Firstly, I love that a female VP is in office and can say these things at this time. Thank you to everyone who voted for Biden-Harris. You saved so many lives, and ensured the USA could start the long process of restoring democracy.
The abortion debate comes down to whether you support a woman's right to bodily autonomy, or the baby's right to same (incl 50% who are female.) I want to support both, but I can't. The issue forces us to choose the lesser of two evils. Like most of the big political issues do.
(1) 18hrs ago 6 innocents were seriously injured when an ISIS sympathizer stabbed them in a NZ supermarket. Police took out the terrorist. They were meant to watch him 24/7... the PM doesn't think they did anything wrong & won't say how many others are on a watchlist.
(2) I'm not criticizing the heroic rank and file NZ Police members who shot the terrorist, saving dozens of lives.
I'm criticizing their incapable Commissioner who cares more about making excuses for himself, and PM Jacinda Ardern who doesn't see her approach is the wrong one.
(3) What Ardern and the people she allows to be in charge of our public service agencies will never admit is that their actions are worsening the extremely challenging situation NZ is already in, with the pandemic especially.
I've always supported school choice initiatives on their merits, which can be substantial. But my ideal world would be one in which everyone chose to wear a mask where doing so supported the physical and mental health of others around them during a pandemic such as this.
Campos-Duffy (wife of GQP ex Rep Sean Duffy) is parroting a line of MAGA cult brainwashing that Pres Biden is mentally unfit & Dr Biden pushed him to run for office.
None of which is true. Joe Biden can deal with live press briefings better than TFG.
Also, he trolls better.😎
MAGAs really believe Biden is cognitively impaired. I used to believe this, too. I am ALWAYS open to changing my mind if presented with new evidence, & that's what happened after election day.
Biden had to run a near-virtual campaign bc he didn't want folk to die from events.
The need to #MaskUp#GetVaccinated and at times avoid large gatherings, to save lives, is not something that stops Donald Trump from doing unconscionable things like holding a rally in Alabama when there are NO spare ICU beds in the entire state.
Y'all blaming President Biden for the way Afghanistan is today but really you need to review what President Trump did there, like capitulating to Taliban demands to free Baladar in 2018, after 8yrs in custody.
*OK I see now it was >40 countries officially involved. I always thought it was more like 80, but I've made a mistake somewhere along the line. 20 years is a long time to follow the events of a war, right?
Anyway, it was a lot. Not just the USA. Even New Zealand helped...
I don't want the sacrifices of the other countries to be forgotten.
10 of my fellow Kiwis lost their lives serving in Afghanistan. There were a few more who fought for the UK but were NZ-born.
(1) "Don't you want to see what happens if you don't give up?" #Nightbirde
This is relevant to everyone.
She is an angel lent to us and while she is here fighting I will absorb us much as I can from her hopeful soul.
(2) And if I have to go to her music & words to absorb that I will, in gratitude... the pandemic is a life changing, multi-year event that forces almost all of us to contemplate life itself in ways big and small. August 2021 is the harshest month yet for several countries.
(3) For these countries I cannot see a way for September to bring better news for us but we are going to try our darnedest to save lives and support each other.
So many things seem unimportant and right now for me they are.