Paul Guerra Profile picture
Apr 30, 2022 20 tweets 13 min read Read on X
18 takeaways from .@steveaoki’s & .@RaoulGMI’s chat on .@RealVision that’ll make an impact

= thread =
1/ being a Producer influenced his #crypto journey:

“You have to always think about what the future looks like.

The best musicians & producers are the ones that are actually very good at predicting where things are going because they're actually carving the road.”…
2/ .@steveaoki on investing:

He invests in undervalued startups — especially research orgs & scientists that are keen on 🧠 research.

“That's what's
interesting to me the most. Then what everyone's already jumping into, I'd rather know what the small circles
are doing.”…
3/ the role of #Web3 in the music biz:

It gets rid of the middle man’s (record label) shenanigans, where they take 80% of the economics when the artists are doing all the work.

Personal note: “Artifact” directed by .@JaredLeto is a great documentary that elaborates on this…
4/ #Web3:

“There's a lot of passion & excitement. We're creating so much noise that the whole rest of the 🌐 is: what's going on over here?”

Synergy is happening in Web 3.0. Communities are forming in Discord/TW in real-time

Once you expose to the community, you’re part of it.
5/ … In Web2 we create a product and put it out there. If it sells, cool, if it doesn't you move on. It's a one-way conversation.

Web 3.0 is different because it’s a 2-way conversation & you’re hearing a lot.

“It's not necessarily about you anymore. It's about us.”…
6/ … “we're trying to figure out what fish we bring to the table,
how we chop it up, & share it with everyone.

When everyone wins, it's a much more powerful feeling
than just you & your team winning.

We’re human beings, we're naturally empathetic people, we want them to win”.
7/ sharing financial rewards w/ “fans”:

A #web3 community isn’t a fan club. If you release an album, I can buy a share of a token on one of the tracks.

You can go to TikTok/Instagram/ and promote it like crazy because if it does well, I have a stake in that revenue… 💰
8/ Social tokens:

“culture is one of the most valuable things in our lives, but it's undervalued.” .@RaoulGMI

Creating a currency around culture will be very helpful because artists will be valued at what they should be valued at —their market cap, not their follower count...
9/ … i.e. #Nike’s value comes from its cultural relevance.

#web3 takes away the power of culture from corporations who’ve monetized it and comes back to the creator who deserves it.

“it's not just like entering a new chapter, we're writing a whole new book.” 📖…
10/ .@steveaoki’s #metaverse:

It's not like responding to comments on your social media, it’s a social club that ties IP + everything in

“I'm seeing what utility is, what communities want,
what the creators are offering”

1. Deliver ASAP
2. Know what they want & surprise them…
11/ .@steveaoki’s Playhouse in the #Sandbox is his house on steroids, acid, and mushrooms 🍄.

- fall through the foam
- pit into another worlds and dimensions
- games
- quests
- NPCs & characters
- 🎵 festivals
- cake throwing area
- interactions with .@SnoopDogg’s lot (?)…
12/ “For creators, this is the perfect canvas, because you could just build your fantasy”

For artists is difficult to scale because you have to be there, but the #Metaverse fixes that because .@steveaoki & others can interact w/ fans globally without being on a ✈️ all the time…
13/ power of 🎵:

“the high of playing shows is greater than any drug.

The high of connecting w/ people & their deepest, most vulnerable emotional
state -because that's what music can really bring out of you, is to crack your shell.

That's my
goal, I want souls to connect.”…
14/ “it doesn't matter what culture or language you 🗣, what you look like, where you came from, we all have this yearning, this emotional energy that’s trying to
connect with each other.

Music can make that very easy if you allow it to. You have to let the music drive you.”…
15/ … “that's why music is very similar to love.

When it takes over you, all rationality is out the window.

You just say fuck it, just kick me in the face. I'm ready to go crazy.”…
16/ IRL v #metaverse digital events:

We need to understand the basis before designing the depth

VR will be as close to real life as possible

“It's not just about the visual experience, it's about the feeling, to get the emotional basis down rather than just make it very cool.”
17/ #web3 artists’ framework:

It’s not a fan club, it has to offer more so the conversation is about building

“If you're not willing to do it, just stay in Web 2.0 & there's nothing wrong
with that. You could thrive & succeed as an artist doing your shows & putting out your 🎶”
18/ … 1st question to answer is “Am I willing to give more?”

