Ellie Hall Profile picture
Dec 15, 2022 9 tweets 5 min read Read on X
The final three episodes of #HarryandMeghanNetflix just dropped.

Here's my thread: Image
Harry and Meghan cut their wedding cake with a sword at their wedding reception in St. George's Hall at Windsor Castle:
#HarryandMeghanNetflix Image
Here's @idriselba in his role as DJ at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding:
The Duchess of Cambridge makes an appearance in the wedding reception photos shown in #HarryandMeghanNetflix (is she talking to Idris Elba?) Image
Munira Mahmud of the Hubb Community Kitchen is interviewed in #HarryandMeghanNetflix about Meghan's work with them and "Together," the cookbook they put together for victims of the Grenfell fire: ImageImageImage
Meghan's mother Doria Ragland cries while talking about her daughter's suicidal ideation while pregnant. "That's not an easy one for a mom to hear."
Harry said that he had a conversation with his father, then-Prince Charles, about the media's coverage of Meghan.

"He said, 'Darling boy, you can't take on the media. The media will always be the media.' And I said, 'I fundamentally disagree.'"

#HarryandMeghanNetflix
Harry and Meghan's nanny Lorren is interviewed in #HarryandMeghanNetflix: ImageImage
🚨 In Episode 5, Harry and Meghan say that they offered to give up their Sussex titles in late 2019. 🚨

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Ellie Hall

Ellie Hall Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @ellievhall

Apr 28, 2023
Lol, because of this tweet, BuzzFeed disabled all of the settings that would have allowed us to do this. (As in, they literally changed settings overnight.)

Lovely to know how much you mean to a place after 10 years.
Fuck me for getting my final piece up instead of backing up my shit, amiright?
NEVER TWEET has once again proven to be the best strategy for life.
Read 6 tweets
Apr 27, 2023
HELP REQUEST: Despite pleas from employees who have been here for most of their careers, BuzzFeed has decided not to adjust its Google Workspace settings to allow us to download our Google Drives or email inboxes. If anybody knows a workaround to do this, we’d all appreciate it.
In particular, not being able to access our old inboxes will make it incredibly difficult to maintain relationships with sources, experts, and other valuable contacts. You know, people you need to talk to when you’re a reporter.
(We still have access to our inboxes and our Drives because unions are great, ILU @bfnewsunion)
Read 4 tweets
Jan 8, 2023
Here we go: Prince Harry's ITV interview with @tombradby about his memoir #Spare is airing now:
#HarryTheInterview
Harry describes leaving the UK with Meghan and Archie as "flee[ing] for their lives"
The ITV documentary features excerpts of Harry reading aloud from #Spare (he narrated the audiobook).
Read 40 tweets
Jan 6, 2023
It looks like YouTube has once again deranked anti-Meghan Markle channels from search results in order to keep the often hateful and conspiracy theory-laden videos from unsuspecting viewers.

A search for her name yields only results from legitimate media outlets:
I wrote about the community of anti-Sussex YouTube channels last year: buzzfeednews.com/article/elliev…
You can tell that some sort of filter has been applied to the YouTube results for queries about Meghan because a search for "Kate Middleton" yields videos from unverified channels / fan-made channels.
Read 5 tweets
Jan 6, 2023
VERY interesting Private Eye item on ANOTHER use of stock footage in Harry and Meghan's Netflix show:

In episode 2, as commentators are talking about the evils of the UK tabloid industry, video of the @Independent's newsroom is shown.

I found it on Getty; it's from 2000. ImageImageImage
Here's the link. (The Getty editorial number is #645005642.) gettyimages.com/detail/video/i…
As always, thank you to my wonderful @whedonesque internet friend who keeps me updated on the royal items in Private Eye.
Read 4 tweets
Jan 6, 2023
This is an important detail that I’m seeing a lot of people ignore/misinterpret:

Meghan said she wanted to go to an inpatient mental health facility when she was suicidal. Not call a therapist. Not see a psych.

(I explicitly confirmed this w/ their spokesperson in 2021.)
Specifically, I confirmed this with a Sussex spokesperson when I asked for comment on WHY Harry didn't go to his family for help with Meghan when she was suicidal. Their PR team confirmed she sought inpatient treatment.

buzzfeednews.com/article/elliev… Image
Oh, and also, it took about 2 minutes of Googling to find a private mental health hospital in London that allows patients to refer themselves for inpatient care without needing anything from a medical/psychiatric practitioner.

nightingalehospital.co.uk/inpatient-trea… Image
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(