2. Track demographic information to ensure equitable resource allocation.
3. Hire contact tracers from minority communities. (2/7)
5. Suspend immigration enforcement for those seeking medical assistance for covid-19. Congress should prohibit ICE from accessing records of those seeking care for covid-19. (3/7)
7. Prepare for surges. Congress must urge the Trump administration to have a national strategy and activate the Defense Production Act to ensure #PPE, ventilators & other critical supplies are produced in sufficient quantity. (4/7)
9. Increase health insurance coverage. Congress should also press for national policies around evidence-based public health practices that reduce infection risk, including universal mask-wearing. (5/7)
There must be attention to longer-term issues like housing instability, income inequality & structural racism that are inextricably linked to health disparities (6/7)