Pre-dawn, MP is working remotely from the roof-top pool at the hotel, preparing for the session @IUPESMWC2022. He gets text on ‘WhatsApp’ from IM
IM: Hey doc, I see that you are checking the slides one final time. BTW, we all are looking forward to your session this morning

1/
MP: Really, how come?
IM: Since #WC2022 is hybrid, even though it is late in some parts, we are looking forward
MP: Thanks–Yes, lot of efforts went in pulling this session. Thanks to Dr Borras (@IOMP & @aapmHQ ) & Dr Tom Judd (@IFBME & @WHO ), even I am looking forward to

2/
IM: BTW doc, my cousin said, she liked your title, “Symbiotic relationship between #MedicalPhysicists and #Clinical Engineers” & so do I.
MP: Glad you liked, hopefully y’all will like what I present

@WelcomeSG
3/
IM: Doc, we all know how important for us, when Medical Physicists (#MPs) & Clinical Engineers (#CEs) work cooperatively. It is like “an engine running smoothly when the wheels are properly aligned, lubricated, etc.…”
MP: Thanks, I couldn’t have said it better.

4/
MP: Thanks – I couldn’t have said it better. Do you mind if I borrow ur statement to share during our discussion?
IM: Off course, yes doc. I see that the session alternates talk between #MPs and #CE.

5/
IM: I see that the session alternates talk between #MPs and #CE. I wish your colleague Dr Richardson (@HikesWithDogs00 ) was here. Nice perspective of MPs & CEs relationships in Radiation Oncology.

6/
MP: I wish that too, however, she will be participating in the live discussion
IM: I also see your friend from South Africa is speaking, no wonder it raises the average level of your session
MP: So, do I, we also have representative from @WHO and #UK as speakers.

7/
IM: Doc, better watch out from my uncle, he is little grumpy and will be asking tough questions

MP: Ha ha (laughs) – you are talking about your cylindrical headed uncle (C-arm w Image Intensifier). Off course he is an ‘OG’, and I will be watch out. Thanks.

8/

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Dr M. Mahesh (ಮಹೇಶ್) (he/him/his)

Dr M. Mahesh (ಮಹೇಶ್) (he/him/his) Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @mmahesh1

Feb 14
Conversation between CT & MP on Valentine's Day (VDay)

CT: What's up doc? what u doing for VDay?
MP: Well, I thought of sharing about cardiac CT scans.
CT: Why?
MP: It’s Go Red month – raising awareness about Women’s heart health. What better way to talk about heart scans.
1/
MP: What better way to talk about Coronary Artery Calcium (CAC) scans, since we can do it at such low radiation dose levels.
CT: Doc, we try to keep u away from ‘Nerd Central’, but u aren’t making our work easy

MP: Off course, I will do all things others do on VDay plus this
2/ Image
CT: Why?

MP: You know there is a general fear of radiation in public, because of which even those who may benefit from heart scans hesitate. I thought my work is to take some fear out.

CT: Are you talking about only CAC score scans but also cardiac CT Angiography (CTA)?

3/ Image
Read 7 tweets
Dec 30, 2023
Food Diaries:
‘Maddur Vade’ (ಮದ್ದೂರು ವಡೆ)

Components:
A.1 cup of Rice Flour
B.½ cup of Maida Powder (All Purpose Flour)
C.½ cup of Sooji (Rave) (Semolina)
D.2 medium size onions (Vidalia or Red)
E.1 T-spoon of red chilli powder
F.4 green chillies

1/ Image
G.Pinch of Asafoetida & Turmeric Powder, Salt to taste
H.Oil

Main labor
1.Mix A + B + C + D + E + F + G.
2.Heat ~5T Spoon of oil & pour to the mix.
3.Slowly mix – onions w salt will bring out moisture so add water carefully so that the mix can be rolled into tight dough

2/ Image
4.Take small dough & tap into as flat as possible in hand or on a parchment paper, which makes it easy to lift up for deep frying.
5.Deep fry & don’t burn!
6.Maddur Vade is ready for consumption!

3/ Image
Read 7 tweets
Dec 1, 2023
Conversations between CT & MP re @RSNA meeting

CT: Hey doc, how was #RSNA2023 & how did your session go?

MP: Great, so was the RSNA After Dark Party – it seems like it was more crowded than last year.

CT: Seems like it, especially from all the photos you tweeted.

1/ Image
MP: As usual, #RSNA2023 was rich w scientific & educational sessions.

CT: What about plenary sessions, I know u like going to those?

MP: Plenary sessions are always great w unique & highly acclaimed talks.

2/ Image
CT: You also told sometime, attendees go there to take a short nap

MP: Well, that happens too, since most are tired walking the halls & if the speaker is not engaging, certainly takes a nap.

CT: What was excitement in the technical exhibits?

3/
Read 12 tweets
Oct 28, 2023
Food Diaries: Happy Halloween
Pumpkins used carving are different from Edible Pumpkins

"Pumpkin Gojju aka ಕುಂಬಳಕಾಯಿ ಗೊಜ್ಜು" is done using edible pumpkin.

Protocol:
Mysore Pumpkin Gojju (ಮೈಸೂರು ಕುಂಬಳಕಾಯಿ ಗೊಜ್ಜು)
With:
A: Pumpkin (1/2 of medium size) (ಕುಂಬಳಕಾಯಿ)

1/ Image
For Spice Paste:
B: 1 cup of Hurigadale (ಹುರಿಗಡಲೆ)
C: 1 Cup fresh coconut (ತೆಂಗಿನಕಾಯಿ) or dry coconut (
D: 2 T-spoon of Sesame Seeds (ಎಳ್ಳು), 4-6 red chilies (ಕೆಂಪು ಮೆಣಸಿನಕಾಯಿ),
E: Curry Leaves (ಕರಿಬೆವು ಸೊಪ್ಪು)
F: Asteofitida (Hing/ ಹಿಂಗು), Ginger piece (ಶುಂಠಿ)

2/ Image
G: Seasoning items: Mustard, Cumin seeds (ಜೀರಿಗೆ), Urad dal, Red chilies
G: Jaggery (ಬೆಲ್ಲ), Asteofitida (Hing/ ಹಿಂಗು)
H: Curry leaves & finely chopped coriander (ಕೊತುಂಬರಿ ಸೊಪ್ಪು)

3/ Image
Read 9 tweets
Oct 8, 2023
Excellent article in special issue of @RadioGraphics on Community outreach in breast imaging - What can be done to close the gap in uninsured population Image
Variables that affect access to screening mammography - obvious but are to be minimized so as to increase access Image
Inspire of Affordable Health Care, there is still many people do not have health insurance, among them the highest are found in American Indian and Alaska Native and Hispanic - sad state! Image
Read 8 tweets
Sep 9, 2023
Bogota Dairies:

Visit to Laguna de Guatavita was truly a magical experience - re how colonizers destroyed indigenous people & their customs.

Story: Muisca tribe respected & considered Laguna de Guatavita very sacred. Early spaniards were told gold was dumped in laguna Image
Lake Guatavita was reputedly one of the sacred lakes of the Muisca, and a ritual conducted there is widely thought to be the basis for the legend of El Dorado, "the golden one"
. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Guat…
Spaniards went in search of gold, tried to empty the laguna by digging a break through the mountain. Most work was done by enslaved locals. Tried to drain water to find gold, but were disappointed with a very little find.
Now Laguna de Guatavita is protected

2/ Image
Read 7 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(