Lt. Col. (R) Peter Lerner Profile picture
Jun 2, 2021 5 tweets 4 min read Read on X
I don't know why @VICENews removed #Hamas leader Sinwar interview with @HindHassanNews. I've got clips of the video uploaded
First clip - Sinwar admitting he miscalculated Israel's response to his orders to "send a message" by attacking Jerusalem with rockets.
1/4
Second clip - Sinwar rationalizing the reason for declaring war on Israel from #Gaza
2/ 4
Here's where Sinwar says the war will continue forever, in an endless battle, because Israel exists. Says the people deserve peace (doesn't say how or what he's willing to do for it), blame the world for not stopping Israel (following Hamas miscalculated attack on Jerusalem)
3/4
When asked about Hamas war crimes for attacking Israeli civilians he basically says - "I came to a gunfight with a knife". Lies about Israel intentionally bombing children and women and says that if he had advanced weapons he wouldn't have bombed Israeli cities.
4/4
Here's the original @VICENews tweet and video that was deleted today. Also @rafsanchez @DovLieber & @POTUS popped up on my push notifications 😂

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Lt. Col. (R) Peter Lerner

Lt. Col. (R) Peter Lerner Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @LTCPeterLerner

Aug 29
𝟑𝟎.𝟕% 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝟕𝟏.𝟑% 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐇𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐬’ 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐧 𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟕 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭

The @IDF revealed today the lengths to which #Hamas will go to maintain its grip on power, even as it faces declining support among the Palestinian population. Here are 3 observations:

1. 𝐂𝐲𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐏𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐜 𝐎𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧:
The IDF's exposure of documents from Hamas' General Security reveals Hamas’ effort to falsify the results of public opinion surveys conducted by the Palestinian Center for Policy and Survey Research (PSR). These actions are part of a broader, sinister strategy by Hamas to fabricate an illusion of widespread support for its violent activities and leadership, particularly in the aftermath of the October 7th massacre.

2. 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧:
This falsification of survey data is not merely an act of propaganda; it is a sign of the organization’s desperation. As Hamas faces mounting challenges, both internally and externally, it resorts to tactics to project strength and unity that do not truly exist. By distorting the truth, Hamas seeks to maintain its stranglehold on Palestinian society, manipulating the very people it claims to represent.

3. 𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐥𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐥 𝐌𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐚: The international community and global media (and also some of the Israeli defense agencies) use @KShikaki opinion polls to gauge policy, public support and popular sentiment. The amount of times I was asked about the war effort increasing support for Hamas was extensive. These actions by Hamas should serve as a stark warning, I’m afraid they won’t.

Hamas’ attempts to falsify public opinion surveys are twofold:
First solidification of its power internally. And second, an attempt to show the world that Israel is not able to win the war and by doing so force a ceasefire before Hamas has been dismantled.
This manipulation is yet another example of the organization’s diabolical nature, as it seeks to entrench itself further through lies and violence.
1/4Image
More translated questions and results of the poll. 2/4

Original Arabic document 3/4

Read 4 tweets
Apr 1
#Al_Shifa_Hospital is in the headlines today. After two weeks of operations, the @IDF retreated from the location that can only be described as Hamas' northern fortress. From here, Hamas, together with the Islamic Jihad, planned, conducted, and executed their operations. Here's what happened. 1/6
The battleground. 2/6 Image
Hamas prepared Shifa for the war scenario. 3/6
Read 6 tweets
Mar 25
This evening rockets were launched from #Gaza towards Ashdod. From a location the @IDF has yet to conduct ground operations. 1/4 Image
After the launch the @IAFsite targeted the launch site. 2/4
Here’s how close the terrorists position their launchers to people taking refuge in a rural area trying to get out of harms way. 3/4
Read 4 tweets
May 9, 2023
In anticipation for Islamic Jihad and perhaps Hamas response. I want to share that I’m heartbroken over the loss of innocent civilian lives in the @IDF counter terrorist strikes overnight. Regardless of borders, each life is precious. 1/8
The complexity of these operations is immense. No matter how precise @IDF weaponry and intelligence are, innocents always pay a heavy price in the struggle to balance national security with the sanctity of life. Every possible measure must be taken to protect all civilians. 2/8
The @IDF mission is to neutralize threats, not harm innocents. The unfortunate loss of civilian lives in Gaza is a grave reminder of the challenges of this mission. 3/8
Read 8 tweets
Mar 25, 2020
I've been asked by several friends what I think of the government communication strategy & activity of the #COVID19 #Crisis in #Israel.
I'll begin by saying that I believe that @netanyahu @moshebst & @IsraelMOH are really busy trying to save lives. Here we go.. Thread 1/
Any crisis communication plan needs to be based on four core elements: preparedness, strategy, execution, and evaluation. I'll try and give my two pence, based on my experience as an @IDF spokesperson in times of crisis. 2/
Preparedness is critical for #crisis comms. It places processes prior to the crisis, it determines who makes decisions when there is an internal conflict, it allocates resources for management, it mitigates the element of surprise, it makes sure everyone's on the same page. 3/
Read 19 tweets
May 4, 2019
Analysis on #Gaza - #Israel situation:
1. Yesterday's violent cross-border riots were planned to escalate the situation. They resulted in 2 Palestinian deaths.
2. #Hamas proved it controls the extent of the riots after the last round.
(image Amnon Ziv) ...... >
3. Hamas is attempting to draw #Israel into a higher level of friction in order to increase its gains from the negotiations.
4. It's failures of the last year, civilian strife that continues, rift with the PA and the internal political pressures remain its core interest --->
5. #Israel is at a turning point after shots fired and wounded IDF officers. The retaliation was clear but measured.
6. #Israeli leadership, is free of elections but doesn't want an escalation before Eurovision. Hamas sees it as a bargaining chip. (Image social media)
--->
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(