3. While entering make sure to wear thick boots or shoes as most common injury is trauma from sharp objects.
6. Use emergency battery powered light while entering.
9. Start cleaning your house by forst washing off the mud with water.
12. Items that can't be moved to be sun dried should be cleaned with bleaching powder solution.
13. In case of encounter with live wire or broken high voltage lines please contact KSEB ON 94-96-061-061
15. Clothes, sheets which are affected can be washed after being soaked in boiling water for 3 minutes.
17. Ensure proper and thorough cleaning of fruits and vegetables before consumption.
18. Clean out any utensils vessels pots etc with bleaching powder.
20. Mosquito breeding sites must be cleaned with bleaching powder to prevent expansion of breeding sites.
22. Always wash hands with soap and water before handling food and after using toilet.
25. Dead animals or birds should be given deep burial and the area should be sprayed with bleaching powder.
In cholera there is watery diarrhoea.
Dysentery has bloody diarrhoea.
In both cases hydration is main treatment.
- boil water for 1-2 minutes
- if boiling not possible use 1 chlorine tablet for 20L as it kills upto 99% organisms.
28. Keep out flies from contaminating food and drinks as they are source of diarrhoeal disease.
Hepatitis A vaccine is available for those who are exposed to the disease within 2 weeks of exposure. Symptoms of hepatitis are decreased appetite, nausea, vomiting, very yellow urine, yellow eyes etc
Prevention is better than cure.
We are all with you!