🍮Flantoshi🍮 Profile picture
Jan 4, 2022 14 tweets 8 min read Read on X
Why #Cardano isn't Sexy (and that's a good thing) -
How being boring can make you rich

[1/ A Thread]
[2/ Background]

A few years ago, I became a ghostwriter, and very quickly I learned there were 2 types of them:

Those who earn pennies and write fun things like novels, and those who earn a fortune by writing complex instruction manuals that nobody reads

Boring is profitable!
[3/ Boring Investments]

The same principle applies to investing. People often invest as a status symbol or to be considered part of the in-crowd

Is $TSLA really that far ahead of the competition to be worth basically the whole car industry, or is it just really good branding?
[4/ The Dangers of Hype]

Assuming you're not the sexiest company out there, you're bound by reality - you can't overleverage yourself, you have to deliver on promises regularly, etc.

Hype companies don't need to deliver results until the hype dies and the bill comes
[5/ #Cardano isn't sexy]

Let's face it, our leader looks like this, in what universe is this sexy? 👇

Neither is peer review, decentralization or meticulous care to prepare for upcoming global regulation - that's boring, but it attracts the right #CardanoCommunity
[6/ The Unique #CardanoCommunity]

We've all heard the meme "I'm just in it for the tech, not here for the $" - yeah right!🤣

That said, in as much as is possible, $ADA's unsexiness brings people who self select into the project, who are less driven to instant results
[8/ Mainstream Adoption]

According to Pew Research, only 16% of people in the US have invested in crypto, and I'd guess most of them are via apps like Robinhood, as well as being a much lower % in other countries

Normal people see crypto as a scam, not somewhere to invest
[8/ Real word Uses]

Charles has made a point of saying he wants the $ADA ecosystem to focus on real-world applications, like identity management systems, microloans, government & logistics infrastructure, etc.

Unsexy as that may be, it would have instant adoption as it's useful
[9/ Market Penetration]

Who cares what blockchain has what % when there's still over 84% of people to onboard?

Do you know how Coke measures its market penetration, as everyone already drinks them?

Share of throat, as in what % of liquid that people consume is theirs
[10/ Throat Share on the Blockchain]

What we should be looking for is not market cap appreciation because there's a sick new PFP #CNFT collection on $ADA

No, what we should do is look at what percentage of people's economic life can be run better on #Cardano than elsewhere
[11/ Unsexiness & Adoption]

While the average person doesn't care about peer review, decentralization or regulatory oversight (if it doesn't translate to better UX), governments and corporations certainly care

And they can drive billions of users to it, even if they're unaware
[12/ #Cardano as an underbelly]

Did you know that over 1 in 16 websites run on AWS servers? Do most people even know what AWS is or do they care? It's Amazon's most profitable niche!

In time, people will interact with $ADA without knowing, it'll be like a blockchain AWS.
[12/ Conclusion]

Every aspect of your economic life is up for grabs -banking, investing, identity management, etc- and in aggregate this is HUGE

$ADA has all the cards necessary to gobble huge swathes of this, but we need to focus on usefulness to everyday life, instead of hype
[13/ Addendum]

A Software Engineer friend of mine (@Toca_Jaime) pointed out that I didn't mention $ADA's native language of Haskell

Haskell is said to be cumbersome, complicated and boring, but it is used by financial entities, governments, etc as it's secure and functional

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with 🍮Flantoshi🍮

🍮Flantoshi🍮 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @flantoshi

Jun 19, 2022
Why Cardano isn't going to 0

[A Thread🧵]

#Cardano #CardanoADA $ADA #Cryptos
1/ Intro

At the time of writing, the crypto markets look worse than they have looked in a while. Crypto is likely, for the first time in its history, to experience an economic recession and increasing interest rates.

This has prompted critics to say that “crypto is dead!”
2/ The Apocalypse is happening

Now, I’m not gonna bullshit you, the markets are nuking and we’re in for a world of hurt. But the logical inference that because the price is lower it’s over for crypto, is a fundamental misunderstanding of the tech and its role in the economy.
Read 14 tweets
May 20, 2022
A beginner’s overview of Catalyst (Cardano’s Treasury and innovation lab)

[A Thread🧵]

#CardanoCommunity #CardanoADA #Cardano $ADA Image
1/ Intro

Catalyst is often jokingly referred to as Cardano’s VC, as it aims to collect a portion of fees generated from each transaction and use that money to fund projects that are beneficial to the community.

A funding round for Project Catalyst happens around every 6 weeks.
2/ Purpose

Catalyst is still in an experimental phase where its operating procedure is subject to change considerably

But it ultimately seeks to be a means by which to fund projects that help the Cardano ecosystem, irrespective of whether or not they’re necessarily profitable
Read 18 tweets
May 8, 2022
How to make the most out of a bear market

[A Thread🧵]

#CardanoCommunity #Cardano $ADA
1/Intro

Every macro indicator is screaming recession. The last decade of excess has come to an end and it’s time to pay the piper.

I cannot promise you’ll make money during these times, what I can do is to make tactical suggestions to maybe benefit from the situation.
2/ Background

The other week we covered why most people are not going to do well in this environment, and today we’ll discuss how to benefit from a bear market.

Read 19 tweets
Apr 26, 2022
You Are (Probably) Not Going to Make It - How to Survive a Bear Market

[A Thread🧵]

@conraddit @matiwinnetou @DeansEpoch @hans_the_crypto @cardano_whale @LatinStakePools
1/ Disclaimer

Sorry to the people I tagged on the thread, I don’t mean you specifically, or anyone else in the audience.

I’m sure you’re all lovely and smart people😳

I’m referring to the average Joe and his habits, how despite his best intentions, he might be destined to fail
2/ Intro

If you’re under 40 you have likely never been invested during a deep recession.

We all collectively believe we’re much better at making money than we really are, it’s just that until recently we’ve had the longest bull-run in recorded history.
Read 17 tweets
Apr 7, 2022
10 Reasons Why I Would Sell My #ADA

[A Thread🧵]

#Cardano @DeansEpoch @technologypoet @conraddit
1/Intro

ADA is an investment for me, it’s not a religion and it’s not the purpose of my life

ATM #Cardano accounts for 90% of my portfolio

For good or ill, there may be a moment when I feel the need to sell some or all of my holdings. This is an exploration of those scenarios
2/Reason 1: Nakamoto Coefficient goes down

This measure is a means of seeing how many entities control Cardano as a network. BTC started at 35, now it’s 5, ETH is 2

Cardano is at about 22, if it becomes comparable to BTC, or ETH, I’m out

(thanks to @matiwinnetou for charts)
Read 19 tweets
Mar 4, 2022
THREAD SUMMARY OF KRAKEN'S REPORT:

Sitting Tight - February 2022 Crypto On-Chain Digest

This report is an analysis of various on-chain metrics for #Bitcoin, #Ethereum and #Cardano which show a bearish trend for the markets and what its ongoing effects might be 0/6
Most important info 1/X
Throughout February, Crypto was going out of exchanges, which would imply people intended to HODL. Now though, exchanges are minorly receiving more crypto than is leaving, so people are more likely to sell their holdings. However, this trend is lessening with each passing day 2/X
Read 7 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(