Limitation is something that control the size or extent of something. Limitation also determines how much of a thing is possible. It controls what a person is able to do, placing a limit on what is achievable.
The human mind has placed a strong limitation around it, contrary to #dominion that God had in mind at the beginning (Genesis 1:26). It sets the limits to what one can attain.
Elijah was a man of faith. One who believed strongly in the word of God. He made sure He held on to the promise of rain even when it didn't seem like it. He was persistent till the fulfillment of the word came.
Faith is described as continued action in the absence of evidence.
When you have Grace for Speed, all other natural laws are suspended. People will question your victories and accomplishments because it's unfathomable by human understanding.
Recap: The church is the ground and pillar of truth. As believers, we make up the church hence there are certain traits and conducts required of us. Last week we considered Simplicity and Sincerity. Today, we look further to learn other traits we must possess as true believers.
SUBMISSION (John3:8): A believer should be workable and teachable not having a rigid mind. If indeed Jesus is your LORD, you should learn to say YES to Him at all times.
There is an acceptable way of life or conduct for every believer and beyond that, every kingdom minded believer should have this traits.
TRAIT: A distinguishing quality of a person or character.
- There's a way a responsible follower of Christ should comport him/her self.
- A serious believer will want to please and honor God with his life.
BELIEVER'S TRAIT 1. Simplicity
2Corinthians 1:18-25; 11:3
- The message of the cross is simple; believe in your heart and confess with your mouth.
- Either on the mountain top or in your room, God answers prayers.
THINGS NOT IN GOD'S NATURE 1. It is not in God's nature to abandon His children. Philippians 1:6; Psalm 37:17; 25; 39
- It is only when God is with you that you can stand strong. Psalm 55:22
- It's not in God's nature to allow the righteous to be down-casted.
- No matter the challenge, God will never abandon you.
2. It's not in His nature to fail. Psalm 77:8; Lamentations 3:22
- Has He promised you? It shall surely come to pass.
- God only disciplines His children, He doesn't inflict pain
3. God does not lie
- He says things that are true; His word is truth. Hebrews 6:18
- God doesn't joke with His words, you can always rely on His word. Numbers 23:19; 1Samuel 15:29
Allow yourself to be pruned and you will continually bear fruits for God's kingdom.
Prayer: Lord I appreciate you for your word. Daily as i live, often as i breathe, Let my whole life be expressions of your grace. Let grace upon grace be manifested upon my life. I will not fail nor disappoint you.
All i need to nurture my faith, nurture my love for the word and the things of God is granted unto me by God's grace. Work upon my heart Lord and shed every weight that will hinder me from been disqualified in your scheme of things.
Recap: In the parable of the sower, the fruits produced was dependent on the kind of ground the seeds fell and this is symbolic of the states of our heart. God looks beyond the surface and always considers the state of our hearts.
Today, we begin to consider what is essential for fruitfulness ( John 15:16). God intends that we bring forth fruit that will remain. It is His utmost plan that the righteous man brings forth fruit even in old age (Psalm 92).
- God's strategy does not show human thinking.
- STRATEGY is a general term to achieve ones mapped out plans and goals.
- A strategist is a skilled person in the act of strategy. God is a MASTER STRATEGIST
- God is the programmer, the executor of your life.
- Sometimes, when God wants to do a new thing in your life, He closes the existing chapters.
- God can never mess up your life once you are at the center of His will.
- Everything you are going through is part of God's strategy.
- Your life is not a mistake; God organizes those situations to bring an end result.
- Every circumstance you find yourself is to show forth God and His power. Phillipians 1:19-20