5. Before going home at end of shift: place pen, stethoscope and hospital notes in a plastic resealable bag after cleaning them with alcohol 70%. Leave them in hospital if possible.
6. ‘Bare below elbows’ in hospital
8. Use cheap or old shoes if possible while going to hospital & throw them away when the pandemic is over.
9. Clean stethoscope with 70% alcohol
18. Maintain some distance even at home with other family members.
19. Maintain strict social distancing from elderly people at home as they are at very high risk of death if they contract infection.
21. Try to quit smoking as local lung immunity is less in current smokers
22. Strict control of diabetes as poor control carries a higher risk of death due to infection.