You have to be willing to slice the 🍞 off for others.

Money can’t be the driver. If you’re good, 💰 will follow.

“Like all things in the world, if you give great service to your community, you will
reap rewards.”
Thank you for getting this far! If you liked this thread, please RT the first tweet 🔁

Gratitude to .@steveaoki & .@RaoulGMI for your valuable insights!

👇 If you want to learn more, check out this and similar FREE #crypto content on .@RealVision realvision.com/shows/raoul-pa…

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Paul Guerra

Paul Guerra Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @paulguerratv

Dec 6, 2022
🧵 A Complete SHIFT in Society!

Welcome to the world of the #exponentialage, where technological progress is happening at an incredible pace and is changing the rules of everything...

[an introductory thread]
This era, which has been described by .@RaoulGMI in .@RealVision as "the greatest period of change in human history," is bringing about sweeping changes in every aspect of our lives, including the field of #artificialintelligence... 2/
One of the biggest areas where #AI is having an impact in the #exponentialage is in the realm of #healthcare.

Advances in AI are enabling doctors to diagnose and treat diseases with unprecedented precision and speed... 3/
Read 12 tweets
Oct 30, 2022
🧵 Is the American Dream dead? - a tweetstorm

This is a brain dump of .@RaoulGMI's 30+ years of knowledge, how the world works, and how his macro framework fits into it all ⤵️
1/ There's no denying that we're in a mess!

By the Law of Unintended Consequences, every time we try to fix A, we create problems B, C, D, E, etc.

We hardly understand these new problems unless there's hindsight to connect the dots...
2/ [PART I: #HISTORY]

So, how the hell did we get here?

Let's start by looking at the peak of the #British Empire:

It was the world's largest realm. But as with every empire, trying to control so many people across the globe has its price & #debt weakened its structure...
Read 81 tweets
Sep 27, 2022
What really causes inflation? 🧵

[a thread for normies - like me]
2/ The problem with #inflation is that it's a very personal experience.

As I always say, the wallet is the most sensitive organ in the body, so my inflation might not be your inflation.

In fact, my inflation could be seen as #disinflation by you... (more on that later)
3/ Price inflation and monetary inflation have different definitions:

* For many.- #inflation is the increased prices paid for goods & services.

** To others.- it's a decline in the purchasing power of your #money.

*** In layman's terms.- Too much money chasing too few goods.
Read 25 tweets
Aug 4, 2022
The Game of Investing 🧵

[an introductory thread for normies -like me]
Markets are hard to quantify & #investing isn't exactly a science because there are no exact formulas to tell you what's the right thing to do

That's why #investors need to build a framework that speaks to them and a personalized investing style to apply in the process... 1/12
The eternal struggle: #Markets are constantly changing and are filled with contradictory information/indicators.

Also, markets don't care about you!

Understand that what matters today will change at some point without any notice & it'll undoubtedly affect your portfolio... 2/12
Read 14 tweets
Jul 16, 2022
The Power of The Dollar 🧵

[a thread for normies -like me]
Long periods of #dollar-strength often ended with massive financial dislocations like the Latin American #debt crisis of the 80s and the Asian crisis of the 90s.

Oppositely, long periods of a weakening dollar came with strong markets like between 2003-2007.

1/20
Although the #USdollar is not itself an asset, cash is.

The dollar is the most common currency in which assets are quoted and exchanged in #financialmarkets and the economy.

It's the world's reserve currency (for now at least...) 2/ 20
Read 22 tweets
Apr 23, 2022
15 takeaways from .@APompliano’s discussion with .@RaoulGMI that will make an immediate impact

= THREAD 🧵 =
Pre-2017 was #Bitcoin’s first season. It went from completely unknown to the first steps of mainstream adoption.

2017 was the beginning of season 2, which was a continuation of season 1, just on steroids.

2020 was the beginning of season 3, which is where we’re still at…
Season 3 brought in new players. Guys like Paul Tudor Jones, Ray Dalio, and Stanley Druckenmiller say they have #BTC in their portfolio

BTC’s holder base is changing. Historically they weren’t macro traders and just focused on DCA.

Now, #Bitcoin is very correlated to #NASDAQ
Read 17 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(