So let's punish Medicaid patients for paying cash for their #PainMedicine prescribed by their DOCTOR because it's against the rules. If Medicaid won't pay for it & the patient isn't allowed to, who PAYS? The person in PAIN by their PAIN going UNTREATED? How does this HELP anyone?
This is literally asking for this person to end up with #CHRONICPAIN as well as the loss of income from being unable to WORK. Does Medicaid pay for PT, massage, yoga, etc...? Hell NO! These stupid rules ensure said patient stays in poverty which also increases OD risk...
How you ask? Because they are in pain from either a painful disease, a surgery, or an injury. Not treating the pain slows down & inhibits healing. Healing occurs the sooner one can get up & moving around. It's essential for blood flow, & oxygenation which are necessary for
healing to occur. If one is in too much pain to move, they can't heal effectively & could end up with pneumonia, DVT, stroke & even heart attack from the stress the severe pain puts on the body. In fact in the 90s this was a big reason they treated pain more aggressively.
It enables healing so the patient can get up, moving, & back to work. Not treating pain is forcing people damaged by #ChronicPain in to #Disability when simply continuing to treat the pain enables them to continue to work. Because of the misinformation by the media & rehab...
facilities, & PROP via the CDC #OpiatePainMedicine has been demonized as a scourge on society leaving millions of #CPP force tapered to ineffective doses or cut off completely. Many forced into #DISABILITY. Abandoned by the health care system, stigmatized, & left to deal with the
unending, unrelenting pain. #OpiatePainMedicine is the ONLY safe effective medication to treat moderate to severe pain available. NSAIDS & tylenol do NOT work equally & are toxic in large doses.The addiction rate is only 1% & there is no reason to force suffering on the other 99%
Since the #DEAs massive cutback of the prescription opioid supply, the crackdown on Doctors, & the opioid litigation began the #OverdoseCrisis has ONLY GOTTEN WORSE! It's obvious #OpioidProhibition is working no better than alcohol Prohibition. We need to #EndTheWarOnDrugs

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Equality Couple

Equality Couple Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!


Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

  2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Too expensive? Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal Become our Patreon

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us on Twitter!