Hotels and other roof space available for roof top solar. With tariff rates Changes proposed the current Electricity bill will triple in most of the above Sectors.
Jun 19, 2021 • 4 tweets • 5 min read
(1) The 4th stage of the Program by the Min of #Fisheries to build #ArtificialReefs and #FishSpawning habitats with old busses and concrete structures is been successfully conducted in the seas off the #Jaffna peninsula. Earlier stages were conducted in Trinco, Galle and Matara. (2) The protest by the #TamilNadu#Fishermen against the program stating it as an irresponsible move has been rejected by the #GOSL and will be continued. Similar programs are conducted globally, it has been recommended by the #MarineResearch Institute in SL, #NARA as well.