Jonathan Choe Profile picture
Jun 2, 2023 7 tweets 7 min read Read on X
FIGHTING TRANS BILL: Tonight, hundreds are expected to pack Motion Church in Puyallup to launch the signature drive for the “REJECT 5599 REFERENDUM KICK-OFF.”

This in direct response to State Sen. Marko Liias’(⁦@SenMarkoLiias⁩) controversial transgender bill, signed into law… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… Image
LEADING THE CHARGE: Parent advocate Dawn Land is the force behind this referendum to take out SB 5599. She says people from all across the spectrum, including the LGBTQ+ community, are standing with her. She says aggressive ground game starts now.
GOV SIGNS: Critics say this transgender law removes parents from the health and mental health care decision making process. But champions of this bill say it will help protect vulnerable at risk youth, especially the ones seeking “gender-affirming care.”
I CONFRONTED MARKO: In April, parents and critics packed the Capitol Grounds and railed on Sen. Liias(@SenMarkoLiias) during a protest. Trans bill supporters held a counter rally on the other side.
#Olympia
WA TRULY IS A BLUE STATE: Look at Democratic lawmakers in support of SB5599. Most refused to comment or answer questions. I was stunned by the lack of media coverage. No one else in the #Seattle market questioned lawmakers.
@WASenDemocrats @WAHouseDems
TRANS AGGRESSION: Moment I walked over to hear what trans activists and Dem lawmakers had to say, far-left umbrella crew started coming after me. One idiot cracked my phone. This happened right in front of law enforcement officers. No consequences.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Jonathan Choe

Jonathan Choe Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @choeshow

May 29
Depending who you ask, King County Fire Commissioner Steve Hickey is a serial con artist or a faithful public servant moonlighting as an independent journalist. Either way, he's now facing numerous legal challenges and his entire reputation is on the line.
In part two of our series, YouTube journalist Tyler Oliveira(@tyleraloevera) and I take a closer look at fresh allegations and Hickey's troubled past.
In part one, Oliveira and I confronted Hickey with squatting claims. He's refusing to leave a house belonging to another woman, claiming it should be his. Hickey has already been sanctioned in court for not providing all documents during discovery.
Hickey files are now open. More Seattle media digging. The current controversy revolves around his role as a King County Fire Commissioner. He's on leave from duties as the investigation into his alleged abuse of power continues.
Read 7 tweets
May 25
BREAKING: Embattled King County Fire District 47 Commissioner Steve Hickey announced Friday evening that he's taking a leave of absence. Multiple sources tell me Hickey is accused of abusing his power on the job and using station equipment to grow his social media profile.
A first responder says after showing up to an emergency scene, Hickey "does a triage, requests a motor vehicle accident response, and then goes back to his car and live streams on TikTok before fire even arrives, leaving his patient with PD that he just triaged."Image
All of this comes to light after YouTube journalist Tyler Oliveira(@tyleraloevera) and I launched an investigation into Hickey's alleged "squatting" in a Ravensdale house. He's also accused of construction hustles claiming dozens of victims.
Read 7 tweets
May 23
At this point, Bellevue serial squatters Sang and Youjin Kim are arguably the most hated couple in WA. They are facing a fourth eviction after failing to pay rent again in Jaskaran Singh's $2M house. Up to this point, they have not faced any vigilantes trying to drive them out.
But on Tuesday, that all changed. Authorities confirm the Kim's got "swatted." That's when someone calls 911 and reports a fake emergency. When law and order breaks down, this is what happens.
Kim's failed to pay again, even after being bailed out by King County Bar Association's Housing Justice Project.
Bellevue deadbeat tenant Sang Kim makes a cameo appearance in Tyler Oliveira's story. Bottom line, now the world gets to see the broken King County court system and the failed laws that have enabled groups like Housing Justice Project to thrive.

Read 4 tweets
May 22
BREAKING: Deadbeat tenants Sang and Youjin Kim are now facing eviction for the fourth time after failing to pay rent on a $2M house in Bellevue. Landlord Jaskaran Singh knows the courts are still backed up but is patiently waiting it out.
He's now ramping up for more protests and is also running for WA State Senate to help fix this broken system.
Meanwhile, it's unclear if King County Bar Association's Housing Justice Project will represent the Kim's this time around. HJP has been getting hammered for using close to $90K in taxpayer dollars to bail out these Korean nationals.Image
The Kim's have been served with a fourth unlawful detainer. At this point, most reasonable people know that these people are not low-income and have a long track record of running these hustles.

While Singh faces another long drawn out process, he is trying to make the best of this situation. He's now running for a State Senate seat, hoping to change the system that's hurting so many mom & pop landlords.

singhforstatesenate.com
Read 4 tweets
May 20
Final look Sunday evening at the University of Washington Hamas encampment. After taking over the Quad for weeks, protesters worked out a deal with UW leaders and promised to take it down by Monday. Otherwise, the far-left activists and commies drew my portrait and asked me to sign it. They're going to miss me. 🙃😍
Christian street preacher Matthew Meinecke says he's not leaving the Quad until school leaders formally apologize to Jewish students. He wants others to bring Israeli and American flags to establish a new encampment until demands are met.
Meinecke says he's been targeted by Antifa and other far-left activists since he set up a tent alongside Muslim and Arab students in early May. But he also credits these students for advocating for him when others wanted him out.
Read 5 tweets
May 6
Monday afternoon, University of Washington School of Public Health Prof. Amy Hagopian(@amyhagopian) was tabling in the Hamas encampment. She was answering questions about the Israel-Hamas war. We know what side she is on. But when one student decided to record her sitting down in this public space, she immediately became defensive and accused him of being hostile. Bizarre reaction to basic filming.
Hagopian is a self proclaimed social justice warrior. She has no problem sharing her hot takes. She calls Israel a "terrorist state."

She also shares plenty of opinions without context.

Read 6 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(