Free startup idea: Online course for celebrities how to monetize their telegram channels full of gullible fans that neither trust science nor media. /s
- Every bad review or investigation is an attack against you and only proves that you are right.
- Sell any product by claiming it helps against whatever you tell them to fear.
- Ask people to just give you money, because your fight against the evil powers is expensive. /s
- Allow them to invest in a made up project to get more money in less time. Sadly it doesn't work out and all money is gone. Give them equity in the next project to make them whole again, but they will have to double their investment. Repeat.
- Cross-pollinate other channels. /s
Let the markets do their thing. Give the money to the people and it will trickle up to the companies who provide the people with the things and services they need.
Austria plans to give a billion euros to an airline. Instead it could give each employee 100k€. Let the employees decide, if they want to rescue their airline or do something else. Rescue the planet for example.
People who found this research interesting also followed @niki_popper.
Austria hast 44k regular hospital beds and 2,5k intensive care unit (ICU) beds. There are no official numbers, but based on past occupancy, around 80% are currently in use. addendum.org/coronavirus/wi…
I collected them and try to answer them in this thread. /0
I used the Twitter Standard API to collect the Tweets. The full query was: “OmaUmweltsau OR umweltsau OR nazisau OR wdr OR wdr2 OR UmweltsauOma OR UmweltsauGate OR k2912 OR TomBuhrow OR Buhrow”.
Time frame 2019-12-27 6am to 2019-12-30 6am. /1
Including "wdr" and "wdr2" increased the number of false positives. After looking at Tweets that wouldn't be in the dataset, I came to the conclusion that including them creates a more complete picture.
Comparison to Tweets before the outrage showed low background noise. /2
Today a 21-pages document was sent to at least 22 members of the European parliament. The authors claim to „have clear evidence of US meddling in this EU law making process“ and that a full release will happen in the next days.
They are wrong and here is why. /1
Good: They are transparent about how they came to their conclusion and what tools they used. Else this thread would have ended like the last one.
The false core claim: 23%-47% of mentions of anti copyright directive campaign hashtag mentions came from the US. /2
Biggest mistake: They presented location data by @Talkwalker without questioning it.
The used the full version, but the free version is enough to prove my point that the location data is not trustworthy.
). Thanks to socialblade we know that it had 16 580 followers on the day before the @unge hack. Based on that I was able to reconstruct the followers. /2
We don't know when the followers followed the account, but we know when their accounts were created. Until 2017 it could be organic (popularity of Twitter in Germany). But in April 2017 there is an unnatural increase.
- I was contacted by the journalists about their investigation but never got an answer to my reply (attached).
- I was approached by Botswatch in Person in 2017 and did a video call with their team to explain my approach (unpaid).
The article doesn't explain how the bots were identified. Therefore it's impossible to confirm or falsify the claim.
I know of three approaches:
- Machine learning (botometer, botrnot, etc.). Features of accounts are compared to features of known bots (learning set). /3