With all the current talk about "DCA during this bear market into your favorite blue chip" , I thought it may be time to talk about the mistake that is made by nearly EVERY influencer. BUYING DOWNTRENDS.

A thread discussing uptrends/downtrends, and when to "DCA" . $BTC🧵👇 Image
2/

in order to understand WHEN to buy, you must first know which direction the asset is going in...UP or DOWN. we ONLY buy uptrends...why? Well, if you buy downtrends, you are LIKELY to lose money immediatley, since the value is going down nearly daily. $BTC is down 70% 👇 Image
3/ so, lets first identify WHAT an uptrend is. There are only 2 trends - uptrend or downtrend. each are defined by 2 things. for an uptrend you need a Higher high, and a higher low . below is an example of an uptrend for $BTC. higher Highs (HH) and higher lows (HL). We DCA this. Image
4/ the green vertical lines represent us buying - with cash - each month on the 1st. 12 buys, all going up in value. $200 each time, that's $2400. PLUS our value increases each time. we are winning. $2400 turns into roughly $60k. You're a crypto pro! right Welp...things change👇 Image
5/ now we start seeing Lower highs (LH) and lower lows (LL) which is a DOWNTREND. time for us to DCA, right? So, lets buy buy buy the DIP! "You're getting a discount" influencers often say. Lets do the math. one buy a month, you add $600 and lose 50% of your value. now $30,600😬 Image
6/ but wait! we're back!!! more uptrend! we add 4 more buys, and increase vale another 10%...now we have $67k! LAMBO SEWN. who needs a financial advisor? CHARTS ARE DUMB!!! ASTROLOGY FOR MEN! Image
7/ then...it happens. the BIG downtrend starts. i dont need to mark in in the chart, you can see how the lower highs line up.

you never got a SINGLE DOLLAR of profits, and put in ANOTHER 7 buys ($1400) ...nothing to show for your money, which BTW is down 70% now...($21,500) Image
8/
$21k is nothing to be sad about... but is it $70k ? which one would you RATHER have? wouldn't you like to have $70 worth of #USDC ready to buy BTC at the bottom? last time you had a small fraction of that. where's the bottom? well, weekly says the knife is still falling Image
9/

IF this were the bottom(its not), and previous ATH gets hit (likely for BTC), you've now made $150,000 with your $67k, and added NO NEW MONEY. No need as you have stables to deploy. If you DCA and it took a year, you'd be at $69k. you make DOUBLE by selling the downtrend😬 Image
10/
still thinking - "But I don't wanna stop buying, I can afford it, I'm a long term investor". GOOD. now, instead of buying BTC or ANYTHING that drops in value in a downtrend, buy $USDC or your fav stable coin. when you get a buy signal, deploy your stables. below 8 USDC buys. Image
11/ you now have an extra $1600 SO FAR in $USDC to buy with, and a downward 8/21 EMA cross, so you sold the $BTC you have , and the moment you get a buy signal You'll have MORE $ to increase your position EVEN MORE. TA gets you more $, and saves you on the way down EVEN LONG TERM Image
12/ this is just a simple and quick breakdown of WHEN to DCA and when NOT to DCA into an asset. start on the weekly chart, and work your way down. reduce risk and exposure, make more $, and ACTUALLY take profits! Our discord talks about this 10ll the time, check us out! 👇
13/ like minded peeps, working together to develop a better strategy than the rest. TA for the masses, one person at a time. General chat is free, and fully unlocks with Patreon membership! discord.gg/rSugr4FuuK
14/ patreon.com/CarolinaKeith?… here's the patreon link! $16 gets you full access, pay for a year and get 10% off! we have charts of all different types, THOUSANDS worth or educational material, and it pays for itself in no time! SEE ya'll there!

END 🧵

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕗𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕠𝕣 𝕂𝕖𝕚𝕥𝕙 (book on the way 💯)

ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕗𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕠𝕣 𝕂𝕖𝕚𝕥𝕙 (book on the way 💯) Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @Carolinakeith_1

Apr 17, 2023
after 5 years of doing this TA stuff as an "influencer" in crypto, I've finally started to learn my place in the rank.

a thread, with a short story. 🧵
/2

I had a chance to talk with a professional IT guy the other day, just sittin on the front porch, while havin an ice cold tranny beer (BL).

