Here is a list of books that should be read again and again:

nuriakenya.com #AskNuria #NuriaStore
1/

7 Habits of Highly Effective People

by Steven Covey

Covey believes that the way we see things in the world is entirely based on our own perceptions and beliefs. So In order to change something we must change our selves and even the way we see things.

#NuriaStore
2/

Atomic Habits

by James Clear

The book teaches us the importance of building constructive habits, and provides a clear cut framework on how to remove areas of inefficiency and resistance from your own life.

#NuriaStore #AskNuria
3/

Can’t Hurt Me
by David Goggins

Captures a lifetime of battles ranging from abuse & dysfunction to the ultimate battle that exist inside our minds. Over the course of David's life, he has been able to flip negatives into victories & reach down deep to defy odds.
#NuriaStore
4/

From Zero to One
by Peter Thiel

People will also not buy the same kind of products every time, they will expect something new & their demand will increase for the things which are indeed new so if we invent something new then eventually there will be an increase in demand
5/

How To Win Friends And Influence People

by Dale Carnegie

Most people trying to win others to their way of thinking do too much talking themselves.
Let the other people talk themselves out.
They know more about their business and problems than you do.

#NuriaStore
6/

The Compound Effect

by Darren Hardy

There is a difference between learning and studying. Learning leads to knowledge. Studying a topic means you are invested in it and try it out. The world already has tons of knowledge.

#NuriaStore
7/

The Four Agreements
by Don Miguel Ruiz

While sometimes the agreements are oversimplified, this is still a great little book with some heavy ideas. Focusing on any one of the said agreements can greatly improve your life and decrease stress.

#NuriaStore #AskNuria
8/

The Psychology of Money
by Morgan Housel

A very well-written book about the subjects of saving money, creating wealth and happiness, because money actually creates time for one who has it and that in turn creates happiness.

#NuriaStore
9/
Thinking, Fast and Slow
by Daniel Kahneman

A book about how two systems — intuition and slow thinking— shape our judgment, how we can effectively tap into both. Using principles of behavioral economics, how to think & avoid mistakes in situations when the stakes really high
9/
Thinking, Fast and Slow
by Daniel Kahneman

A book about how two systems — intuition and slow thinking— shape our judgment, how we can effectively tap into both. Using principles of behavioral economics, how to think & avoid mistakes in situations when the stakes really high
10/

The Millionaire Next Door

by Thomas Stanley

This book focuses on critical financial aspects. How to save money, economical spending habits and passing on wealth to future generations like millionaires do. With the real-life stories of Millionaires

#NuriaStore #AskNuria

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with C H I E F, the NuriaStore Bookseller

C H I E F, the NuriaStore Bookseller Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @bennetowuonda

Dec 30, 2022
Why “The Sex Lives of African Women” Belongs On Every Man’s Bookshelf
I’m reading The Sex Lives of African Women, a crucial collection of intimate stories. The author compiles tales from women across the globe that need a platform. And although this work thrives via the specificity of its unnamed accounts, it rings universal.
It’s the kind of book that makes me rethink how “progressive” I am. That is a false game to play. I still need to invest in the sexual freedom of women, whether they’re my partners or friends.
Read 49 tweets
Dec 30, 2022
Day three of #OneWeekofKenyanBooks is all about kids books! We're highlighting Kenyan authors who have written books for Kenyan children, from toddlers to teenagers. Get ready to discover some amazing stories and adventures from the vibrant and diverse Kenyan literary scene.
Azizas Gift by Rose Mwangi

written to entertain, teach, as well as build a strong positive value system in the young reader.

nuriakenya.com/product/azizas…

#OneWeekofKenyanBooks
My Brother With The Colourful Brain by Sahara Abdi

A book on Neurodiversity that aims to shed light on experiences of children living with Neurodiversity

nuriakenya.com/product/my-bro…

#OneWeekofKenyanBooks
Read 10 tweets
Dec 28, 2022
As we celebrate #OneWeekofKenyanBooks, here are some must-read Kenyan books to add to your reading list for 2023. After all, charity begins at home. #KenyanLiterature #books #reading #NuriaStore Image
Power Politics and Law by Prof. Githu Muigai

The book is a study in political science. In tracing the powers and politics that have influenced our country’s constitutional change.

nuriakenya.com/product/power-…

#OneWeekofKenyanBooks Image
Making Cents by Waceke Nduati

Making Cents is based on these lessons coupled with stories from other real people's experiences, failures, lessons learned, and their eventual success with personal finances.

nuriakenya.com/product/making…

#OneWeekofKenyanBooks Image
Read 18 tweets
Aug 30, 2022
Fascinating i’m reading a book and just today i did notice about a woman called Lilith, Adam’s first wife whom no one wants to talk about

Adam’s first wife wasn’t Eve.

Lilith, who claims to be equal to Adam, has only been mentioned once in the bible— but not by her name.
Lilith is believed to be the first wife of Adam. According to Genesis 1, Lilith was created from the same soil as Adam, and this meant for her that they both were equal.
The core book of kabbalah, also known as Zohar, characterizes Lilith as a dark temptress.

The people who follow this book believe that Lilith bores demonic children by “nocturnal emission” of men and kills children by strangling them.
Read 4 tweets
May 18, 2022
READ BANNED BOOKS, THERE'S A REASON WHY THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO READ BANNED BOOKS, JUST ASK I’LL SHARE A LIST
Read 9 tweets
Feb 11, 2022
I thought I'll put down a few ways authors can reach out to @NuriaStore.
We always do our homework and research on new releases. However sometimes we can miss a new book, that has been released or published.
Nonetheless, if your book is published, ask your publishers to ensure that your book comes to the attention of #NuriaStore booksellers. While booksellers will still take the final call on whether your book is stocked or not, at least you have got our attention.
Read 9 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(