Listening to Pride and Predujice for the first time and Mrs Bennet was JUST about to describe the lace on one of Mr Bingley's sister's dresses and Mr Bennet cut her off!!!! GODDAMN IT I WANNA HEAR ABOUT THE LACE!!!! WHAT LACE WAS IT!!!
Also don't spoil me for this book lol
Honestly never read the classics and haven't seen any of the films but I do now know this is the Mr Darcy one and I cannot remember which sister he ends up with but i think this one is seen as A Great Love Story and I'm eager to see if it is or if it's just cis nonsense tbh
If you have strong feelings about this book put them in a lil notepad and let me know when I'm done with it 😂
ALREETY MY PALS! It's time for #YubiViews and Die Hard!
Here's what I know about Die Hard:
1) It has the bald car man in it. 2) It's apparently a christmas movie (??) 3) There's death and / or hardness (???) 4) I think this is the movie where there's lots of driving and-
explosions??? I think? 4) I think bald car man is Jason Statham (who's name is not said stat-ham, which i know bcs my dad lost his shit when i said 'look that's jason stat-ham' when he was on a bus, except it wasn't it was another bald man and it's not stat-ham)
Now some of ye may know that I actually lived in Japan for a while and hold 2 whole degrees in Japanese language, a bachelors and a masters! I've seen a lot of Ghibli movie, but never this one.
I don't really have a good reason why? But I've been since told it's also a book??? No idea what happens in it. I guess there's a guy called Howl (excellent name). I guess his castle moved. Did he move with his castle? Are we castle hunting? Is this all -
Now as i thought Indy/Mummy (terrible ship most likely but we'll see) was the same film I'm guessing this is a rag-tag Man and also A Lady in Another Country, Plundering Graves and Fucking Shit Up for Patriotism and Money. I guess there's also going to be a Mummy.
Tonight on #YubiViews we tackle Jurassic Park. It's old. It's a classic. It's gonna be goddamn terrifying. What do I know abt Jurassic Park? Well:
1) Dinosaurs. I fuckin HATE dinosaurs. I'm terrified of them. 2) A park. Parks are fine. Unless they're filled with dinosaurs.
3) I'm gonna out on a limb here and say People Realise A Park Full Of Dinosaurs Is A Bad Idea. A dino probably eats someone. Whoever the kind of edgy sad man with a badboy style is will be the one who dies. Probably by dino. Rip in pieces in advance.
OKAY. First Indiana Jones movie. Learned while making the poll it's called Raiders Of The Lost Ark. It has Harrison Ford in it. He's also Han Solo. I can name no other thing he's in (don't tweet me things he's in). I'm hoping he's Indiana Jones but who knows.
1) I guess there's gonna be raiders. 2) I know of precisely one (1) ark, and it's Noah's Ark. So I guess we're gonna raid Noah's Ark. 3) Probably gonna be a whole lot of fucked up old animals or something. Also maybe religion? Maybe we find Noah?
OKAY. The Princess Bride. Super well known and beloved film, and I have absolutely no idea what it's about. Now I did initially think it was the one (also not seen) where the lady comes down on a meteor or something but apparently not so, and I think I also got it-
mixed up with Zorro? Idk i've not seen that one either. So my best guess is 1) there's a princess and 2) she's a bride. Now this seems, to me, pretty standard so idk why this movie is so beloved. Maybe the princess HAS a bride, now that would be neat!
If you enjoyed my Avatar Thread / #YubiViews / Anything else I do and u wanna support me, here's a small thread of how you can! You are never obliged to do so, and I am exceedingly grateful for all and any support in all its forms!
Let's go! 1/7
1) The simplest way? Retweet stuff. It helps so much! I do a lot of stuff in the #DnD and #TTRPG circles, so it's great when people see my stuff!
2) I have a Ko-Fi: ko-fi.com/itsyubi Slinging me a coffee means so much to me and I am so grateful for each one!
3) I have a podcast! It's a #ttrpg#podcast DM'd by me, a pan, #nonbinary human, with a main campaign in #DnD5e and loads of other systems! We're full of #LGBTQ rep in cast and story, we've got goofs, plot, giveaways, and spook galore! @TheMortalPath for eps!
fuck it I'm gonna do the thing people have been telling me to do for years. I'm gonna watch Avatar: The Last Airbender. But first, this is a thread of what I think this show is about, who's who, and what happens... 1/-
First: Aang. I know this name. This is one of the 4 names I know. I think this is the main guy. I think he's bald. At some point he gets an arrow on his head? I think he kicks and fights people. I think he's maybe the main guy. Going out on a limb, probs the last airbender. 2/-
2: Toph. She's blind. She's very cool. People forget she's blind a lot, I think. Def saw a gif of her being sassy about someone showing her a bit of paper? No idea what she does, but I guess she also fights? Don't actually know what the last airbender does, so... 3/-