During our convo, this question was brought up to me:

"how do you do this? Like, how do you afford this stuff? like are you a scammer?
/3

(yes he really asked me that).

I explained - "I'm a pro trader. I live off the income I make from trading. No trades, no food. It beats the hell outta fixing AC units in the summer!"

Him - ""isn't that a scam? I dont have time to do that, id rather just keep buying stocks "
Read 14 tweets
Aug 23, 2022
TA beats the news A LOT... as a T.A guy, I talk about this, to no avail most of the times. we will use the RECENT news on Regal cinemas potential bankruptcy as an example, and a thread to explain what i mean 🙏

1/ 🧵👇
2/
let's start with REGAL cinema. News TODAY of a - potential - bankruptcy "cause the stocks to dump". I chose to show you something else... here's REGALs parent group CINEWORLD. as you see, a weekly sell (8/21ema) on 6/21/21...thats over a year ago (not today). Image
3/
furthermore, here's a CLEAR look at it NOT breaking the basic trend line to show bullish/bearish (under is bearish). Again, basic stuff, simple risk management. there was NO reason to buy this, other than "i have a feeling". Image
Read 12 tweets
Aug 18, 2022
some $BTC #Bitcoin historical data for you , in thread form: 🧵👇

1/ Image
2/

using a weekly HTF (High time frame) chart, first we see a historic 9+ year trend that started all the way back in April of 2013. MOST of you weren't in #crypto then (I wasn't) , but we use historical data to show us precedent. History is cyclical. Image
3/

Secondly, we see that once a weekly 200ma(red line) formed, HISTORICALLY #btc hasn't stayed under it for very long...7 weeks twice, and once only 5 days. Likewise, the trend line - in a sense - "lines up " with the 200ma during bear markets. Image
Read 13 tweets
Jul 7, 2022
1/
2008 BANKS with housing vs 2022 Crypto exhanges with YOUR ASSETS.

there are some rather eerie similarities here, and I think It's worth pointing out.

I've said it 1000 times if I have said it one...Mistakes are OK, if you learn .

they didn't learn

🧵👇
2/
as many know, the 2008 Real estate mess happened thanks to some SUPER selfish thinking, EXTREMELY degenerate bets, and some RATHER OVERALL lack of risk management

sound familiar? I'm Not talking about 3AC, Celcius, or Voyager...YET

simply put, they had "money in the bank"
3/
Nope, it was the BIGGEST and BRIGHTEST TEAMS from the banking industry who had a great Idea...lets make leveraged bets that the real estate market will ALWAYS be bullish. People always pay their payments...what's the worst that could happen?
Read 15 tweets
Jun 7, 2022
1/
Lets clear up some misconceptions about Technical Analysis, or "charts". Far too often people think reading the chart is for "day trading" and I'm often told "im not interested in day trading, I'm an investor". lets go over how you can invest BETTER for 5 mins a day 🧵👇
2/
T.A. is nothing more than risk reduction...we take a BROAD TARGET, reduce it down to a smaller target, and make a better decision on our buys and sells because of that. You SAVE as much money AS YOU MAKE using T.A. How is that possible? Let's explain in picture form. 👇
3/
You can see here that I sold all of my $ALGO into stable coins on November 18th, 2021. Why? Because the chart said sell. We got sigbals on MANY indicators on many timeframes, and we saw the writing on the wall. So far I've SAVED 80% OF MY PORTFOLIO, or in my case $16k.
Read 11 tweets
May 25, 2022
1/
There are some common misconceptions that come with being a "chart guy" . What does that even mean? How does "astrology for men" (common insult i get) actually tell you whats happening behind the scenes? Let's have a little lesson on what being a Technical Analyst means .🧵👇
2/
First and foremost, charts are the core of what I do. I WILL NOT buy anything until the chart says so. I GENERALLY START ON THE MONTH CHARTS. that's right folks...long term first. Wanna "HODL" a bag? Well, the monthly shows us - general direction -. example below is $ETH Image
3/

If we use our basics here, we see the downtrend breaks MONTHLY near 3-4/1/20, and a 8/21 EMA BULLISH cross follows shortly after that. So, on a monthly chart (this means a long time) feel free to HODL as we are now in an UPTREND for SEVERAL months. Not so "short term". Image
Read 13 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(