- Reducing drug prices, increasing access to Telehealth... all contribute toward reducing healthcare in US by up to 80%
- Big pharma is in opposition to this. Hence the big anti-Trump pharmacy ads recently
- Massive price reduction - more than any effort in 51 yrs
POTUS on COVID's silver lining in healthcare:
- Telemedicine benefits rural healthcare
- 135 new health services now available via telehealth
- 43% of all medicare primary care visits in APR were via Telehealth
- Telemedicine benefits rural healthcare; funding provided.
- Today we have reached a historic agreement w/ Kodak to manufacture drugs in US (Rochester, NY)
- Trump admin is finalizing this deal as we speak
- Kodak will enable us to manufacture generic drugs
- Using Defense Prod. Act: $765 mill loan to launch Kodak Pharmaceuticals
The Fed Loan to Kodak Pharmaceuticals will be @realDonaldTrump’s 33rd use of the Defense Production Act.
To be paid back over 25 yrs.
POTUS: Today is the first step to building the greatest medical arsenal in the world.
POTUS on School Safety during China Virus:
- Schools must open in the fall
- 99% of all virus fatalities are in adults
- Wellbeing of America's children is always our top priority
- Schools can/should reopen so long as they follow safety protocols
- Families must ult. decide
- Permanent shutdown leads to more mortality and irreversible harms.
- CDC to provide additional guidance today on how schools can reopen safely.
- This isn't about politics; we're asking Congress to provide 105 Bill toward helping schools safely reopen.
- Biden's China policy was a series of gifts to the Communist Party (i.e., Paris Climate Accord)
- America lost nearly 10k factories while Joe Biden was VP
- Biden a politician 47 yrs; why didn't he fix anything he's complaining about now?
POTUS at Rose Garden:
- Biden did nothing but make bad decisions - especially on foreign policy.
- Allowed China to plunder our manufacturing/industry, steal our intellectual property, and pillage state secrets.
- Dems now want to defund military; while China BUILDS its military.
- Consistent decline in cases across major cities
- There is a hunger for getting our country back; and it’s happening faster than we think
- Every Gov has more ventilators than they know what to do with
- Collaboration with the private sector to develop testing capabilities has been unprecedented
- Top Executives across the US to make major contributions
- Quest Diagnostics: 10 mill tests by end of May
- Labcorp; 45 days ago, we could do 2k tests per day; now it is at 60k
#NEW: Labcorp to ensure at home test kits are available with no upfront cost to the consumer.
- Country is reopening; infection rates consistently going down actoss the nation
- Signed Paycheck Protection Plan fund replenishment today
- Direct payments to 81 million Americans. With families, average check ~$3k
- FDA working round the clock to cut down needless barriers to ensure safe testing is distributed
- Process that usually takes years; condensed into weeks and months
- 63 diagnostic and antibodies tests approved
- First home test officially approved
- FEMA, HHS, Private sector working together to coordinate supplies and shipments to states nationwide
- 5.1 million Americans have been tested for Coronavirus as of this morning; compared to last month 80k tested
- 2hr call w/Governors; all implementing fed resources
- House ready to pass latest addition to Paycheck Relief
- Wealthy Institutions like Harvard, Stanford to return stimulus $
- 46 states reported drops in daily Coronavirus cases
- Continued diligence essential part of strategy @OANN
- 52k academic articles being screened by AI in collaboration with top tech leaders to ensure we are cultivating the best data
- Metro areas continue to show signs infection rates have peaked
- Encouraging reports regarding Sunlight and it’s effect on this virus
- States like Missouri, Texas, and Pennsylvania following WH Guidelines for reopening, and adding regions guidances
- The administration will continue to work closely with the states to provide the latest data to inform their reopening plans
CDC’s Dr. Redfield:
- CNN misconstrued statement; actual statement was about upcoming fall and winter bringing in flu cases that may complicate efforts.
