Inner City Press Profile picture
Jun 11, 2021 5 tweets 5 min read Read on X
Here at 12:13 pm is @UN_Spokesperson Spox Haq in the UN Press Briefing Room from which Inner City Press is banned by UNSG @AntonioGuterres. It has emailed him Qs on Tigray, #Uganda, #Nigeria, SG scam "election, #Chad #Belarus #Cameroon, #Honduras, thread below
Inner City Press asked Haq, "On Uganda, on which you have refused to answer Press' Qs about the digital ID system which excludes people from vaccination, what are UN's comments and actions if any on that Uganda has recorded its highest number of coronavirus cases
Inner City Press asked, "On Ethiopia and Tigray what are the comments and actions if any of SG Guterres on that Ethiopia's electoral board has postponed until September elections in Somali and Harari. The voting will also not take place in Tigray
Inner City Press asked Haq, "On Nigeria on which each of you has refused to answer Inner City Press' questions, what now are the comments of SG Guterres and separately DSG @AminaJMohammed & @MelissaFleming on that the US has condemned Nigeria's ban on Twitter,
So @UN_Spokesperson Haq had only four questioners, none of the about questions were asked (in fact, he bragged about the UN working around US sanctions on Iran, as with Afrasiabi). Then @UN_PGA dep spox named the uncontested UNSC winner but not vote totals. #fail

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Inner City Press

Inner City Press Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @innercitypress

May 16
[Mea Culpa podcast is played, Cohen congratulating Bragg with whom he spent countless hours]
Trump's lawyer Blanche: You never met Alvin Bragg, right?
Cohen: Correct
Blanche: And this next podcast, let me play B25 for you
[Cohen puts on headphones. Then for jury
[Cohen saying he wants to see Trump in jail]
Trump's lawyer Blanche: You said your work played a large role in the indictment of President Trump, right?
Cohen: Correct.
Blanche: You responded to this Truth by President Trump?
Cohen: I'm not on Truth Social
Trump's lawyer Blanche: On April 21, 2024 you said you were mentally excited about this trial beginning?
Cohen: Yes.
Blanche: You knew a DANY paralegal was monitoring your social media and still tweeted this?
Cohen: I did.
Blanche: You testified 7 x to Congress?
Read 63 tweets
May 16
OK - now #TrumpTrial with Michael Cohen still on cross examination by Blanche; Cohen booklet coming, here's on Stormy:
If like and can: paypalme/matthewleeICP
Venmo: [at] Matthew-Lee-675
Inner City Press will live tweet, thread belowamazon.com/dp/B0D3XRBQG5
Trump is here, blue suit, red tie, talking to Todd Blanche to his right. Pool photos taken, kerfuffle solved.
All rise!
Clerk: This is the People of the State of New York against Donald J. Trump!
Justice Merchan: Any updates on scheduling?
Trump's lawyer Todd Blanche: May we approach?
[Sidebar - Bove goes up, Susan Nechless stays at defense table, Bove's empty seat away from Trump. They do not speak, at least not this time]
Read 12 tweets
May 15
OK - now US v. Menendez, jury selection stretch run, Judge Stein says could/should be done by lunch with opening statements in the afternoon. Inner City Press is covering the case - Patreon below - and will live tweet, thread below
Prospective juror 61: I studied in Bronx Community College to be electrician, now I care for my mother.
Judge Stein: You live with a spouse? A wife?
61: I am divorced. My girlfriend is personal assistant too. My mother is 80-more year old. Juanito Peralta, 61
Good morning! I'm Senator 63. I mean, Juror 63. I live in Harlem New York, work on brands. I get Apple News. I design different things, I'm a saxophonist
Judge Stein: We lost one of the saxophone tribe the other day.
63: Sorry.
Judge: David Sanborn
Read 78 tweets
May 14
OK - now US v. Menendez jury selection still ongoing, nearing end of second day. Inner City Press has been covering the case and will live tweet, thread below
Juror 42, I'm single. I have two sons, one is a bartender in Miami. My other son is in maintenance.
Judge: Level of education?
42: High school
Judge: Ma'am, we'll end with you.
Juror 40: I have a masters in library science. NYT, WaPo, WNYC. Social media, Instagram
Judge Stein: Once I finish this round [tomorrow] lawyers will use their peremptories and we should have a jury by the end of the morning.
[And then openings? - if so, Inner City Press aims to live tweet them]
Watch this feed
Read 6 tweets
May 14
OK - in #TrumpTrial Michael Cohen set to be crossed today by Blanche not Bove or Nechless who crossed Stormy (audio / book:
If like and can paypalme/matthewleeICP Venmo: [at] Matthew-Lee-675
Trump is here, blue suit and tie of yellow or gold, talking to Todd Blanche in lead counsel's seat at defense table.
All rise!
Clerk: This the People of the State of New York against the People of the State of New York!
Prosecutor: May we approach?
[Sidebar]
[During the whispered sidebar, Trump leans to his left and speaks with his (second?) lawyer Emil Bove. Nechless also in conversation, with the colleague behind her.
Justice Merchan: Bring in the witness, then the jury
Read 99 tweets
May 13
OK - #TrumpTrial heads into home stretch, Michael Cohen (& Allen Weisselberg brought down to take the 5th?) Stormy audio / book:
Support
Venmo: [at] Matthew-Lee-675
paypal.com/paypalme/matth…
Trump is here, dark blue suit, light blue tie, talking to lawyer Emil Bove to his left. Todd Blanche is to his right in the lead counsel seat. Could he be cross examining Michael Cohen will the time comes?
Now Blanche whispering to Trump, covering his mouth like a baseball manager talking to a pitcher on the mound. Then Blanche leaned behind Trump to speak with co-counsel Bove. Susan Necheles sitting at the end of the defense table, separated from Trump by Bove
Read 90 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(