Anneke Profile picture
Jul 24, 2021 6 tweets 5 min read Read on X
This is my 1st ever thread, hopefully it works….So this is updated July 7th 2021 BC Order of the PHO-Gatherings & Events: www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/hea…. In it @DrBonnieHenry acknowledges continued threat of #Covid19 & increased transmissibility/illness w/VOCs incl. younger people: 1/6
And even though there is careful inclusion of exemptions when it comes to certain gatherings incl. “students, teachers or instructors at a school, or post-secondary institution when engaged in educational activities….#bced” 2/6
And even though @DrBonnieHenry has ceased all briefings & has significantly reduced available #Covid19 testing etc., she has explicitly stated in a legal document that she has “reason to believe and does believe” the following: 3/6
Of interest also is inclusion of allowance of additional & more restrictive regional MHO orders. Remember when @DrVictoriaLeeFH had the courage to strengthen Surrey school mask mandate? Could we advocate to do this again to protect students/teachers/families come Sept? 4/6
Honestly, I truly want to know. For all intents & purposes @DrBonnieHenry’s current non-actions, relaxed restrictions (incl. no mask mandate) & blatant disregard for vulnerable groups incl. immune compromised kids & parents/unvaxxed kids in Sept #bced is incredibly alarming 5/6
Seriously, how is it that this order, signed by @DrBonnieHenry on July 7th, 2021 can express the seriousness & continued health threat that #Covid19 poses to all of us, esp. w/#DeltaVariant & yet she is allowed to put us all at risk w/her non-actions & relaxed measures? How? 6/6

