1) Those wanting instant justice for many of these coupsters need to understand that despite what we "want," this is and always has been a two-part process:
*political 2) I think we have satisfied the question of whether Sessions is "on the job" & who has begun proceedings
3) We know, for example, he has a prosecutor (Huber) a grand jury in the DC area, four separate investigations into Cankles and likely a second grand jury in Little Rock to go with prosecutor Cody Hiland.
4) But I don't think the political aspect has sufficiently been addressed.
5) Weird as it may sound, since we know that these investigations have been on-going for as long as a year, how has this political angle been set up?
6) The answer is that Sessions/Horowitz have been selectively providing Congress with requested docs while cleverly holding out.
1) LATEST VOTER REGISTRATION CHANGES FOR BATTLEGROUND STATES
*Note: voter #s rise/fall monthly: in most cases both parties fall prior to the "hot" election time. These #s are NET gains or losses. I cannot track voter registrations in states that do not register by party
1/17 Breaking: A former member of Trump’s voter fraud commission, J. Christian Adams, is being sued for defamation and voter intimidation. His organization, the Public Interest Legal Foundation (PILF), is also named. Filing, from @scsj: documentcloud.org/documents/4436…
2/ In ‘16 and ‘17 PILF released reports called Alien Invasion I & II that claimed that 5,500 non-citizens had attempted to illegally register to vote in VA. They included the registration forms of 100s of people w names, phone #s, addresses, who they said fell into this group.
3/ The 4 individual plaintiffs in the new suit are all legal citizens who were eligible to vote. PILF posted their names & contact info in what PILF called “pages of real evidence” of voter fraud. PILF later removed 2 of them, blaming the state of VA for the error, but 2 remain.
Jordan Peterson’s functionalist account of hierarchy is so risible that not only do anthros & socs not believe it, but economists, political scientists & evolutionary biologists consider it basically conclusively disproved.
Let’s look at the evolutionary evidence first. Hierarchy depends at least minimally on a social structure, so only social animals can display it. But how common is it among animals? It varies but it’s less common than is normally realized.
First, hierarchies rarely develop where there is:
a. an abundance of resources—among hierarchies that do exist, conflict occurs rarely under abundance or
b. free movement—absent some sort of enclosure, animals just leave hierarchies. This is incredibly common.
1) There have been some crazy theories going around so let's look at what is actual law.
2) Congress has a two-step program for spending money. Technically, the President doesn't spend anything.
3) First, there is the "Authorization" process. The House, then the Senate . . .
3) contd: . . . AUTHORIZE every department and agency to spend up to a certain amount of money. Think of this as giving your kid permission to spend the money in his piggy bank.
4) The APPROPRIATIONS process then actually allocates how much of that authorized $ can be spent.
5) So, you "authorize" your kid to spend $10 . . . but there is nothing in the piggy bank to spend. Then you put in $5 that you have "appropriated." He still can only spend $5, because that's all that has been appropriated.
1/3 I looked into several tweeters that mimicked info, same ID embedded in page name, basically worshiped one guy, and are somewhat organized & always including same specific #s & @s. Objective: Repetition, codes, same ID in name fir member ID, one of them running for Congress.
2/3 Obj Cont: convince Dems of demise, Mueller recalled back Marine duty-exonerate DT, group taking over.
3/3 Most will have part of #s embedded in twitter name & listed in description (obvious). Too many mbrs to list. Be cautious. I believe potentially dangerous. Reported “bomb in NY water” threat from Info they posted.
As promised, I've compiled SS of accts from some of my most recent followers that illustrate things to look for when you vet new follows. It'll help you spot bots, trolls, and pornaccounts. I've gotten lots of questions about this privately so hopefully it helps clear things up.
Look at # of Followers and whether there has been any tweets. Most of these accounts will send you DMs to try to find a date or are bots. This one has 0 tweets and 59 followers. They love hopping on Fbrparties for new targets.
Also the 8 digits in an @ is a good indicator of bots. Although, there are legit accounts with the 8 digits and I'll show you an example next.
This account does have a few tweets, but they are all trending #s. These accounts are automated & set to tweet at specific times.
1) This is how I COULD see CA illegal crap playing out.
2) Oakland mayor or another goofball tips off illegals about ICE raid. Things go bad. Some ICE guys are killed.
3) Arrest warrant for Oakland mayor on about 200 charges.
4) Feds come in for arrest, are resisted by SOME local cops why sympathize.
5) Serious battle breaks out.
6) If they don't win that time, feds return with serious #s & firepower & CA douchenozzles get their asses kicked.
7) Sessions et al. truly drop the hammer. I mean, across the board. We're talking CDC moving into homeless camps shutting them down; funds being sequestered; US troops/bases being moved whenever prudent to nearby red states depriving CA of mass income;
A couple of quick #mtgfinance takes on #mtgm25. 1) JTMS & Chalice will enjoy strong rebounds past peak supply. Nothing holding them back & facing strong demand.
