Deirdre Mitchell-MacLean Profile picture
Apr 5, 2021 8 tweets 3 min read Read on X
From my son’s current social studies class, grade nine, rural AB, Catholic school.
#abed #ableg
Read these ones carefully.
Is Ethnocentrism Evil?
“But a strange thought occurred to me, what if one person’s culture *is* better?”
I had a colonial education, too. It’s an awfully short list though.
And sure, follow that up with an excerpt from the Fraser Institute’s crap tax study.
Guess how I’ll be spending a good portion of Easter break?

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Deirdre Mitchell-MacLean

Deirdre Mitchell-MacLean Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @Mitchell_AB

May 17, 2023
There’s a candidate forum in Brooks tonight. I’m collecting some wall swag. And I might tweet some stuff. Like the olden days… Image
Moderator is reminding everyone to be respectful to candidates and neighbours. Almost ready to begin. Image
Smith is first. Lots of applause.

In less than two weeks Albertans will choose a new govt. Elections have consequences. After four years of UCP rule, investment is back, the economy is strong. Four years in opposition and the NDP hasn’t learned anything.
Read 65 tweets
Jun 30, 2022
I know lots of people think Lich is being prosecuted for her politics. Some have even said enforcement is subjecting her to “treatment that is far outside the norm of how our courts and police behave.”

It’s not, they just didn’t care about how activists were treated before.
Conservatives didn’t care about Amy’s story because Amy is an animal rights activist who was charged with attempted break and enter and attempted mischief.
Her bail conditions included a no contact order.

sentientmedia.org/six-animal-rig…
Conservatives didn’t care about George’s story because George is a Land Defender. Although others were present at the protest where George was arrested, he was the only one charged. Political persecution?

beta.ctvnews.ca/local/british-…
Read 7 tweets
Nov 26, 2021
Kenney at AUMA defending the decision to reduce Alberta's world class services rather than fund them this morning. #ableg
facebook.com/watch/live/?re…
RMA - whoops - Rural Municipalities of Alberta.
I wouldn't make y'all watch that :)
He thanked everyone for being in touch with their communities every single day - and he would know what it's like not to be, for sure.
Read 77 tweets
Nov 23, 2021
Watching the Covid update on Facebook because the notification came up first. The batshit signal must've shone brightly today, holy hell.
"You said no vax passes - what's next concentration camps?"
"I'm not vaxxed and never will be. You better not step on my land because you won't be exiting it."
"I can't wait to see you hang!"
"Agenda 21/30 is being enacted more every day."
"Your [sic] going to jail."
"That child did not die of Covid - that baby was tested and denied proper care."
"Leave the kids alone! They have zero risks from covid!"
"All about money... GREESY [sic]"
"No info from Pfizer til 2070 on this experiment. Why is that?"
"Clinics are not reporting adverse effects"
Read 4 tweets
Aug 20, 2021
So, about Derek Sloan’s news.

I saw the case numbers and decided to stay home BUT! @WSOnlineNews is live streaming on FB.

facebook.com/westernstandar…

Let me just say the room is buzzing and now piano music fills the space. Can’t drown out the din though. #ableg #cdnpoli
They announced that they’ll be staring in about 5 minutes OMG it is definitely packed.
People are still arriving, they said, and there's still some seats left. "Get to know your neighbour" they said.
Read 32 tweets
Apr 8, 2021
“Alberta continues to take extraordinary measures to control the spread of the virus,” says UofA President Bill Flanagan.

I actually can’t tell if that was a troll - it was delivered expertly.

Money for universities is good news though. Especially for science. #ableg
This update is on $20M for the Li Ka Shing Centre for Health Research Innovation, applied virology institute.

It’s rather uplifting to hear the gains they’ve been making in research and development in HepC vaccines. I lost a cousin to that a year ago yesterday🥲
Dr. Houghton says they’re working to make Alberta, and the UofA a “globally competitive site for biotechnology” and says that is possible through support from the government.

That had to be a troll 😏
Read 13 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(