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Anneke

Anneke Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @littleann4ever

May 21
🧵1/ I’m reading up on this court case btwn Henry & unvaxxed HCWs & think it’s interesting that there was no scrutiny into what constitutes “fully vaxxed.” Since as per Henry’s HCW vax order, an over two year outdated 2-dose primary series still qualifies. tnc.news/2024/05/16/b-c…
2/ Specifically, in her HCW vax order & when she was questioned about it during a PH briefing, Henry explains benefits of hybrid immunity-that HCWs even w/outdated vaccines that were also infected w/C19 recovered faster, posed lower risk to patients & reduced absenteeism rates:
3/ As well, as per above article, re: Henry’s never-ending C19 PH emergency, the judge said that “transmission of the virus posed a significant health risk & justified ongoing use of emergency powers & that an unvaxxed HCW constituted a ‘health hazard,’ as defined by PH Act.
Read 12 tweets
May 7
🧵 1/ Gee, I wonder where countries around the world, incl Canada, got the idea that eradicating absenteeism & subsequent learning loss was more important than protecting students from a disabling disease or supporting them in their recovery when they’re sick. Oh, I know….
2/ You see, according to McKinsey- yes, of course it’s McKinsey!- it’s not only about making sure kids are in school so parents go to work in the short term. Apparently, as per their Apr/22 article, it’s also about preventing catastrophic economic losses over the next 15 years.
3/ A quote: “Lower levels of learning translate into lower future earnings potential for students & lower economic productivity for nations. By 2040, the economic impact of pandemic-related learning delays could lead to annual losses of $1.6 trillion worldwide…” Yikes, right?
Read 11 tweets
Mar 25
Last week, I was told there was a “cold” virus spreading in my Mom’s memory care facility. And that she was sick. And now, of course, it’s been confirmed that the “cold” was actually C19 & it’s still spreading like wildfire. But that’s not the worst thing that happened…
You see, a nurse came into my Mom’s room to take her temperature. But as has happened frequently in the past, my Mom got scared. Only this time my Mom backed away too quickly, falling onto the arm of a chair, landing on the floor, crying out in pain.
Now, my Mom has a badly bruised or fractured rib. Either way, the only way forward is pain meds & lots of rest. But since my Mom has dementia type that causes high anxiety & erratic behaviours, including ceaseless pacing, resting, for her, is probably most unattainable remedy:(
Read 7 tweets
Mar 14
Case in point: After 1st C19 infection, my kind/independent Mom began exhibiting lack of empathy/apathy. 2+ infections later, dramatic behaviour changes. MRI showed “atrophy disproportionately marked in right to temporal lobe.” Now she’s most difficult resident in 24hr facility:(
MRI summary: Multiple sm areas of increased signal intensity in frontal parietal & posterior temporal lobe white matter consistent w/mild changes of leukoaraiosis. Disproportionately marked in right cerebral hemi, particularly right to temporal lobe. Pattern=possible form of FTD.
This MRI is yr old now. And it was only made possible after my Dad, desperate for answers, pleaded in person at hosp. By some miracle, my Mom got on cancellation list & had appt w/i week. I say this b/c due to outrageous wait times, there’s so many out there w/no MRI/diagnosis.
Read 7 tweets
Feb 1
On Apr 20, 2023, @PHSAofBC Board Chair, Tim Manning read out inquiry from a member of public about patient health & legal ramifications of allowing sick HCWs to return to work. Pls note this mtg took place week after Dr. Henry rescinded HC mandatory masking. Here’s full Q & A:
🧵
Q: “In light of the PH advice incl from regional health authorities under your jurisdiction & your employee, Dr. Henry, that HCWs do not need to test for C19, may go to work w/C19 & may expose patients to C19, is the board aware that the @CMPAmembers (Cdn Med Protective Assoc)…”
“…states the following, yes or no?:
A physician may be found to be of breach of his or her duty of care to patients by continuing to provide med services & prevent transmission of viruses where the physician suspects he or she has C19 or has been diagnosed w/C19…”
Read 20 tweets
Dec 29, 2023
🧵1/ I’ve updated my Part 3 timeline summary of all known about LC in B.C. to reflect that Skowronski received evidence of the long term harms in children, all the while, she & her co-authors, including Henry, were conducting their seroprevalence study.
docs.google.com/document/d/1MR…
A screenshot with the excerpt of the updated portion of my Part 3 piece about what was known when about long Covid by B.C’s gov’t & public health officials:   “Please note that this multitude of long covid research from the OCSO was being received by Skowronski while she and her co-authors, including Dr. Henry, were conducting their cross-sectional SARS-CoV-2 seroprevalence study. Their study's sero-surveys began in March 2020 and ended in August 2022, at which time their research concluded that infection-induced cases in B.C's children and youth had culminated to reach ~80%. Yet, between J...
2/ I’ve also added an addendum to my Part 2 piece about all that was revealed in B.C. FOI documents (& more!) to keep record of Minister Dix’s affirmations on Hansard while he was being questioned in the legislature by Sonia Fursteneau on April 27, 2023. docs.google.com/document/d/19n…
***Addendum After writing this, there was yet another instance of truth-telling in the B.C legislature. On April 27, 2023, during Committee of Supply Debate (3:40-3:54), Furstenau challenged Dix on the facts about what was known, as revealed in my piece above, as well as emphasizing that, to date, BC PH briefings were devoid of any LC education or info about the risks of multi-system organ damage.  In his response, while reading from what sounds like the same legislature fact sheet revealed in the above F.O.I,, Dix proudly stated on the record that "with respect to long COVID, we start...
3/ And to round things out, here’s my Part 1 piece about the LC knowledge w/i BC’s own PHSA & their post-C19 clinical care network. No updates but this section piggybacks Dix’s words above & shines light on what was known when the network was conceived: docs.google.com/document/d/1HX…
Excerpt from my Part 1 LC piece:   “Next, as for what they've known, the article's introduction states that "international estimates indicate that 10% to 20% of individuals recovering from COVID-19 experience long-term complications" and "given the multiplicity of organ systems affected and the susceptibility of individuals with substantial comorbidity to the infection, impacts are likely significant." The article's overview and objectives section expands on this even further, disclosing that "based on the known physiology of the whole-body distribution of the angio...
Read 6 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(