2) Despite an odd mix of cards at mythic, there is good value in the rares, with 16 rares $10+, 10 rares $20+, but just 4 rares $30+. In MM17, the #s were 13 @ $10+, 8 @ $20+, and 8 at $30+, so less high end, & a slightly better low end. Also, still a few to go there.
3) The problem longer term is that this set is packed with cards whose values were high because of low supply, not high demand, so many of the money slots are going to depreciate hard and recover slowly: filter lands, asuza, port, obliterator, etc.
Lost in the turn of #ParklandShooting into a gun control issue is how it was ALSO yet another mass killing by a young man exhibiting far-right hate online.
Since 2014, 50 Americans have been killed and 82 injured by such shooters.
Need to view via lens of national security...
#CommonSenseGunLaws are important.
Support for mental health issues is important.
But we also need to recognize another cancer has been empowered in recent years, that should be viewed thru lens of extremism/terrorism.
Yet, our political system/media is in active denial of it.
The inclination political leaders to be partisan and those in media "even-handed" is clouding this dangerous issue. Notice how even to talk about it means there will automatically then be a faux whataboutism on the "violent left," even though there is no paralell data to back it
Even the Trump administration agrees the Bill Formerly Known as TCJA loses a LOT of revenue. This shows revenues in Trump's last budget and this one. If the GOP tax plan actually raised revenues, the dark yellow line would be higher. @MichaelSLinden, @SethHanlon, @dashching
Trump DOJ wants to reinstate a basic question on citizenship in the census. In their immigration intransigence, Left is revolting. THREAD on the emerging controversy over a potential change affecting $bns of tax dollars and every leg district in America thefederalist.com/2018/02/01/dem…
...And also I might add a thread on the Left's attack on a citizenship question that perfectly justifies the reinstatement of the question -- because transparency on this issue is so critically important to American citizens and the Dems want to hide it. thefederalist.com/2018/02/01/dem…
It's hard to imagine Americans would take issue with the U.S. government inquiring about citizenship status in a population census. But in 2018, some Democrats consider it a radical act to ask the simple question, “Are you a U.S. citizen?” thefederalist.com/2018/02/01/dem…
1. Chucky has again over played his hand on DACA and Dreamers. How? Simple. He wanted an up and down vote on a fix for DACA and Dreamers from @GOP and @SenateMajLdr. Chucky thinks it is good and will force @GOP to do or he will have justification for #SchumerShutdown number 2.
2. However, what Chucky doesn't understand is that the up and down vote is a two edged sword. By trying to commit @GOP and @SenateMajLdr to this, it also binds Dems to allow the up and down vote to proceed. This means if a bill is proposed, NO FILIBUSTER will take place.
3. Dems thus have to allow vote on a bill or they will have violated the agreement and the justification for #SchumerShutdown number 2 is gone and optics even worse than last shutdown.
And now for a thread on what really happened with that 2016 Uber “breach” that was not a breach at all, but a good example of what happens when you get a Perfect Storm of 1. Executives who don’t understand security/bug bounties 2. A company in inner-turmoil and 3. Ambiguous laws.
Our tic toc of what actually transpired at Uber is here: nytimes.com/2018/01/12/tec… We obtained internal Uber emails/documents that show from start-to-finish this was not, as some characterized it a ransom payment to an extortionist or cover up for a breach.
It was a massive bounty paid out for a massive vulnerability to a scared-as-sh!t white hat hacker/researcher. If you read our story, you’ll see we quote from some of the back-and-forth exchange between Uber and the hacker. Let me know if this sounds like extortion to you.
I've just been informed by the great .@LeoShane that I did, in fact, screw up Tweet-threading again. My apologies ... so here's everything from #SecDef in one thread:
1: #SecDef spent almost an hour w/ the Pentagon Press before new year. Stories TK, but some takeaways: 1.) Look for more general purpose forces to be trained/used for roles that have drained SF 2.) W/ transgender, he would not single out or issue specific welcome (more) 1/of many
2/many: 3.) #Syria - US role will evolve, more diplomats 4.) CIVCAS: #SecDef took issue w/ Q's on #Yemen CIVCAS #s, cited high degree US precision, added w/ sympathy "the cost of war throughout history is more heavily borne by civilians." Will work w/ Saudis on addtl training
It’s been awhile since I tweeted abt this, but DoD can offer up to $40k, I believe, & there was some movement in congress 2 extend increased max 2 all depts.FEDweek is all over this topic.+I’ve twted bf abt various reductions in force that depts tweet but never mentioned by MSM.
If you search me and retirement there are some tweets back in September about Tillerson cuts then, but I’m trying to think of better search term(s) to find the links.
1/ See cnn.com/2017/04/28/pol… for the administration’s reduction in force plan thru 4/17, with hints thru 1/18. Ignore other MSM snark.