Helps you be safer in the cyber world 🌐; Advocate for Privacy and Digital Freedom; sometimes about Productivity👨💻. Founder & Chapter Lead @nullBoston
Jan 20 • 11 tweets • 4 min read
iOS vs. GrapheneOS
In terms of #privacy and #security, GrapheneOS absolutely crushes iOS on so many levels. A few awesome features are listed here.
@GrapheneOS is an #opensource operating system based on AOSP, focused on #security and #privacy. It is designed to be used on mobile devices, and includes features such as verified boot, sandboxing, and exploit mitigations.
Dec 31, 2022 • 12 tweets • 6 min read
Be safer online in 2023 by following these basic tips.
- Twitter algorithm #opensource
(What does the algorithm do exactly? Is it harmful or actually doing any good? No algorithm - sort by timeline)
- Try our best to achieve free speech (not a fan of censorship, but we also have to follow the law of the land)
Nov 15, 2022 • 5 tweets • 1 min read
Signal has a new feature that is very social media-y called "stories" which (puts on out-of-touch hat) is apparently an instagram thing. Before y'all go being all social-y in an E2EE messaging app, please do not choose "All Signal Connections" (1/5)
without extreme caution.
"All Signal Connections" includes:
🌟Everyone you've ever messaged.
🌟Everyone in a Signal group you've ever been in.
🌟Everyone in your address book if you connected it to signal (which until now I considered safe b/c no one knew but you) even if (2/5)
Oct 2, 2022 • 14 tweets • 7 min read
- Support Mozilla Foundation and its browser - Firefox
- Chromium-based browsers are becoming a monopoly
- Contributing to open source software is how the internet will thrive and be open to all without any censorship
- Some useful extensions that you can use for your @firefox
I support the vision of a better, healthier internet from @mozilla, will you join me?
In a public debate with Just Security‘s David Cole at Johns Hopkins University, former Director of the NSA and CIA, General Michael Hayden made the provocative remark, “We Kill People Based on Metadata.”
Beware of scammers who target you via calls/SMS/ emails for updating ur KYC details as ur account/card is blocked, availing an increased credit card limit, earning cashback points/rewards, or availing a loan/top-up on a loan.
Don't fall prey to such scams.
Here are our DO's and DON'Ts to protect yourself and stay safe online:
- Always visit the official website for the Bank’s contact details -> Bookmark the website and save the credentials in ur Password Manager with the URL
- Keep your password strong and unique
Aug 4, 2022 • 9 tweets • 5 min read
Why you should avoid using Chinese phones and apps like Tiktok asap?