DecodeJar Profile picture
May 21, 2022 10 tweets 6 min read Read on X
#BITCOIN UPDATE THREAD ⚡

The smaller dashed channel remains my primary case, mapping out waves 1 though 4 with perfect touches at the channel bounds. Wave 5 higher is still missing.

Lots of charts! Lets get into it...

🧵1/
In both channels we can draw a tight lower boundary, as well as one that captures deviations.

In the smaller channel, #Bitcoin has now broken the tight boundary and consumed the full extent of the Covid deviation.

Is the Luna crash simply another deviation?

🧵2/
Taking a step back to the failed Triangle count, the mistake was to assume that the market did not need to consume the covid deviation. I was wrong.

Break of 33k #Bitcoin invalidated the Triangle and I switched to my alternate count which I will cover next.

🧵3/
Alternate count in more detail. Double combination, with double zigzag in Y.

Is this count complete at the channel boundary?

🧵4/
The price action off the low looks corrective, not impulsive, however, #Bitcoin looked a lot like that after the low in June 2021, so on that basis I think this count could be considered complete as shown.

Bearish alternatives next...

🧵5/
For reference, here is #Bitcoin mid 2021. Corrective price action doesn't necessarily mean we have to put in another low. In one case we went lower, the other we did not.

What we got was an incredible 3 month opportunity to accumulate, so just keep that in mind.

🧵6/
One alternative count is a regular WXY.

This would take #Bitcoin down to it's long term moving averages and provide a more convincing bottom.

I don't like the A wave count because of the Dec liquidation wick, but here it is anyway.

🧵7/
The other alternative for #Bitcoin where there are no ambiguities in the count, is a wave 4 expanded flat with a diagonal in C.

Note this is valid only up to about 37k because 4 needs to be shorter than 2.

🧵8/
Because we are so close to the 200wma it is probable that buyers won't come in until we reach it.

However, because I do not see this as a cycle low (even if we touch it), I think it is equally possible that we maintain the channel and find our wave 5 high first.

🧵9/
3 counts, 1 bullish, 2 short term bearish, but my overall thesis that we are in a primary Wave 4 correction is still valid whether we hit the 200wma or not.

For me, it's just time to DCA across whatever lows the market gives us, and be ready for wave 5.

#Bitcoin

🧵10/

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with DecodeJar

DecodeJar Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @decodejar

May 29, 2023
#Bitcoin Primary Wave 5 Target is 100K.

Also, a lesson on how to measure wave 5 targets (instead of pulling numbers out of thin air) and draw correct Elliott Wave base and trend channels.

Wave 5 can be measured three ways:
- equal the height of wave 1 (68,692)
- 0.618 the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… Image
#Bitcoin Low Time Frame Alternate Count.

The base channel fails as support on the first attempt, but price is contained by the trend channel, before moving higher. Image
#Bitcoin Primary Wave 5 Time Analysis.

The low time frame count looks remarkably similar to the start of wave 3, so if this impulse were to continue rhyming, it would complete before the end of the year. Image
Read 6 tweets
Dec 18, 2022
#Bitcoin Elliott Wave update.

I've updated all the counts I've been tracking. Just counting what I see and posting here for comment.

1/ #BTC Wave 4 ABC correction.

Looks incomplete with one leg lower still to play out. Must complete above 13,870 or invalid.
2/ #BTC Wave 2 Double Zig-Zag correction.

Combination of small zig zag followed by large zig zag. Also incomplete with one leg lower still to play out on #Bitcoin
3/ #BTC Wave 2 Triple Zig-Zag Correction.

The only #Bitcoin count that shows a completed correction with the low already in. It's a rare pattern, so less likely than either of the two above counts, but still a possibility.
Read 5 tweets
Dec 17, 2022
Seems to me the #Bitcoin bottom is more likely in than not. Everyone hates everyone. Everything is scam. Every red candle is some degen getting liquidated. Too much narrative. Too much fear.

If you look at the charts, the #Crypto market as a whole has gone nowhere in six months.
If you're selling out of your positions, instead of taking the opportunity to accumulate and grow them at these levels, I really think you're going to look back and regret that decision.

And I'm not talking trading, I'm talking about opportunity for long term portfolio growth.
There are a lot of strong views on what happens next. Blow off top followed by massive bust? Not my preference.

Most probable to me is that the markets go significantly higher over the next couple of years as the liquidity cycle repeats.

I'm all in and buying as much as I can.
Read 4 tweets
May 29, 2022
Some thoughts on investing in #Bitcoin and #Crypto.

Generally speaking, when the news is universally bad and the sentiment is at all time lows, I am a buyer. I buy slowly and consistently across the months when the market is hunting for a bottom.

1/
My obsession with charts means I am always looking for the exact bottom. I want to know when it is approaching and when it has passed, but my investment timeframe means I have no need to buy the exact candle.

I am just averaging into long term positions.

2/
Historically, Bitcoin has never returned to it's previous high, let alone gone below, so given the huge upside potential, 20-40k seems like a fair value range to me.

Remember I am looking out into a future where BTC is worth well over 100k, and eventually a million.

3/
Read 11 tweets
May 27, 2022
#Bitcoin diagonal in wave C of an expanded flat.

Expecting key trendlines in red to act as short term resistance.

Upside breakout competing above 33k (but below 40.5k) to complete minute wave 4 before reversing lower to complete the count.

1/ Image
#Bitcoin zig-zag in WXY complex correction.

Breakdown to complete the final wave lower in what looks to be a very clear 5 wave impulse.

2/ Image
#Bitcoin WXY with Double ZZ in Y.

The only bullish interpretation i can find, but also the most complex. The more complex the count, the lower the probability.

3/ Image
Read 5 tweets
Mar 21, 2022
A thread of threads. #Bitcoin #Crypto

I believe I've done the due diligence to back my consistent stance that we are in a large wave 4 correction with a wave 5 impulse yet to come.

I spend a great deal of time looking at both side of the coin.

🧵1/5 Image
I considered many bearish macro counts in detail. I wrote a thread here:

You don't see those counts around CT as much anymore. Many of the proponents of them have moved on, posted new counts.

🧵2/5
In considering the large wave 4 correction, I have also always looked at many bearish options.

Today the only bear count I still maintain is the double zig zag. I think it's the only valid option left.

🧵3/5
Read 5 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(