- My comments were to appeal to Americans to embrace the flu vaccine
Fake news ignores the truth, ignores the Administration’s incredible successes; after panicking for weeks about ventilators, no one in fake news talks about ventilators anymore. We did such a good job fake news doesn’t want to cover it.
- Admin working closely with governors to ensure they have strategies in place to mitigate spread for the most vulnerable
- Technical assistance through one on one phone calls via @VP
- Dr. Ben Carson to spearhead economic initiatives for African American communities
- Senate just passed the PPP and funding for hospitals and testing. $382 Bill for small businesses
- As the ink is drying and the House votes on the Senate bill tomorrow, Sec Mnuchin will begin work on Phase 4 relief
- 30 states have 1 case per 1000
- 30 mill American Jobs affected by Paycheck Protection Plan; hope to have Senate vote by tomorrow
- US is filling up its oil reserves- 75 mill barrels to be added on top of current levels
- States have now tremendous capacity for testing
- Gov Cuomo agrees with Administration that states should lead on the testing front
- Gov Cuomo to visit @WhiteHouse, 4/21
- US in a great position to help other countries with ventilators (10k in US stockpile)
General Semonite, US Army Corps of Engineers:
- Coordinated w/ HHS, FEMA, TaskForce
- Constructed major hospitals across the country
- 16k bed capacity
- Assessing sites in collaboration with mayors and governors
- Building Wall on southern border, 4K contractors on ground
- Treasury has sent relief checks to over 80 mill Americans - IRS.gov/getmypayment
- Out of 80 mill deposits less than 1% experienced minor problems
- Dept Ag implementing $19 BILL relief program for farmers/ranchers @OANN
AG Sec Sonny Purdue:
- Ag Relief Program is in 2 parts 1) $16 bill in direct payments 2) USDA will purchase $3 Bill in food to give to food banks and faith groups to help distribute food to those in need.
- Over 5 mill testing swabs being sent out to Governors
- Will significantly help increase testing capacity
- Ventilators being produced for the national stockpile; did not need as much as first estimated but US still producing for the stockpile
- The US has built the most robust testing system in the world
- Through it all we have seen the heroism of our medical community and our citizens in a national endeavor.
- Our strategy has saved hundreds of thousands
- 30% of the country has reported no new Coronavirus cases
- The US has achieved a significantly lower mortality rate than any other country
- Now is time for the next front of this war: Reopening our Country
- To preserve our health we must preserve our economy
#BREAKING: Three phases of reopening to be laid out...
- Not all at once but one step at a time
- Sheltering the highest risk individuals
- State by State decision
- Governors need to tailor their needs accordingly
- We will support the governors’ and their decisions
- Inability of WHO to obtain Coronavirus samples from China is testament to their suspicious allegiances.
- Had WHO done its job the outbreak could have been contained at its source in China.
- Instead WHO took all China statements at face value, pushed misinfo.
- US will find other ways to cooperate with other countries on the worldwide health front.
- US to redirect aid to more effective groups/health partners unless WHO reforms itself.
- No hospital in the US has had to turn away patients for lack of ventilators.
- US continues to make progress; infection rates across nation going flat.
- Charts and models early on estimated way more fatalities than latest data are showing.
Dr. Fauci: 1. Much lower death rate than first thought 2. Must focus on getting testing to demographics most at risk - data continues to show disparities across demographics 3. Addresses interview from yesterday: clarifies this Administration is not at fault.
Members of White House Press Corps apparently upset that Dr. Fauci correcting the record and praising Trump Administration’s early action and willingness to act upon data and expert advice.
Terse voices challenging dates, times, and whether Fauci was “coerced” to say it. @OANN
- 19 Therapies being tested now
- HydroxyChloroquine and ZPaks being distributed for use by doctors at discretion
- Admin working w/ Congress to implement Paycheck Protection
- dept of Ed 6bill for students impacted by suspended classes
VP Pence: We continue to see evidence that we are reaching or at the peak - America is succeeding against this virus.