Trevor Zantos Profile picture
Oct 27, 2021 9 tweets 7 min read Read on X
This project is almost two years in the making and is my interpretation of a modern-day London Best matched set of custom 9mm 2011 pistols. As you know, any matched pair must come with a case that would nestle the pistols and proper tools for what any gentleman/woman would need
to show up fully prepared for their duel or shooting range trip. I have always liked the historical idea of designing a matched pair of pistols; additionally, there is a reason why the practice started in the first place. I uniquely chose each feature to adapt best
to my disabilities, design sensibility, and intended uses. It made sense to have one carry version and one external training option/backup. The bag itself was a labor of love with Michael Noelle Leatherworx, who helps make the designs in my head manifest themselves into reality.
Over several months the bag design evolved and took its final shape. As shown, the case is made with 10-12oz harness leather, the handle has an alligator strap handle, a 2” AustriAlpin cobra buckle secures the flap, and the front panel unzips to more easily access the interior.
The interior has the reversed holsters that hold the 2011s as configured; the zipped-down panel has my SilencerCo Omega9K and then uses the Esstac Kydex inserts covered in leather to secure four spare magazines. Inside there is room for 300 rounds of ammo, shooting glasses..
a Multitasker multitool with bits, MSA hearing protection, an Otis cleaning kit, elephant leather cigar case, & a pewter flask. If you are heading to a duel, it might be for a traditional bit of liquid courage before the duel or just an after-range trip nip to enjoy with cigars
(Disclaimer: never mix guns and alcohol). Believe it or not, this is a highly condensed description. If you want the full 3000-word nerd version, it’ll be on my substack along with way more photos, including many in-process ones in the next day or two. #craftsmeninamerica
In case there are new people that haven’t seen a million pictures of the matched pair of 2011s here’s a shot of them

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Trevor Zantos

Trevor Zantos Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @usgeneral25

Jan 22, 2023
No, this is demonstrably a lie. Please, do not talk about things that you clearly know nothing about. Especially about products that people are using in possible life-threatening scenarios. It is night and day buying US-made armor and armor from Alibaba. The Truth about Armor🧵
We will start at the beginning, the Federal 0101.06 standards for testing and certification for soft and hard armor plates sold in the US. This includes not only the rounds to be shot, the order, and distance, but also conditioning procedures etc. ojp.gov/pdffiles1/nij/…
Now, if a manufacturer pays the fees, and has an approved independent laboratory test their concealable soft armor/plates shot after the pieces have been conditioned and passed the series of the tests they can they be NIJ CERTIFIED armor packages. nij.ojp.gov/topics/equipme…
Read 15 tweets
Aug 29, 2022
@DolioJ @Brushbeater @WatcherontheWeb @MScottMcCulloug @RadioContraAP this was a scene in Roanoke, tx, a very small town on the west side of the DFW area. Reportedly the left-wing armed group is surrounding a bar where there was a drag queen event with children.
Read 20 tweets
Aug 13, 2022
🧵@DolioJ said Go to Radio course, learn how to do some coms they said, won’t be too hard it’s just 2 days, well since you’re already here, might as well stay 2 more days, it’s really only building on what you already did, it’s only a smidge harder, not much math @Brushbeater 1/
Then it’s like well there may be some math, since y’all are gonna make some antennas. But basic multiplication and division, arts and crafts(I added some rattle can for flair), ok I’m keeping up, mostly, I think. Building knowledge, trying it in field training exercises 2/7
Then we start adding more levels of complexity, instead of transmitting words we start transmitting in trigrams, en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigram 3/7
Read 8 tweets
Jun 13, 2022
@ThomTillis @GOP @LeaderMcConnell @SenSusanCollins @RoyBluntMO @JohnCornyn @SenToomey @LindseyGrahamSC @PatToomey @MittRomney @Sen_JoeManchin @SenMarkKelly @BillCassidy you seek to further abridge rights given by our creator and guaranteed by the 2nd and none of them will work🧵
Pt 1, Red flags are on their face unconstitutional because they are ex-parte proceedings that violate the 5th Amendment. Furthermore, a JAMA study in San Diego said the red flag laws, already enacted there didn't work. jamanetwork.com/journals/jaman… 2/
extended wait times, The uvalde shooter waited 8 months to get his gun 3/ nypost.com/2022/05/27/tex…
Read 17 tweets
Jun 13, 2022
on the eve of one of the most consequential pieces of legislation in recent history, this unconstitutional gun grab, I was just informed by @NCGOP that they were too busy to answer my questions as to what @WhatleyNCGOP is doing to stop @ThomTillis and Richard burr @gunpolicy @NRA
By further restricting our constitutional and natural rights when it is not only unconstitutional, the laws wouldn't have prevented any of the recent shootings. I have sent several peer-reviewed papers to both offices on each and every item showing that it won't work @GunOwners
I was told by the @ncgop that i wasn't even allowed to ask what @WhatleyNCGOP was doing specifically on this issue, and when i respectfully asked to speak to someone else in the office they informed me that they had too many other important things to do and hung up on me
Read 4 tweets
Jun 6, 2022
🧵@JoshuaSteinman @PalmerLuckey I agree, however i think they are missing the critz cal component, the way we won ww2 was not only innovation it was manufacturing, we dont make our own chips, there are critical electronic components that literally not made in the US 1/7
For example, I’m getting my type 107 license and am building drones as part of building my skill set, not only are the kits/frames from china much cheaper but even if i would pay a premium, many of the components cant be bought from US manufacturers 2/7
We need foundries, smelting, restart mining lithium, tungsten, other REM, teach kids useful skills like how to make things with their hands, energy independence, unleash the natural resources we were blessed with. 3/7
Read 8 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(