Arun Krishnan 🇮🇳 Profile picture
Aug 17, 2021 10 tweets 6 min read Read on X
Sarted reading the second volume of @vikramsampath 'a magnum opus on Veer Savarkar. His conv with Shaukat Ali of Khilafat fame is eye opening. SA wants Savarkar to give up his Hindu Sanghathan for unity. This conversation could be happening right now!. Look at SA's brazenness Image
"MUslims have been converting Hindus for a long time. Whereas the Shuddhi ceremony is new. So Hibdus should give it up" is the thrist of his argument.
Basically, Mera kutta Tommy, Tuadda kutta kutta Image
Isnt this the same conversation the India RW and the Leftists/Islamists are having today? Image
Nothing has changed in a 100 years. The same riots. Music played before mosques by Hindus. Sunni- Shia riots.
Instead of Pandit MA Chamupati then, it is Kamalesh Tiwari now. Image
One could use this same argument in the context of the #CAA and #Afghanistan . In fact, many Indians are making this exact same argument. Nearly a 100 years apart!
#Savarkar #Kabul Image
Breaking caste barriers!. Words of NC Kelkar, ex RSS Chief. Not quite fascist eh? Image
The Hibdu Mahasabha spoke of eradicating child marriage, polygamy, widow remarriage, female illiteracy.

Not quite the #Talibans #Taliban eh folks? Cant believe the bad rep that the RSS has got! Image
#VeerSavarkar 's definition of a Hindu. Nothing communal about it is there? Image
#VeerSavarkar articulating his ideas on the 7 shackles of Hinduism. I camt disagree with a single one of them.

Why is he considered a conservative and a fascist again??? Image
Savarkar's way of breaking caste was to get everyone to wear the sacred thread. Ramaswamy Naicker was nihilistic in his approach and that has continued in TN fown the ages with all the thread cutting etc.
I prefer Savarkar's approach. Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Arun Krishnan 🇮🇳

Arun Krishnan 🇮🇳 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @ArunKrishnan_

Dec 22, 2023
Thread 🧵 on our trip to #Cambodia. Will share thoughts and impressions.
I always notice traffic flow and sense, cleanliness and road conditions as a first step.
Orderly traffic. NO HONKING. Clean place. No trash that I could see. Roads are smooth. Even the joints between sections on bridges are smooth. Bangalore vaasis who have traveled on ORR will know what I mean.
Very similar stores. Medical stores. Auto repair shops . Tyre shops. 100s of little kirana stores. Typical of Asia.
A Suvarnabhoomi school. Of course written and pronounced differently.
The script is Thai-ish but also looks very Brahmi-based.
We knew this part of the world, especially Malaysia/Indonesia as Suvarnabhoomi.Image
Started the day visiting the Killing Fields. A very sobering start to the trip. Anyone who thinks Communism isn't all bad, should be brought here ...

Read 45 tweets
Dec 8, 2023
Baba ka Bulava.

Reached Varanasi. Stunning road from the airport.

Yeh sab kab se Aisa hai?

2014 ke baad.
That says everything @narendramodi Ji's constituency

Sitting at a rooftop restaurant, overlooking GangaJi.

Oh yes. Not Ganga. Not Ganges. It is Ganga Ji here. Every time. All the time. 🙏🙏🙏 Image
We walked down early in the morning to Assi Ghat. GangaJi flowed placidly past the ghats. Not the joyous and playful Alakananda and Mandakini of the hills. This Gangaji was the mature sort, as if knowing that she has to provide living beings the path to Moksha.
Read 32 tweets
Jun 23, 2023
Listening to Modiji's address tonthe US Congress. A short thread.

It is clear that there is genuine respect for thr man going by the number of people who came over to shake his hands on his way to the podium.
1/
Large strides in AI (Artifical Intelligence) but even more progress in another AI (America India)

Says we must have a difference of opinion at hone but come together as one when we speak for our nations. (Dig at someone?)
Millions who have roots in India and some who sit in this chamber. And there is one behind me (pointing to the VP).

Loud cheers.

Tribute to MKG and MLK. Also to Congressman John Louis (?)

"Democracy is the spirit that supports equality and dignity"
Read 28 tweets
May 6, 2023
Intermission.

This movie is scary. As a parent, even scarier.

@adah_sharma has done a fabulous job.

The ease with which Hindu girls at an impressionable age can be brainwashed is frightening.

Hinduism's natural openness and acceptance can and is being used against it. twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
@adah_sharma It is 1:35 AM in the morning. EO and I just got back from watching the #KeralaStory. I don't know where to start. There hasn't been a movie that has scared and distrubed me as much as this movie has, in a long long time.
3There has also not been another movie that I have connected to, like I have done with #TheKeralaStory .
Perhaps being a father helps. Being a father of daughters, helps even mor.
#TheKashmirFiles spoke about the past. This one, talks about the present. 3/n
Read 15 tweets
Apr 24, 2023
A recent paper titled "Sparks of Artificial General Intelligence: Early experiments with GPT-4", published by Microsoft Research makes for very interesting reading. I have gone through the entire report and it IS TL;DR. Here is my summary of the same #GPT4 #AGI #LLMs 1/n Image
But before that, let's take a brief detour into what intelligence actually means. One of the definitions is that intelligence is a multifaceted and complex cognitive ability that involves the capacity to understand, learn, reason, solve problems, adapt to new situations, 2/n
think critically, and apply knowledge to different domains. But what does it mean to say that an artificial intelligence system is intelligent?
From the paper:
3/n Image
Read 24 tweets
Apr 24, 2023
Since today is the day to reminisce on one's Sachin encounters, let me share a story I have shared a few times earlier.
The year was 1989. Somewhere around February. I was in my 12th. A hostel student at MCC school where the MRF Pace foundation is located. It was my habit to 1/n
walk along the road that led past the pace foundation grounds to our school's back gate as I studied from my book. One day, as I was walking past the MRF nets, I noticed two people I recognized. One was @sachin_rt . the other was @jats72 . They were at the nets, getting ready 2/n
to practice against the MRF pace bowlers. Vivek Razdan was one of them. How did I recognize Sachin? Well, he was in the news those days, being one half of the duo that had shattered that partnership record in Mumbai. So yeah, it was easy for me to recognize him.

3/n
Read 5 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(